• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel

I don't get the people bringing up Ledger. Unless Nolan cast Affleck, there's no common link between that actor/performance and Affleck.

Mr_Moogle

After Michael Keaton I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

I thought Keaton was pretty decent. He nailed the Bruce Wayne part and when he was in the suit he didn't pull some ridiculous voice like Bale did. The only problem with Keaton was he wasn't physically big enough to look intimidating in the costume.

Also neither of his movies we're even about Batman. The villains stole the show in both of Burton's films.

Rad-

That's pretty hilarious. I mean I don't even hate the guy but he just doesn't scream Batman at all when you watch him. He really needs to act his ass off to make it believable.

Dabanton

If I remember correctly he didn't want to do JL because he didn't feel comfortable taking on such a huge project as a director yet. He might be doing this as a way to kind of learn from Snyder.

Now before the lol's, directing these huge movies takes a lot of skill. While the likes of Snyder and Bay might not be ideal for a story driven film, they are very gifted when it comes to the organizational skills needed to pull these huge productions together. If Ben can get a hands on experience he might reconsider doing a JL movie.

I'd agree with this.

D.Lo

I thought Keaton was pretty decent. He nailed the Bruce Wayne part and when he was in the suit he didn't pull some ridiculous voice like Bale did. The only problem with Keaton was he wasn't physically big enough to look intimidating in the costume.
He should have been more ripped, but it was cool that he was sort of a ninja, rather than an MMA fighter. Fits the character more IMO, in the comics he gets to be both but in real life huge dudes are not doing crazy flexible gymnastics stuff.

Bale was about the right size but then Nolan put him in a tank suit to be 'realistic' in films about bombs that explode all the water in a city.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
While a somewhat odd casting choice, this at least could turn out ok. The Snyder/Goyer combo is this movie's bigger problem.

Floex

I know Bale was playing a younger Bruce Wayne in the Batman films but Affleck is only two years older than him in real-life. It's hardly a stretch for an 'older' Batman now, is it. I was getting used to the idea of it being someone like Viggo Mortensen or Jim Caviezel :(

Dabanton

The casting makes sense from WB/DC view

You needed a bankable star to anchor this picture and by extension a Justice League movie. I can't name many Hollywood actors off the top off my head who have that kind of box office pull.

A lot of us were naming people who would never prove to be a real draw. This is them trying to find their RDJ the person that holds the films together.

Mario007

I know Bale was playing a younger Bruce Wayne in the Batman films but Affleck is only two years older than him in real-life. It's hardly a stretch for an 'older' Batman now, is it. I was getting used to the idea of it being someone like Viggo Mortensen or Jim Caviezel :(
Well they mention in the press release that the new Batman will be a more skilled crime fighter and more experienced than Cavill's Superman. You really have to compare the those two actors, rather than Bale and Affleck.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The casting makes sense from WB/DC view

You needed a bankable star to anchor this picture and by extension a Justice League movie. I can't name many Hollywood actors off the top off my head who have that kind of box office pull.

A lot of us were naming people who would never prove to be a real draw. This is them trying to find their RDJ the person that holds the films together.

I understand the choice, I don't like it though.

I really like Affleck. But I can't imagine him as Batman.

Then again... He can act. Maybe he will work as a grizzled older Batman who has to fuck superman up.Affleck is a big dude... Wonder what the suit is gonna look like.

deafmedal

I went to sleep, hoping I would wake up and it was all a horrible nightmare. It wasn't. I ruined my wife's morning, well WB did anyway. She is raging hard, lol! She doesn't like Ben Aflac too much..."Stupid duck looking motherfucker!" :)

Bad actor for a bad movie.

It's a shame, now that he started making right career moves.

this... He had a good thing going with his directing abilites, thought he had finally accepted that he simply is NOT a good actor but has talent elsewhere...

I would gladly be proven wrong of course but as of now? i don't see it happening.

Boerseun

Banned
Good to me. Now get him to direct it.

Yeah, definitely, this is what I came to post.

Dump Snyder, hire Affleck to direct, let him bring in additional writers if Goyer's script isn't up to scratch. Then give him a decent budget to realise his vision.

And for an extra wish: fire the whole cast of Man of Steel, have Affleck recast Superman and the supporting cast (he knows actors), then watch the megabucks (and awards!) roll in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yeah, definitely, this is what I came to post.

Dump Snyder, hire Affleck to direct, let him bring in additional writers if Goyer's script isn't up to scratch. Then give him a decent budget to realise his vision.

And for an extra wish: fire the whole cast of Man of Steel, have Affleck recast Superman and the supporting cast (he knows actors), then watch the megabucks (and awards!) roll in.

Yep, this is the dumbest shit posted in here so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom