• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best. Album. Ever. (VOTE NOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fart

Savant
searching an unordered list can be done in one op when that op is cmd-f. look, i've thought this through. you want to count them up you're welcome to, and you can do it however you want, just let me know.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
fart said:
searching an unordered list can be done in one op when that op is cmd-f. look, i've thought this through. you want to count them up you're welcome to, and you can do it however you want, just let me know.

*shrug*, I'm not ordering you around or trying to take your project away from you; if you like doing ctrl-f searches then hey whatever.

Ravenn17

Yes. Yes. Yes.

nevermind.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
51BVZZX88EL._AA240_.jpg

I NOMINATE TOOL - AENIMA

gollumsluvslave said:
Uggh. Two discs full of pretentious Corgan-wankery, 1979 aside....

Gish>>>>>>Siamese Dream>>> Ava Adore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mello Collie

All good albums, except for Adore, where I pretty much only liked Perfect. Still, saying Mellon Collie is pretentious, where do you get that crap? The variety of different sounds on that album is amazing and it all sounds equally brilliant.

Ogni-XR21

thetrin said:
51BVZZX88EL._AA240_.jpg

I NOMINATE TOOL - AENIMA

Finally some Tool. I would have nominated one of their albums next, I personally think 10,000 days is better, but I can see why some people prefer Aenima, and in order to get the votes up...

VOTE FOR TOOL - AENIMA

and respect for thetrin +100

oh btw. to follow step 3: EVERONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE TOOL HAS NO SENSE FOR MUSIC WHATSOEVER AND ONLY LIKES SHALLOW PATHETIC FUCKING MUSIC!!!

Squeak

I don't know about best album ever (as far as I'm concerned it's impossible), but I think this deserves mention.

kate.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I NOMINATE %THE AVALANCHES% - %SINCE I LEFT YOU%

61MC28X1RHL._SS500_.jpg

and thusly,

I VOTE FOR %THE AVALANCHES% - %SINCE I LEFT YOU%

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I vote for GUNS N ROSES - APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION.

From beginning to end, this is one of the best rock n roll albums of all time, and is one of the defining moments of an otherwise forgettable movement of big hair glam rock. The best part of this album is that the best songs never even made it to radio, and one of the best rock anthems of all time...nobody has heard. Yet somehow, the other hits are big enough that this seems justified. Fucking awesome.

Angry

Squeak said:
I don't know about best album ever (as far as I'm concerned it's impossible), but I think this deserves mention.

kate.jpg

<3 <3!
Although clearly it's not quite in best album ever territory (as you said) when I eventually get this custom printed onto a t-shirt it'll be a strong contender for best t-shirt of all time.

Speaking of best album ever though, it's obviously this:

BarbarellaFront.jpg

genjiZERO

Fallout-NL said:
melloncollie.jpg

Two discs packed with whininess, generic rage and suck.

I agree with Mr. Fart
SMASHING PUMPKINS ALBUMS STARTED SUCKING WHEN BUTCH VIG STOPPED (OVER)PRODUCING THEM

Don't get me wrong Siamese Dream and the exceedingly underrated Pisces Iscariot are great examples of alternative rock - but Melancholy is just a bad self parody of the creativity and energy of their earlier albums.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I vote weezer pinkerton

I call for a removal of a rush of blood to the head and replace it with

B0000508U6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I also don't understand the lack of radiohead? Around here they are guaranteed to win so I nominate this also

Ok-Computer_32A974BE.jpg

esbern

hey i love the glow, thats a great favorite album to have.

my favorite album is "the black saint and the sinner lady" by Charles Mingus

Falch

Some excellent choices already (especially Aenima and Remedy Lane), but I'll pick the best album of the best band there is:

anath_judge.jpg

esbern said:
hey i love the glow, thats a great favorite album to have.

my favorite album is "the black saint and the sinner lady" by Charles Mingus

Great minds think alike! I just posted that album below your post. There's nothing like that Mingus album.... Nothing like it.

Jesus Carbomb said:
41V21PQ0RJL._SS500_.jpg

The Wrens - The Meadowlands

I've listened to it so many times... it never gets old. Good stuff

I want to vote for this too. Definitely my favorite album that's been released while I've been alive.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I have a hard time seeing people shit on Mellon Collie, even though I know it's totally overrated and and about 1.8 discs too long. It just has some songs that hold such immense early-highschool nostalgic value for me. No way could I pick it as best album ever though. Oh, and Adore is good, not bad.

Picking "best album ever" is impossible. There's no such thing, and there never will be. I can't even think of my favorite album, it changes every few years. 8 years ago I would've said DSOTM. 3-4 years ago I would have said OK Computer. But the more music I discover, many of which are great on so many different kinds of levels.... the fuck if I know.

I nom nom nom

31JZ6THBQJL._AA115_.jpg

The KLF - Chill Out

Best album ever, here's why: you got your house music and your ambient music, and, with this album, you've got your ambient house music. Basically it's techno music with the beats removed and train sfx, Elvis samples and Long Island radio thrown in. Funny music you can chill to.

dbish

I also don't understand the lack of radiohead? Around here they are guaranteed to win so I nominate this also

Ok-Computer_32A974BE.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Seconded. (or +1, w/e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom