• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul and Vic are perfect noms. For Nat or Meech to have a chance of winning, both Vic and Paul need to be gone. Corey and Nicole haven't done anything, so there's no reason to target them yet. Paul is the most dangerous and should be targeted first, though. He'd instantly win in a final two scenario.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Everyone but Nicole playing in the veto. Plan as of now to backdoor Corey unless he wins.

TheYanger

Sounds like Nat and James are actually still wanting Paul gone anyway. They don't even need anyone else besides a veto to cause it to happen - pull vic off, put up one of nicorey, and that essentially forces a Paul evict if they want it.
EDIT: that's the most sensible gameplay either way. Corey/paul otb lets it essentially come down to James deciding who leaves.

Sounds like Nat and James are actually still wanting Paul gone anyway. They don't even need anyone else besides a veto to cause it to happen - pull vic off, put up one of nicorey, and that essentially forces a Paul evict if they want it.
EDIT: that's the most sensible gameplay either way. Corey/paul otb lets it essentially come down to James deciding who leaves.
I think Natalie and James still want to stick with the Nicorey F2 deal that was made. I can see Paul leaving over Corey.

UberTag

It's the one way to ensure their target leaves versus who Nicorey want gone. That said, it'll prove problematic to pull off if either Corey or Paul win veto.

FloatOn

Ideal scenario:

Vic gets sent home and comes back AGAIN in the jury buy back thing beating Paulie in the jury house.

Basically my only concern is keeping Paulie from coming back. I can't stand that insufferable cunt.

DietRob

I don't understand why these people aren't even entertaining the thought of a jury buy back and factoring that into the decisions they are making. I've been watching the feeds while working for the past few days and I think it's been mentioned and immediately thrown to the wayside once.

UberTag

I don't understand why these people aren't even entertaining the thought of a jury buy back and factoring that into the decisions they are making. I've been watching the feeds while working for the past few days and I think it's been mentioned and immediately thrown to the wayside once.
A lot of these people are explicitly conditioned to outright dismiss or not even think of fundamental gameplay questions like that unless they're outright hinted about them by Production via the DR. It's maddening that it's not even discussed given that the math clearly necessitates one if the season is going to adhere to its standard 2 double eviction episodes but these people are simply incapable of thinking along those lines. Mainly due to being recruits and having learning disabilities on top of that. Plus, the two vets still around are conditioned Production lapdogs. Nat and Michelle still thought they had an HOH tiebreaker in play after nominating Paul and Victor for eviction on Friday for crying out loud.

It really should be discussed considering that the round-trip ticket was never cashed in. That extra week obviously has to be made up somewhere.

TheYanger

It's the one way to ensure their target leaves versus who Nicorey want gone. That said, it'll prove problematic to pull off if either Corey or Paul win veto.

Then you go Vic/nicole, it's all completely safe for them in terms of determining who leaves. I think ideally they'd put up Corey or someone with the veto to disarm paul all week and then dump paul. Either way, point is that Nat/James REALLY have the power if they do something like that this week and as much as they both have been trying to appeal paul, they've recognized internally that he's the biggest threat too.

Paul won veto , sounds like right now they might want to strike at Victor. If Victor really is voted out and wins the battle back I'll laugh my ass off.

UberTag

Paul won veto , sounds like right now they might want to strike at Victor. If Victor really is voted out and wins the battle back I'll laugh my ass off.
James has the deciding vote and he isn't changing his mind. You can lock up this week's outcome as a done deal. Would love to see Victor manage to find a way to return from eviction a second time.

But truthfully, I'm in an "anybody but Paulie" mindset.

And this being BB18 means... Paulie's coming back and running shit with Paul and Nicorey the rest of the way.

Natalie and James want Victor out.
Michelle, Paul, and Victor want Corey out.
Nicole and James are voting to keep Corey.
Michelle might put up James, and if she does, it could actually result in him leaving. She is being pushed by Natalie to put up Victor, but Michelle has kinda be getting close with him lately, and I'm not convinced that she wants him out yet. Even though he's a huge threat. James being evicted would be an easy return for Paulie, but Victor will put up a hell of a fight. Therefor, I'm hoping Michelle will just give in and nominate Victor.

Jims

So disappointed that Natalie and James felt the need to let Nicole & Corey back in the game. It felt like this was the obvious week to close out that alliance, while simultaneously trying to woo the singleton (probably Nicole?) who would be left over. With three pairs left, it feels like the week you don't want HOH.

Surely they would have to realize that Nicole and Corey are just going to pick up Paul after this betrayal, right? Those two will have all the leverage.

What a mess. If this snowballs against Natalie and James next week, they deserve it.

BTM

Natalie and James want Victor out.
Michelle, Paul, and Victor want Corey out.
Nicole and James are voting to keep Corey.
Michelle might put up James, and if she does, it could actually result in him leaving. She is being pushed by Natalie to put up Victor, but Michelle has kinda be getting close with him lately, and I'm not convinced that she wants him out yet. Even though he's a huge threat. James being evicted would be an easy return for Paulie, but Victor will put up a hell of a fight. Therefor, I'm hoping Michelle will just give in and nominate Victor.

Isn't Victor already nommed? She'd have to replace Paul with either James/Corey/Nicole.

Isn't Victor already nommed? She'd have to replace Paul with either James/Corey/Nicole.
Oh yeah, my bad. I meant that I hope she just goes with the inital plan and nominates Corey. That way the votes will be against Victor.

I really need to get some sleep, lmao.

kirblar

So disappointed that Natalie and James felt the need to let Nicole & Corey back in the game. It felt like this was the obvious week to close out that alliance, while simultaneously trying to woo the singleton (probably Nicole?) who would be left over. With three pairs left, it feels like the week you don't want HOH.

Surely they would have to realize that Nicole and Corey are just going to pick up Paul after this betrayal, right? Those two will have all the leverage.

What a mess. If this snowballs against Natalie and James next week, they deserve it.
Production on BB deliberately casts people who are easy to manipulate.

"Oh, the DR wants me to do X, I'll just do it......"

I actually enjoyed Bronte's voice. Plus, her personality trumps Nicole's. (Not that that's a huge achievement or anything.)

Please...Guys, I'm not actually an uneducated early childhood educator. I'm an unemployed mathematician and I'm going to save the world with prime numbers.

The Nicole hate is so annoying. I'm pretty sure every woman in the house this season except maybe Bridgette has been accused of bullying and most of the people still in the game have tried to play both sides and lied multiple times. Yet all I ever here is how much of a snake and rat Nicole is.

UberTag

Please...Guys, I'm not actually an uneducated early childhood educator. I'm an unemployed mathematician and I'm going to save the world with prime numbers.

The Nicole hate is so annoying. I'm pretty sure every woman in the house this season except maybe Bridgette has been accused of bullying and most of the people still in the game have tried to play both sides and lied multiple times. Yet all I ever here is how much of a snake and rat Nicole is.
You clearly don't understand why people have an issue with Nicole over everyone else and it has very little to do about playing both sides and lying. That stuff is fine. Hell, it's expected in the Big Brother game. That's NOT the reason she gets grief... let me assure you.

It's fine that you don't understand, though. And if you're only watching her edit on the show, you would be justifiably confused as to why poor Nicole gets stigmatised the way she does. The show actually does a pretty good job of pretending that Nicole is actually playing Big Brother just like everyone else. But that couldn't be further from the truth.

Velcro Fly

It's so cute when she says phrases like "my game" and "keep myself safe this week" when really she clings tenaciously to Corey and does nothing else.

I mean she put up a pawn week 1 knowing full well there was a house full of people out to get her immediately.

llehuty

Honestly, the 4 veterans have been quite bad at playing the game (ones playing too hard, and other barely playing), with the only one with a real chance at winning the game being James, but he will throw it in a hearbeat for Natalie.

Being a veteran, they should've been above everyone else in the game, to cover the target they have when they enter the house... these people on the other hand...

In any case, if anyone is at fault, is casting.

TheYanger

I heard Nicole and Corey boinked? Can anyone confirm or deny?

It wasn't anything crazy, but it was pretty clear watching it that they were doing some dirt down there.

EDIT: I'm talking about a few days ago, guess it was more obvious tonight? idk. Once the seal is broken people tend to try less hard to be discrete.

It wasn't anything crazy, but it was pretty clear watching it that they were doing some dirt down there.

EDIT: I'm talking about a few days ago, guess it was more obvious tonight? idk. Once the seal is broken people tend to try less hard to be discrete.
How could Corey cheat on Paulie like that? I have no respect for Nicorey now. Thanks for deets.

UberTag

Corey just said it's funny to give homeless people expired gift cards.

What the hell, dude. Not funny at all...
He also finds it funny when live goats are lit on fire.
Dude has a warped sense of humor... but don't tell Nicole because she thinks he's PERFECT.

DietRob

So apparently the showmances of James/Nat and Corey/Nicole have pledged to give each other 10k if any of them end up winning BB18. I think this is fucked up and CBS should do something about it. If any of them make it to the end then they automatically have at least 3 votes because they are paying 10k for them.

I haven't been able to watch the live feeds for about a week now but I read about this on a summary somebody linked on twitter. About mid-way through the first clip James/Nicole talk about sending each other money.

Check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/4z1ebc/clips_of_the_full_prize_splitting_scandal/

edit - oh and based of that first clip we know that each of the vets got paid 50k to be on the show on top of whatever the stipend is.

TheYanger

So apparently the showmances of James/Nat and Corey/Nicole have pledged to give each other 10k if any of them end up winning BB18. I think this is fucked up and CBS should do something about it. If any of them make it to the end then they automatically have at least 3 votes because they are paying 10k for them.

I haven't been able to watch the live feeds for about a week now but I read about this on a summary somebody linked on twitter. About mid-way through the first clip James/Nicole talk about sending each other money.

Check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/4z1ebc/clips_of_the_full_prize_splitting_scandal/

edit - oh and based of that first clip we know that each of the vets got paid 50k to be on the show on top of whatever the stipend is.

They already got penalized and had to tell everyone that they had discussed it, it's even in the post you linked.

kirblar

This happened back in BB all-stars w/ Mike/Boogie.

DietRob

They already got penalized and had to tell everyone that they had discussed it, it's even in the post you linked.

That's not a penalization. All they had to say is "I won't buy anyone anything." completely out of context. I know CBS doesn't care but I wish they would.

UberTag

That's not a penalization. All they had to say is "I won't buy anyone anything." completely out of context. I know CBS doesn't care but I wish they would.
For all intents and purposes this bribe deal still stands... Production was just upset with them being so callous and transparent about it. They're still getting support and influence from the folks in the DR to make it to the end and they all know they're getting a little extra something for their votes once the game is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom