• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
For all intents and purposes this bribe deal still stands... Production was just upset with them being so callous and transparent about it. They're still getting support and influence from the folks in the DR to make it to the end and they all know they're getting a little extra something for their votes once the game is done.

Yep, the 'penalization' was/is so weak. I'm sure it's been a part of every season but these morons were dumb enough to get caught / production too slow to give us the fishes. Nobody cares about the game much though. The casual audience doesn't give a shit and just want to watch a more intense version of "The Bachelor". It's a trashy summertime TV show so nobody is going to raise any sort of stink about it.

I want there to be a season where nobody knows anything about the game. Casting already recruits at least half of the house from people that don't even know the show exists. It would be cool for them to fill the entire house with people like that. It would probably make the show feel fresh again because we would have a group of houseguests that would truly never know what to expect.

edit - also per the contract they sign to be on big brother : "I am aware that it is a federal offense punishable by fine and/or imprisonment for me or anyone to do anything that would rig or in any way influence the outcome of the Series with intent to deceive the viewing public (including, without limitation, colluding to share any prizes, stipends or other monies)."

So technically they have been caught in breach of contract / breaking the law so a more serious penalty than "Sorry James I can't give you a gift." is completely warranted.

whole contract can be seen at reality blurred it's at the bottom of the page - http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2011/07/big-brother-cast-contract/

UberTag

Does James have it in him to vote out Victor?
Why wouldn't he vote out the guy his showmance finds more attractive than him?
(Still hoping Victor manages to find a way back into the game for a 3rd time to make history. But I've resigned myself to a Paulie reunion with Corey and Nicole.)

Why wouldn't he vote out the guy his showmance finds more attractive than him?
(Still hoping Victor manages to find a way back into the game for a 3rd time to make history. But I've resigned myself to a Paulie reunion with Corey and Nicole.)

The intimidation factor. I don't see James putting his foot down and voting him out, He's probably going to vote on whatever Natalie says

E: Uber, last two days we seen some great shooting. Paul and the Miz

UberTag

The intimidation factor. I don't see James putting his foot down and voting him out, He's probably going to vote on whatever Natalie says

E: Uber, last two days we seen some great shooting. Paul and the Miz
At least Paul's shooting might lead somewhere.

DietRob

Paul/Vic might have just pulled off the most incredible 'fake fight' game move I've ever seen. We'll find out tonight.

UberTag

Paul/Vic might have just pulled off the most incredible 'fake fight' game move I've ever seen. We'll find out tonight.
Doubt it works but I'll give 'em props for even trying it. Love how tenacious those two are. Unfortunately they're up against a Production crew that wants a nice boring show filled with undeserving showmances bribing each other for votes.

DietRob

Doubt it works but I'll give 'em props for even trying it. Love how tenacious those two are. Unfortunately they're up against a Production crew that wants a nice boring show filled with undeserving showmances bribing each other for votes.

idk if there's one thing production loves as much as showmances it's house flips and blind sides. they have a 'dan's funeral' level play here.

Lol last night Natalie & Meech talking strategy. Talking scenarios of who gets eliminated and who should go next. This at that. Lol good stuff

lenovox1

idk if there's one thing production loves as much as showmances it's house flips and blind sides. they have a 'dan's funeral' level play here.

Like any other reality show, they have storyboards and production schedules. They'd prefer predictability among the houseguests and measured twists over the opposite due to the nature of the way the show is filmed. At least that seems to be Grodner's preferred method of getting things done.

But it's not as if they haven't had to change the edit midway through before.

If Paul can pull this off to get Corey sent home, he deserves to win frankly. It's genius.

However I've not watched the feeds in a few days so it could just be good editing as usual.

DietRob

If Paul can pull this off to get Corey sent home, he deserves to win frankly. It's genius.

However I've not watched the feeds in a few days so it could just be good editing as usual.

nah, like i posted earlier it's a calculated move. about an hour before the feeds cut they staged a huge fight.

Paulie deserves all these lashings, and it's so satisfying to watch him receive 'em.

Look at that smug face, dude is salty af.

Not surprised that Victor was evicted. Props to Paul for trying to save him, but what James had going with that F4 showmance deal was too strong.

Victor will be a bigger threat in an endurance comp than Corey though, so that'll make it a lot tougher for Paulie to return. Also, it would be awesome seeing Victor make history by entering the house for a third time in one season.

DietRob

james honoring his pregame deal with nicole is not surprising. i genuinely don't like the guy so i was hoping he would fall for it.

Of course you take out the Comp Beast. Corey and Nicole combined arent close to matching up to Vic.

Getting to the final without having to lift a finger is pretty damned impressive. That's basically what Corey and Nicole have done so far. Much better than being put on the block every other week and having to fight your way back.

Edit: oh and GO VIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom