• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

monome

I... really can't see Ben Affleck taking directions from Zack fucking Snyder.

rumor is the Batman gig comes with directing Justice League since Affleck only directs movies he stars in.

for the millions he will receive to star in MoS2, he can shut up and take it I suppose.

There were those rumors they wanted him to direct the Justice League movie, right? Maybe this is a way to get him to do it and hopefully it's a way to get Snyder and Goyer to eventually fuck off from the franchise.

On the flip side, he probably wants to take a break from smaller movies and dive into that blockbuster cash for a while.

If I remember correctly he didn't want to do JL because he didn't feel comfortable taking on such a huge project as a director yet. He might be doing this as a way to kind of learn from Snyder.

Now before the lol's, directing these huge movies takes a lot of skill. While the likes of Snyder and Bay might not be ideal for a story driven film, they are very gifted when it comes to the organizational skills needed to pull these huge productions together. If Ben can get a hands on experience he might reconsider doing a JL movie.

okdakor

Matt Damon playing Robin, do it WB!

No, Damon is commissioner Gordon

kQ5cEDZ.jpg

monome

If I remember correctly he didn't want to do JL because he didn't feel comfortable taking on such a huge project as a director yet. He might be doing this as a way to kind of learn from Snyder.

Now before the lol's, directing these huge movies takes a lot of skill. While the likes of Snyder and Bay might not be ideal for a story driven film, they are very gifted when it comes to the organizational skills needed to pull these huge productions together. If Ben can get a hands on experience he might reconsider doing a JL movie.

not only this but Affleck made two good movies that resolve around team efforts.
while playing the central character in a relative toned down style.

which fits Batman within JL. (patriarchal, weary).

I do expect his Batman to be a little to angsty though, and really wish he at least brings dem muscles up to Batman standards.
Superheroes are not the best characters to portray, but being a physical fit really elevates it (aka Cavill/Butler).

not only this but Affleck made two good movies that resolve around team efforts.
while playing the central character in a relative toned down style.

which fits Batman within JL. (patriarchal, weary).

I do expect his Batman to be a little to angsty though, and really wish he at least brings dem muscles up to Batman standards.
Superheroes are not the best characters to portray, but being a physical fit really elevates it (aka Cavill/Butler).

If he gets back to The Town level of fitness he should be fine. I mean I love Keaton but he wasn't rock hard under his suit.

Verendus

Banned
This is really good actually. He should direct the new Batman movies and also the JL movie. Hell, have him co-direct the Batman/Superman movie! He just needs to bulk a little and get into top shape. He's a much better director than Snyder. I'll be interested to see his Batman but I believe he can make it work. He's proven himself over the past several years in my eyes.

Grinchy

Banned
rumor is the Batman gig comes with directing Justice League since Affleck only directs movies he stars in.

for the millions he will receive to star in MoS2, he can shut up and take it I suppose.

I hope that's not the case. He's such a shit director. His acting isn't very good either.

Nolan recognizes superior Affleck by throwing Casey in his next film though.

I really hope this means Ben Affleck will pimpslap david goyer and put some input in on the next film, he's not a bad director and it would be nice to have somebody keep goyer in reign.

Gone Baby Gone was very good. Everything else is shit. I don't know how he has convinced so many people that his shit movies are good.

Gone Baby Gone = great
The Town = eh...decent. ending sucked ass though.
Argo = ...alright.

What was wrong with Daredevil had little to do with Affleck and in the Director's Cut it is even a decent effort.

Soooo. A matured Affleck as Wayne seems like it can work out.
But my problem is that I still hate the idea of using Miller's Dark Knight as any kind of reference on the next movie and I can't see Affleck as the "god damned Batman" at all.

Kworn

Banned
I couldn't watch past 13 seconds.

Once he is past his initial annoyance he does make some good points and his Batman fan boy kicks in.

He just cant get over the fact he cant imagine Bruce Wayne standing there, all he will think is "That is Ben Affleck"

I tend to agree

Once he is past his initial annoyance he does make some good points and his Batman fan boy kicks in.

He just cant get over the fact he cant imagine Bruce Wayne standing there, all he will think is "That is Ben Affleck"

I tend to agree

Fair enough. I might go back to it later.

I don't agree with the "That is Ben Affleck". Marvel movies prove that you can look past the actors if done well. Tony Stark isn't RDJ. He's Tony Stark. For example.

J-Rzez

What an odd selection. I'm not happy with this at all. Possibly one of the worst decisions ever. I'm actually pretty sad.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Even Ben is shocked he was picked.

tumblr_mrz3qiFWBf1qzii9go1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom