• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best. Album. Ever. (VOTE NOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikelet

I nominate Pink Floyd - DSOTM

But it was bloody close, i could have chose any one of these on another day:
Daydream nation
Siamese dream
The Meadowlands
The Wall
Ziggy Stardust
Aenema
Weezer (Blue album)
Animals
Abbey Road
OK computer

And about a million more...

White Man

MasterAJ22 said:
Maybe not my favorite album, but it's really chill and grows on you. Making it my choice solely so people who have missed out on it might give it a chance.

they-might-be-giants-the-sp.jpg

I hate doing 2 posts in a row, but I wanted to chime in here. About 3 months ago while on a drunken buyin' shit spree on iTunes, I ended up with most of the I Might Be Giants library. I really like their last 2 proper albums, The Else and The Spine. For being such fun music, TMBG fans seem to be as big of stuck-in-their-ways assholes as, say, Ween fans. These last two albums were pretty great, in my opinion. Not like, brilliant, but not everything could be Lincoln and those assclowns need to realize that.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
So, so far we have in the lead...

The Beatles - Abbey Road 2
Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie 2

...We're really getting somewhere here.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I've got to give some props to the duder that nominated Bark Psychosis; nice, real nice.

In the end, though, instead of adding another one-mention album into the mix (it would've been, duh, Catherine Wheel, Adam & Eve) I'll throw my weight behind Pet Sounds.

I VOTE FOR %BEACH BOYS% - %PET SOUNDS%

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I vote for %Not using% - %Percentage signs% - %Around the album titles anymore%.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Cosmic Bus said:
I VOTE FOR %BEACH BOYS% - %PET SOUNDS%
Hotarubi, I never knew your great taste in things extended to music as well as film.

Why the new username, btw? I could only recognize you by your tag (which I do not get).

TJ Bennett said:
Fret not, I've added text to my original post. Hopefully we get a few more votes for Pet Sounds.
Yes, for the Love of Mike!

btrboyev

winner for worst taste in music on the board.

congratulations!

opinions are like assholes....blah blah...but thanks for sharing. Both of these bands are bands that are much different than my everyday style that I listen to.

I feel the same way about almost every album in here as you do about mine. I'm willing to bet anybody on this board that you haven't listened to either of two albums ever.

Big Country as far as I'm concerend was the most talented band in the world.

Dali

Having attempted to tally some of the votes in the 'best anime thread' Evillore started, I commend you for the workload you have resigned yourself to.

My nomination is
Band: Weezer
Album: Blue Album

blue.jpg

I was tempted to throw my lot in with a Beatles, Wu Tang/GZA, Radiohead, Nirvana, or Smashing Pumpkins nomination, but when someone says "greatest album" the first thing that comes to mind is Blue. No matter how fleeting the thought is, I've got to go with my first impulse.

Nameless said:
B00000DHSE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Perfect production, tons of variety, not a single non-great song on the entire album. 13 years later I STILL listen to it all the way through regularly.

To OP: This isn't self-titled. It's E.1999 Eternal.

Foob said:
Pinkerton.jpg

Weezer - Pinkerton

Guzim said:
I vote for Weezer - Pinkerton

Pikelet said:
I nominate Pink Floyd - DSOTM

But it was bloody close, i could have chose any one of these on another day:
Daydream nation
Siamese dream
The Meadowlands
The Wall
Ziggy Stardust
Aenema
Weezer (Blue album)
Animals
Abbey Road
OK computer

And about a million more...

It doesn't mean much, but you guys have just elevated yourselves to the status of unquestionably kickass in my book. Any posts made hence-fourth regarding matters of taste will be treated with the utmost respect by me.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Dali said:
It doesn't mean much, but you guys have just elevated yourselves to the status of unquestionably kickass in my book. Any posts made hence-fourth regarding matters of taste will be treated with the utmost respect by me.
If Rivers went with and finished Songs From the Black Hole they might have gotten my vote ;)

Come to my pod...

Yixian

Banned
Yo there is 2 votes for Kind of Blue, not just one :)

Come on people, Kind of Blue, Kind of Blue, you know it makes sense!

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Pikelet said:
For Gods sake someone mention Guided by Voices - Bee thousand since i cant

I'm more of an Alien Lanes dude myself, but since that's my 2nd fave album...

My vote : Radiohead / Ok Computer

pfff...there is nowhere near one album I could name....maybe a thousand???

I mean if you are into many different genres of music, how could there possibly be one?

nelsonroyale said:
pfff...there is nowhere near one album I could name....maybe a thousand???

I mean if you are into many different genres of music, how could there possibly be one?

You choose one randomly out of all your favorites so you can post in the thread. Oh wait you found a (snobbish) loophole. So did I, but it's too late since I already voted once.

Parl

Either:

System Of A Down - Self-Titled

3402.jpg

Or, System Of A Down - Steal This Album!

System%20Of%20A%20Down%20-%20Steal%20This%20Album%20Front.jpg

Honourable mentions:

- System Of A Down: Mezmerize/Hypnotize (Not "Toxicity", an AMAZING album, just not as good as the rest, IMHO)
- Malice Mizer: Merveilles
- Moi Dix Mois: Dix Infernal
- Moi Dix Mois: Nocturnal Opera
- Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory (why did they have to go down the pan?)
- Tenacious D - Self-titled

akachan ningen said:
You choose one randomly out of all your favorites so you can post in the thread. Oh wait you found a (snobbish) loophole. So did I, but it's too late since I already voted once.

nah, honestly I find it a bit silly to choose one... Im really into my music so it is impossible for me...Really, Im feeling most what Im listenint to now...]

pn18

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
GAF am fail.

dsotm.jpg

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

[.spoiler]There is no dark side of the Moon, really.
+++
indeed.
edit: omg, having seen The Wall-cover above, I can't decide. I guess, I stay with Dark Side.

MasterAJ22 said:
Maybe not my favorite album, but it's really chill and grows on you. Making it my choice solely so people who have missed out on it might give it a chance.

they-might-be-giants-the-sp.jpg

Definitely not The Best Album ever, but it is a great album. Experimental Film is probably my most played song in the last 3 years.

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations is probably my favorite album. Not the best album ever either, but I still nominate it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dali said:

where's the love :(, I voted pinkerton.

Odrion

Banned
Well we rested in a desert
Where the bones were white as teeth, sir
And we saw St. Elmo's Fire
Splitting ions in the ether
(fucking awesome guitar solo)

B000025JSF.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom