• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

yurinka

lol at the port begging from sony fanboys here, shines light at the lack of games ps5 has this gen.
Lack of games in PS? Lol!

In addition to the big 3rd party multiplatform games (including MS ones), in the first half of 2024 got TLOU 2 Remaster, Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy Relink, MLB, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Destiny TFS, ZZZ, etc. and for the rest of the year there's Concord, Astro Bot, Lego Horizon, Until Dawn remake, Silent Hill 2, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, etc.

There's a ton of games of many types to choose from, and this is just from this year. There's obviously many great games more.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Lol at the last few diehard Xbox fans that are trying to convince themselves Sony are 'port begging' games that are 'so good' they didn't even convince Xbox fans to buy them.
Sea of thieves sold quite decent on PlayStation

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Lack of games in PS? Lol!

In addition to the big 3rd party multiplatform games, in the first half of 2024 got TLOU 2 Remaster, Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy Relink, MLB, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Destiny TFS, ZZZ, etc. and for the rest of the year there's Concord, Astro Bot, Lego Horizon, Until Dawn remake, Silent Hill 2, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, etc.
Are you arguing with him or is that list meant to agree with him? (outside of Astrobot maybe)

James Franco GIF

;)

yurinka

Are you arguing with him or is that list meant to agree with him? (outside of Astrobot maybe)

James Franco GIF

;)
Nah, I was just highlighting how wrong the gaming flatearthers who say that PS haz no gamez (or that only count one, like Astro) are. They have a lot of games to approach many different player types.

You not liking them doesn't mean they don't exist. In the same way that it doesn't mean they are bad, doesn't mean other people won't like them or that they aren't successful.

It just means you don't like these games (I assume most of which were made for other type of players, not for players like you) or that company.

Last edited:

DosGamer

So do we know what game it is? Is it Flight Simulator, Forza or Halo or Starfield?
I am really wanting flight simulator to make the jump. Then I can sell my Xbox.

pasterpl

So do we know what game it is? Is it Flight Simulator, Forza or Halo or Starfield?
I am really wanting flight simulator to make the jump. Then I can sell my Xbox.
It is Wednesday already and apart from Indiana Jones we have not heard anything else. So maybe that “coming” was referring to announcement of Indiana Jones on PS5.

Duchess

Isn't the Forza 5 thing just some extra content, etc? Mind, they'd probably subtitle it if that were the case?

Fess

He is breaking 100% and wont take the stress much longer

He will be praising the PS5 Pro very soon and look forward to playing Indiana Jones there, book it
Is that breaking? Then I’m breaking too. What he’s saying is the truth. Having no exclusives while having a platform or service is dumb. The only way it can work is if you’re already the defacto standard, like Steam, and Xbox isn’t that.

And if they want to be a true multi platform publisher then they need go act like one. Stop doing delays. Just do day 1 everywhere on everything. All other scenarios is just hurting sales. Late releases when the hype is gone is never a good idea.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Is that breaking? Then I’m breaking too. What he’s saying is the truth. Having no exclusives while having a platform or service is dumb. The only way it can work is if you’re already the defacto standard, like Steam, and Xbox isn’t that.

And if they want to be a true multi platform publisher then they need go act like one. Stop doing delays. Just do day 1 everywhere on everything. All other scenarios is just hurting sales. Late releases when the hype is gone is never a good idea.
I agree they should just rip the band aid off if they truly are going full multi plat publisher though I don't think they are

Thing is I kind of get the feeling they are winging it and don't really a set roadmap

I guess so but I don't even know how many people are really interested in Indiana Jones in this day and age

Plus, and it pains me to say this as being 57 years old and having seen all the Indy movies, the game looks mid at best
I think the same thing about that Indiana Jones game. Cog is out there trying to say he see's it as GOTY material, I think he's lost his mind. He also loved HB2 though so I don't take his opinions very seriously when it comes to games.

I do see it as a big game coming from Xbox. I think the most telling thing to me about how drastic things have become is that we know MS went out of there way to make this exclusive and now they've decided to reverse that decision.

Everyone wants them to rip the band aid off but it's in their best interest to keep doing it the way they are. First off I don't even think they have the resources to just suddenly switch to day and date for everything or to even really heavily start porting the back catalogue. So they might as well just sort of play this game they are playing because it's clear that a certain subsection of the community still believes they will have exclusives. Best to leave people with some hope and not further damage the hardware right purchases right now. Do a slow roll into full 3rd part publisher and then you can slowly pull in that 3rd party money while you also slowly lose people in your ecosystem.

DragonNCM

In addition to the big 3rd party multiplatform games (including MS ones), in the first half of 2024 got TLOU 2 Remaster, Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy Relink, MLB, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Destiny TFS, ZZZ, etc. and for the rest of the year there's Concord, Astro Bot, Lego Horizon, Until Dawn remake, Silent Hill 2, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, etc.

There's a ton of games of many types to choose from, and this is just from this year. There's obviously many great games more.
Very strong first party line up.......I must admit....... almost spectacular

Cool? Not sure why the number comparison is upsetting you. I'm sorry Concord sucks.
Lol, upsetting who? And no shit it sucks. It's woke garbage.

I just don't get the comparison, like it even means anything. They both suck. They both flopped. Concord isn't the end of Sony. And Redfall wasn't the savior of Xbox.

Mortisfacio

Lol, upsetting who? And no shit it sucks. It's woke garbage.

I just don't get the comparison, like it even means anything. They both suck. They both flopped. Concord isn't the end of Sony. And Redfall wasn't the savior of Xbox.

My initial comment was simply that for as much hate as Redfall got for being a flop, Concord has proven to be worse. Based on Steam numbers, that's objectively true for PC player count where we can measure such success.

Your response was to blur the lines. A defensive act. I'm more just laughing at the need for you to defend Concord.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No idea but does it matter which ”side” we’re on? I have no idea if you live in the US or Bangladesh or Japan or South Africa or Norway. And I’m okay with that. I’m here to talk about games. You can live on the moon and be 13 or 100 years old for all I care, as long as you talk about games we can have a meaningful conversation.

And developers need to wake up and realize that we all just want to be entertained, we’re not sitting here waiting to be lectured or listen to propaganda and real life politics. It’s a big planet, it’s absurd to think people from all over the world can have, and want to have, the same views on real life topics.

Let games be games. Escapism. I really have zero interest in following a lesbian couple having a child or whatever they turned TLOU into. Just stop. I want some crazy shit in games. Ori, Mario Wonder, Elden Ring, Black Myth, Stellar Blade, Returnal, Ikaruga. The further away from reality they go the better it is.

I was 100% with you until the TLOU lesbian part. Dude........they exist in the world. It's okay if they are in games too.

Sunset Overdrive

The IP is owned by Insomniac, but Microsoft had rights to sequels, ports, and re-releases.
Since Microsoft no longer cares about keeping games exclusive to Xbox, this would be an easy port to Playstation.
This is commonly misunderstood. Insomniac did in fact retain the IP right to Sunset Overdrive. When PlayStation acquired Insomniac, that made it a PlayStation IP along with the rest of their independent catalogue.

The deal they struck with Microsoft was for console exclusivity at time the original was made. If they released a remaster under a “remastered title”, this would allow them to circumvent the exclusivity deal and permit them to publish on PlayStation. They previously have released a PC port on Steam.

The main reason they aren’t likely to release a port of the game is due to the fact is was both not a great financial success and that they are busy developing Marvel’s Wolverine right now.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Random Concord/Redfall comparison. 😬

In any event, NateTheHate was spot on and it appears that Jez is struggling with the current order of things!

Last edited:
Top Bottom