• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Batman fucked Superman's mom.

006HYD_Diane_Lane_004.jpg

So he's already gotten more ass than Nolan's Bruce....

SeanR1221

I'm ok with this. Affleck has won be over with some of his recent work (The Town and Argo). His presence in both films was much more reserved and low-key compared to his witty persona. Granted, he was also directing those movies so he was probably too invested behind the camera to show his acting it in front of it. However, that does give me a glimmer of hope that he can maintain that atmosphere as Batman.
Ben-Affleck-pic-2.jpg

Was that him in the town? Haven't watched it in awhile.

.la1n

I can see him playing Batman. More so than I could picture Bale playing Bats. Honestly the casting of Batman is the least of the problems this film will have to overcome on the way to the big screen.

Now we just need confirmation that they're shooting on 35mm so this can effectively be the worst movie of all time and targeting hipsters.

SJRB

Gold Member
I can't believe how big a deal this appearantly is, it's all over the news.

I mean, I'm not happy with it either but this is some serious backfire I've seldomly seen.

Baleoce

I think I'm just fatigued of Bruce Batman films now, even if this is a crossover. I really want them to do a Batman Beyond film and explore the possibilities of Neo-Gotham with Terry McGinnis and Old Bruce.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Karl Urban + new Judge Dredd movie please.

All of you whinning about Affleck go watch the Karl Urban Judge Dredd movie. Then start demanding a new Dredd movie.

Karl Urban Judge Dredd > Christan Bale Batman.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Please tell me this is a joke

Ushae

Banned
This will either be the worst decision WB could have ever made or the best. Ben Affleck made some pretty lolworthy movies in his career, but he's done some surprisingly amazing roles too.

He may just nail it guys. Maybe. Fucking hell I'm so uncertain about this..

For God's sake, hire an unknown if you have to, someone who gives off a Batman vibe. But please, spare us Ben freaking Affleck trying to act all dark and edgy. It just won't work.

Solo

So many mentions of Daredevil in here (as a strike against Affleck/reason why he shouldn't have been cast as Batman).....are you guys for fucking real?

Daredevil was a mediocre (critically and financially) popcorn movie he starred in 10 years ago. NO ONE (outside of internet forum posters) thinks of Daredevil when they think of Ben Affleck. They think of the 2007 onwards, career-rehabilitated, critical darling Ben Affleck who just won Best Picture and is now one of the more powerful figures in Hollywood.

So many mentions of Daredevil in here (as a strike against Affleck/reason why he shouldn't have been cast as Batman).....are you guys for fucking real?

I dunno why they're going on about Daredevil either. It has nothing to do whatsoever with how this will turn out.

Ben Affleck is not a good actor.

I find this hilarious. Never saw the dreadful MOS and now I have no desire to see the sequel! My brother is a huge Superman fan and when I told him he thought I was joking! He said no fucking way!!

HAHAHAHA

This is fantastic. What the fuck were they thinking casting him?!?

Ovid

And this is why DC movies will continue on its current path of mediocrity.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO CAST A BIG NAME ACTOR TO PLAY A SUPER HERO!!!

RDJ was not an A-list celebrity when he was cast to play Iron Man. He was a C-list (maybe B-list) at the time.

Ben as Bruce Wayne/Batman is laughable.

I see this being the equivalent of George Clooney playing Batman...really bad.

When was he Daredevil? I know he played a gimped Deadpool. Chris Evans was The Human Torch and Captain America, too.
My bad, I meant Wade Wilson aka Deadpool.

Remember when everyone said Heath Ledger was a bad choice for the Joker role?

That was because those people hadn't seen Ledger in any films before. That guy could act. Those people were hoping for a more famous person to play that role.

Affleck, on the other hand, is a mediocre actor at best. Will he be able to pull off the billionaire playboy and the dark crusader? Two very different roles. I say absolutely not. I love the choice of Affleck just for all the salty tears

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
If they said he plays Batman and also gets to direct the Justice League movie when it comes out I'd have been 100% more elated. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

bengraven

I'm excited for this actually. I think he's going to be great.

I wonder how many people going "NOOOO GIGLI DAREDEVIL" were even old enough to read when those movies came out.

The guy has fucking earned a reprieve, you blood sucking vampires.

There is little to nothing to be excited or disappointed by with Affleck as Batman. We don't know what kind of character we are getting and we don't know how Affleck is preparing for the role. It's not like he's personally going to do much in the suit, and with this being a Superman movie too, I don't anticipate that much Bruce Wayne, either.

I definitely don't like the idea of introducing the new Batman this way though. They have to establish him, his relationship with Superman, Gotham City, and a new villain(s). It's too much. Affleck's a competent enough actor that his casting is the least to worry about with this film. If he sucks in the role, there will be, in all likely hood, bigger problems with the film.

Karl Urban + new Judge Dredd movie please.

All of you whinning about Affleck go watch the Karl Urban Judge Dredd movie. Then start demanding a new Dredd movie.

Karl Urban Judge Dredd > Christan Bale Batman.
An actor can do an amazing job, but without audience he/she has little to on chance with the studios. Karl urban was always a wet drem for some fans he never had a chance.

McLovin

ok after thinking about it, its not that bad. He hasn't been terrible recently. If he can pull this off, all past shitty movies will be forgiven.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
ummmm

whatever, I'll wait to see how things will look.

Ben's a good director/actor, I don't see why people are panicking??.... Playing a good superhero is more than just looking like him/her...

SteveWD40

Huh...his lower jaw looks pretty good with the mask on.

I can't wait to hear what Kevin Smith has to say about this. Other than what he's already said about seeing the new Batman naked. haha

I imagine 90% of the screening process is putting cowls over portraits of actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom