• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYOND: Two Souls (Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe) |OT| Press Triangle to Aiden

Got my copy coming today from Gamefly. Last I saw of this game was back when X-Play did a sneak preview on the making of it. Looks great from the shots I've seen so far.

Redbox is carrying this?!?!? I didn't know that. Probably the worst type of game to have in a Redbox. Anyways, hopefully there will still be copies left, which shouldn't be too unlikely considering where I live.

yea redbox has a ton of copies near me western NJ near Philly- nearly every kiosk has a copy

edit:in hand on way back home now

graboids

I never finished Heavy Rain, but I am getting this from Gamefly and interested to see what its like... no real expectations either way, but the visuals look great from what I have seen.

Well, looks like I won't be getting the game for a month or two.

W2QeYWR.png

Mine looked like that yesterday (Low Availability), but then they shipped it anyway... there is still hope!

I tried to time sending GTAV back in time for Beyond's release, and then they bumped the date up to monday instead of tuesday. My game arrived monday, but they didn't clear it as "returned" until after Beyond went to Low availability. Still waiting, but might just have to go to Redbox. In my experience with Gamefly, games that are Low after the initial ship day will have a long wait.

hlhbk

yea redbox has a ton of copies near me western NJ near Philly- nearly every kiosk has a copy

edit:in hand on way back home now

Redbox had it on their site last night to reserve your copy. I reserved my copy at a kroger near my work and will be picking up today.

Squishy3

I tried to time sending GTAV back in time for Beyond's release, and then they bumped the date up to monday instead of tuesday. My game arrived monday, but they didn't clear it as "returned" until after Beyond went to Low availability. Still waiting, but might just have to go to Redbox. In my experience with Gamefly, games that are Low after the initial ship day will have a long wait.
Gamefly always ships games the day before they come out now. They used to not which kind of sucked.

codhand

After playing Beyond: Two Souls I really don’t know how PS4 and Xbox One can beat this Game Graphically. It’s a visual masterpiece! The game’s Graphics are jaw dropping. I was wondering with so much potential in the current generation of systems why we need the next gen consoles. The graphics are the main “wow” factor of the game. You can feel that you are controlling the real Ellen Page.
http://homeshopping.pk/blog/beyond-two-souls-pakistan-review/

me thinks i'll wait for the more mainstream outlets to weigh in

LogicStep

Redbox had it on their site last night to reserve your copy. I reserved my copy at a kroger near my work and will be picking up today.

I've never used Redbox and I just checked on the website and I'm surprised it works for here. They have the game available for Hold for pickup, how does this work? Ho much is it and how long can I keep the game?

Hanmik

Is this game going to be up for download today?

the game streams CONSTANTLY from your PS3´s drive.. sometimes the drive can´t even stream fast enough and textures pop up. And the drive streaming is noisy.. very noisy.. as far as I know the HDD streams slower on some machines so maybe that´s why they chose to not make it available as a digital game. They probably would not have another GTA-V PSN situation,, Beyond streams even more than GTA-V.

CompleteStealth

Neo Member
Been fighting over whether or not I should get this for the past 3 days (it's available locally). Worrying to see reviews calling the story weak, still not 100% on it though.

Screw it, I'm going to go get it now :)

Which is probably true lol. Bollywood/Pakistani/Bangladeshi movies have taken a real dive in quality these days. Beside the off rare quality piece of cinema, most are tacky, hollywoodised, over fluffy, awful popcorn churn outs.
Even MGS1 had a better story than most Bollywood films. So yes I agree with you.

Ce-Lin

I just finished it in one sitting and about to start a second playthrough, what a ride, already my favorite game of the generation,this is just too amazing, I'm sure it will be slaughtered by US media and by UK/French/German reviewers, everyone else will love it, pretty much the same as Heavy Rain, I was glad I played that before reading opinions here on GAF specially by some "popular" members who vomited on it, that was a fantastic game and Beyond is a step "beyond" it, in every way, don't listen or read reviews, just play, this is the best way to say good bye to some great gaming machine such as the PS3.

inm8num2

http://games.highdefdigest.com/159/beyond_two_souls

Despite losing interest in some of Jodie's experiences and often times wishing for more freedom with both Jodie and Aiden, I was transfixed by the game's committed narrative. Not only do I want to pry out some of the variations in play that I may have missed thus far, but my fascination with the game as a whole has only grown since finishing my review playthrough. It's possible that the game's similarity to adventure games and Cage's obsession with being similar to films make for an acquired taste, but the level of production lead character depth, and overall product found in 'Beyond: Two Souls' are well worth the price of admission.

How does the game compare to the first half of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy? (the good half of the game)
So far it feels a little bit like a spiritual successor to Fahrenheit. It has elements from the second half as well (supernatural stuff), except that it is actually done well and awesome. It also serves the story unlike the nonsense stuff found in Fahrenheit.

This game is so frikin amazing, too bad I have to do some work on the PC and I have to stop playing. The Condenser chapter was insane, pretty amazing atmosphere and tension. I need to replay Homeless, they give you some interesting moral choices.

I have to say that I'm surprised how quickly the game scalated into the "mystical" side.

I have a question regarding redeeming the special edition content. I got the game today (EU) and entered the code on psn but it says it's an invalid code. Does it mean the content is not available yet and it will be added with the psn update tomorrow?

Du2andal

Banned
I have a question regarding redeeming the special edition content. I got the game today (EU) and entered the code on psn but it says it's an invalid code. Does it mean the content is not available yet and it will be added with the psn update tomorrow?

I got the exact same thing. Hopefully the codes go valid at some point today.

Endo Punk

The reviews are going to be very very interesting. David Cage always manages to rile up gamers whether his titles review well or not. Though the latter has never really happened, yet.

Squishy3

Either that or make sure you are doing it through account management. Sometimes the promotional codes like these won't work through the regular PSN store for whatever reason.

Guymelef

This is normal, codes start working on official release day.

Top Bottom