• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYOND: Two Souls (Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe) |OT| Press Triangle to Aiden

Was the release event successful? Did many people show up?
It was full yes.

Disclaimer: Not my pictures. Taken from twitter.

The Venue:

014ec3222b7e11e39ebd22000aaa21ed_8.jpg

BVlwHbgIIAANz8D.jpg

d4000c282b5f11e3b74e22000a9e07d7_8.jpg

4d62937e2b7911e3b58922000a1fb885_8.jpg

BVlgZHNIUAAmF9n.jpg

BVlwWDgIEAAdC5b.jpg

f9e972502b8011e399e022000ae80d07_8.jpg

1fb329aa2b7611e3b21822000aaa102f_7.jpg

The Crowd:

BVlXqesIEAANEa-.jpg

a917e5c82b8511e3a6b722000a1fc7c5_8.jpg

1380430_1015329736078pcsrj.jpg

BVpRxfsCAAAzey5.jpg

Actors & Cage:

68a21ce42b8e11e388f322000ae81126_8.jpg

5613df422b9111e3ac2322000ab78582_7.jpg

2edcabee2b9011e396ba22000ae8031f_8.jpg

72ba79322b8f11e383d722000a1f99fc_8.jpg

6e4a06462b9011e381ca22000ae81d87_8.jpg

a67612782b8e11e3b93522000a1f96b2_8.jpg

BVl61HSIQAAF7m2.jpg

BVmN8M4CMAAZkEw.jpg

55e477762b9511e39d4222000a9e0706_8.jpg

a4b2c7982aa711e3b38322000ae90e74_8.jpg

The whole dev team on stage (awesome! Serious props to Cage for doing that!):

BVmBK8FIcAAx4tH.jpg

BVmBqzmIQAAcANK.jpg

BVmA84aIcAERc0w.jpg

Heartwarming Instagram Video: http://instagram.com/p/e-eM8gEf5T/#

Some lucky people went home with a signed copy by David, Ellen and Dafoe!
9c9baea42ab511e3abf522000ae801e0_7.jpg

Cheddahz

Banned
I have a dumb question about the trade in deal for Amazon. I'm planning on trading in Killer Is Dead and do I need to send the LE stuff with it or will the game itself be considered "Good"? I would much rather accept the trade in money right now and place my order for Beyond today rather than a few days later

DragonBane, so you have a copy already then? Did you attend or are these someone else's photo's?
Unfortunately all snagged from twitter :( I probably could have attended though, but have no money to travel to France atm. I'm just as jelly as you that some got an early signed copy :D

Maybe next time!

Love those pictures, dragonbane. Looks like a cool event.
Not my pictures, but thanks anyway. I watched the stream and it was indeed awesome!

Pachimari

It's weird. I where underwhelmed by the demo.

The graphics is fantastic and the atmosphere awesome but it felt so on-rails. I don't have anything against on-rails, it's just that this controls like any 3rd person game but it's like the camera forces you to go one way (specifically the run through the woods scene). That and the motorcycle sequence didn't work at all to me.

I absolutely love Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain and I have a strong feeling I'll really like Beyond: Two Souls. I'm still gonna get this game, but it wasn't as immersive as the 2 other titles, I still slightly prefer the controls in Heavy Rain.

I'm gonna give the demo another go. :)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nice pics, dragonbane. I guess part of me is surprised that many people showed up but it's cool to see.

Jeez, that other thread is a complete mess. I'm glad those people are not in here.

I'm not even clicking on other Beyond threads. The replies are predictable and I'm just bored with it.

It's weird. I where underwhelmed by the demo.

The graphics is fantastic and the atmosphere awesome but it felt so on-rails. I don't have anything against on-rails, it's just that this controls like any 3rd person game but it's like the camera forces you to go one way (specifically the run through the woods scene). That and the motorcycle sequence didn't work at all to me.

I absolutely love Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain and I have a strong feeling I'll really like Beyond: Two Souls. I'm still gonna get this game, but it wasn't as immersive as the 2 other titles, I still slightly prefer the controls in Heavy Rain.

I'm gonna give the demo another go. :)
There are a lot of chapters that play similarly to Heavy Rain don't worry. But in the woods you are not really on-rails, you have multiple ways to go. Also weird that the motorcycle sequence didn't work for you, worked fine for me.

Jeez, that other thread is a complete mess. I'm glad those people are not in here.
Oh wow. Just noticed this thread. Why does it even exist, we are talking about it right now!? The number of people picking it up on GAF is quite decent too when looking at the latest "what are you buying" thread, so I see no real reason to complain.

Not a big fan of Heavy Rain but I loved the Beyond Two Souls demo. The gameplay has been improved IMO and the game looks absolutely phenomenal. PS3 is going out with quite a bang

I really hope David uses big name celebrities in the future for his games. I'm watching some demo footage and Ellen is just killing it. Really beautiful stuff here. It's a totally different caliber than what we got in Heavy Rain.

I really hope David uses big name celebrities in the future for his games. I'm watching some demo footage and Ellen is just killing it. Really beautiful stuff here. It's a totally different caliber than what we got in Heavy Rain.

Agreed, no offence to the Heavy Rain actors but it seems this game is on another level acting wise. Don't know if he would do another video game after Return of the King but someone like Ian McKellen would be great

DukeBobby

I don't think big name celebrities are really necessary. The Dark Sorcerer tech demo had fantastic voice acting, but it didn't really have any big names.

I don't think big name celebrities are really necessary. The Dark Sorcerer tech demo had fantastic voice acting, but it didn't really have any big names.

I'm not saying it's necessary, but it definitely adds a different level of acting ability to the overall emotional experience that has been the trend with QE's games.

We know from Sutherland in MGS V that it can go easily wrong. You need actors that are passionate about the project and a director that can communicate with them and get the best out of them. Fortunately Cage seems to be capable of both: finding the right actors and directing them properly. So I have no problem with him using famous actors in the future, because I know he won't allow them to just phone it in.

DukeBobby

I think the receptionist guy at the motel in Heavy Rain had some of the worst voice acting ever.

I've played that scene many times, but I still don't know what accent it's supposed to be.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Big name actors are welcome as long as they have the required amount of respect for video games. As mentioned with Kiefer, you run a higher risk of them phoning in performances since they might just see it as a paycheck.

Really haven't read much on this game. THinking of making it my final PS3 purchase.

It will be my last game for PS3. After that I need to go full bore putting money away for PS4 next month.

Gertso

Neo Member
Screw David Cage and his fetish for short-haired women.

THIS is how Jody should have looked for most of the game.

Sigh.

It was a limitation of the hardware just like every other game this gen on consoles. You'll see more long hair next gen.

I think the receptionist guy at the motel in Heavy Rain had some of the worst voice acting ever.

I've played that scene many times, but I still don't know what accent it's supposed to be.

Norman Jayden takes the cake for me. I'm a New Englander, and seeing him butcher the accent was terrible.

So what do you say when I tell you that the VA of the motel receptionist is the Oracle from Fahrenheit, the creepy doc from Heavy Rain and the gay demon from The Dark Sorcerer?
It's probably just a silly accent to make it funny. He is capable of more than decent acting.

I find it amusing that Paige looks so bored a lot of the time.
No fun allowed!

EmptySpace disagrees.

1) heavy rain was shot twice, according to david. the actors recorded the sounds/dialogues first, then they did mo-cap and tried to act out the movements while the recorded dialogues are playing in the background. also, the actors were shot separately during mo-cap so whenever the characters were talking to each other, the conversations were recorded separately in both audio and mo-cap.

2) actors in heavy rain were not native speakers of english, therefore the nuances in tone and stresses that come naturally to english speakers are not there.

DukeBobby

So what do you say when I tell you that the VA of the motel receptionist is the Oracle from Fahrenheit, the creepy doc from Heavy Rain and the gay demon from The Dark Sorcerer?
It's probably just a silly accent to make it funny. He is capable of more than decent acting.

Holy shit.

Okay, I take back everything I said :p

EmptySpace disagrees.

1) heavy rain was shot twice, according to david. the actors recorded the sounds/dialogues first, then they did mo-cap and tried to act out the movements while the recorded dialogues are playing in the background. also, the actors were shot separately during mo-cap so whenever the characters were talking to each other, the conversations were recorded separately in both audio and mo-cap.

2) actors in heavy rain were not native speakers of english, therefore the nuances in tone and stresses that come naturally to english speakers are not there.

My point is that with an actor or actress who has "made it" in the competitive world that is Hollywood, you're usually getting someone who is LEAGUES above an unknown actor; they become famous because of their talent (most of the time, anyway) and are therefore going to put on a better performance.

The only problem I had with Heavy Rain's actors was Norman. Just by comparing Heavy Rain's actors and Beyond's you can see the shift in quality for the better, and I think that has to do with the skill of the actors you're dealing with.

There are exceptions, of course, but...

I watched the first 60 minutes on youtube because I'm still not convinced. Yeah it didn't help, won't buy it. Seems way more linear than Heavy Rain + I'm not thrilled by the beginning of the game.
I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything.

GreyWind

I watched the first 60 minutes on youtube because I'm still not convinced. Yeah it didn't help, won't buy it. Seems way more linear than Heavy Rain + I'm not thrilled by the beginning of the game.
I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything.

Where can I watch the first 60 mins of the game?

Top Bottom