• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
.I'm ok with this

Bale was the worst batman of all time no way this is gonna be any worse

ToeKnee

Neo Member
So in all seriousness, I can see Ben Affleck taking over this Man of Steel sequel purely because he's Ben Affleck. I really hope the film delivers in that the focus is on Clark Kent/Superman. Yeah, it'd be great to see him and Batman on the screen together, but I'll be paying to see a good Superman story which I hope Zack Snyder can deliver upon.

kmfdmpig

I might be too optimistic, but I think he has a chance to do a very good job in the role. While most agree that Daredevil sucked I don't think it was mostly his fault. This seems like an opportunity for him to overwrite the bad impression people have of him based on that role.

For those that have not watched Town or Argo it's important to remember that Affleck in 2013 is not the same crappy Affleck that was in Reindeer Games, Pearl Harbor or Daredevil.

If they can use this role as a way to get him to direct the Batman movies or Justice League movies all the better.

Also, it's interesting that the role that helped him turn the corner from laughing stock to respected was playing George Reeves (Superman) in Hollywoodland and this role provides him a chance to solidify that improvement with the mainstream.

While it's not my first choice, I think it can be a very good choice and am curious to see the final result.

glaurung

If Ben can hit the degree of fitness and nails the voice/walk/overall mannerisms, I am cool with him donning the cape.

Witty-confused Affleck is the worst that could happen.

I'm mad about this casting because Ben Affleck is better than it.

With Snyder and Goyer, the movie was leaning bad before this news.

Maybe Affleck can give Snyder some pointers on directing though.

Kinyou

Daredevil 2?

Get that Evanescence soundtrack ready

ben2kju7n.gif

tino

Banned
Batman: "...I know what we have to do. And you from another fucking planet, and you Lois Lane. to finally make it all right..."
Amy Adems, "Please don't say it."
Batman, "We all got to have sex together!"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
i don't know how to feel.....

Has someone super imposed the mask into ben's face?

jYRHR2S.gif

yx8x0OS.png

Who knows what the real suit and cowl will look like. Have a feeling it will be awesome though, Snyder does well with that.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I like Ben Affleck a lot, and he has grown into a very fine actor and director, but him as Batman? I just can't get excited for that. My gut feeling is that it's a horrible choice. I'd rather see him directing the next Man of Steel movie than co-starring in it. :(

It makes sense in a business / Hollywood sense.

I can almost see the chart some business guy made to decide who the best pick for the role was here.

Alienous

jYRHR2S.gif

yx8x0OS.png

Who knows what the real suit and cowl will look like. Have a feeling it will be awesome though, Snyder does well with that.

Shit.

Damn.

He isn't Batman. He's Ben Affleck in a Batman costume.

I hope that Snyder and co. work their movie magic. I'll have to reserve judgement until we see official images.

bengraven

I'm okay with this. The guy has grown up, matured as an actor, and is incredibly talented.

I can't wait to hear what Kevin Smith has to say.

That said, he already half-covered his "Gigli-era" career by becoming an award winning director, but now he needs to fix the other half by becoming a great actor. Then we can finally stop fucking talking about how bad we hated Affleck in the early 2000s.

Sorcerer

As we speak Affleck is practicing his best "I'm Batman" in a gravely voice in front of Elektra at home.

"I'm Batman"

"I'm Batman"

"I'm Batman"

When Matt Damon calls on the phone Affleck answers:

"I'm Batman"

JPodz

Banned
31 pages of people saying

"What?"
"I can't believe it"
"This is my worst nightmare"

Etc etc.

Shut it down.
It's a fucking movie.

31 pages of people saying

"What?"
"I can't believe it"
"This is my worst nightmare"

Etc etc.

Shut it down.
It's a fucking movie.
Oh man. And you totally could have avoided seeing any of it by just passing by the thread.

Hey guys, everyone shut up. JPodz thinks the thread is stupid.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
While shocked, I am also pretty happy that we are getting a new Batman, which means new batman films hopefully to run along side future DC films. If Bale had in fact returned I had the feeling we wouldn't be getting any new sole Batman films, which would have been pretty darn lame.

RangerX

Banned
Ben affleck is a fantastic director but i don't think hes grown as an actor. Hes always so uncharismatic and dull. I'll give him a chance but i'm not expecting much.

Solo

I'm even more pleased about this news today than I was before I went to bed last night. I was fully prepared to skip MoS2 before this announcement. Now? You've got my ass in the theatre, WB.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm even more pleased about this news today than I was before I went to bed last night. I was fully prepared to skip MoS2 before this announcement. Now? You've got my ass in the theatre, WB.

Solo's new Green Lantern.

Szu

I'm ok with this. Affleck has won be over with some of his recent work (The Town and Argo). His presence in both films was much more reserved and low-key compared to his witty persona. Granted, he was also directing those movies so he was probably too invested behind the camera to show his acting it in front of it. However, that does give me a glimmer of hope that he can maintain that atmosphere as Batman.
Ben-Affleck-pic-2.jpg

Matrix

I say Ben keeps the beard and we get a bearded older Bats...

p8beC1v.jpg

This is for the Man of Steel sequel right? Well after that awful first film I won't be paying money to see the second, they could have cast Steven Anthony Lawrence for all I care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom