• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

nick776

Forza Horizon will do impressive ass numbers on the PlayStation platform.
I thought it was mighty curious that Forza Horizon 5 is going to be featured at this year's Gamescom. If it is true that the game is coming to PS5, it makes total sense. I could NOT be happier and would relish the ability to play with Dualsense. Imagine how damned good it would be with PS5 Pro enhancements in a couple of months???!!!

solidus12

Is this what you call coping?

2w5Roje.jpeg

pasterpl

Reddit posts keep mentioning killer instinct, but I think Forza horizon would be the most beneficial for both sides.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Cant be Forza right. Fh4 came out in 2018 and being delisted in 24. Thats a 6 year lifespan. Fh5 is out for the last 3 years, ms really gonna put a game on playstation with a 3 year shelf life.

Ooof, I hate how this math feels. Certain games now are born with a limited lifespan.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It would be cool if it was Forza Horizon, game is great, although not sure how much of a minefield all the car licensing deals are - wonder if that is why there is no GT7 to PC yet (ever?).
But last time someone hinted at a 'big' game it was Pentiment so I wouldn't count your chickens.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Forza Horizon 5 makes too much sense. and is years old so sticks with what they've done with the others.

It works and makes too much sense. Would literally make millions on playstation and gets more xbox gaas on ps.

Its gonna be.something else.

Nydius

Microsoft are going for the Solar Crown jugular if it ends up being Forza Horizon.

It would be a gut shot for Ubisoft’s The Crew, also. The Crew (and especially the most recent Motorsport) felt like a cheap knock off of Forza Horizon already. If it has to compete with FH on every platform, they may as well pack it in.

StueyDuck

Watch it be like state of delay 2 or something 🤣

"Big one"

Forza horizon as others are saying would be genius play, most the ps only guys I know say that they wish they had an xbox just to play forza. But this is MS so I'm not expecting them to do the genius thing

Last edited:

salva

I reckon it'll be a Gears "master chief" style collection shadow drop on Xbox and PS

Or Forza 5

Or Starfield. But according to most people, no one wants to play it

DJ12

wow damn, lmao.

Amyway, how does that make no sense? It's a huge game that has a huge fanbase. It makes more sense than something like Starfield that flopped everywhere.
Look it's not that, obvs fake and now gone.

But I don't know why the other guy thinks it doesn't make sense.

Nothing makes more sense as horizon is a game Sony doesn't have their own product filling that space, ps5 just has the crew motorfest. (I actually enjoyed it more than I did fh5 personally - the grinding for upgrades stopped me playing the crew though.)

The thirst is real for arcade open world racers.

Halo would be great for the lols but doubt it will sell that well, certainly not any new ones.

You look at MSs current games, and there's absolutely nothing that would sell better than FH.

Fess

Starfield is the most logical guess. 1 year passed. DLC coming out.
Microsoft is delusional and think it’ll be a success but it’ll bomb and piss of Xbox fans like every other port and will only speed up the death of the platform.
So yeah it’ll happen.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Starfield it is then.

Not surprised, but would have preferred Halo MCC. Oh well.

If the rumors are true that Microsoft is working on a Halo CE remake, then no, I'm pretty doubtful that they'll port Halo MCC.

It could be a port of Gears of War to entice people for Gears of War: E-Day, but I'm not sure how much sense that actually makes.

In order of likelihood, I'd say it's Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, and then Starfield.

If they were going for smaller games maybe you could add Flight Simulator or Age of Empire. They're largely running out of games to port that have value in porting them.

You have some deep cuts like Ori, but that would probably require going back to Moon Studios and patching things up a bit. I'd expect all the old games to be ported over within the next 2-3 years.

Mownoc

Wait, what? I haven't seen anything claiming that.
MS only paid for 3 months timed exclusivity for Stalker 2. There is a small chance the deal has been expanded since then but it's a timed exclusive not a full one. It will very likely launch on PS5 at some point in 2025.

Last edited:
MS only paid for 3 months timed exclusivity for Stalker 2. There is a small chance the deal has been expanded since then but it's a timed exclusive not a full one. It will very likely launch on PS5 at some point in 2025.

They don't need anymore considering it's on Gamepass as well that must have cost a decent amount, plus it's not really fair for PS owners to wait anyway.

Xtib81

Top Bottom