• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

nemiroff

Gold Member
Idk, but my take is that it might be Forza Horizon

I'm personally hoping for Flight Simulator. I'm an enthusiast (who will receive his $400+ (w/accessories) in rudder pedals in the mail tomorrow (lol)) and wish the franchise to be as successful and sustainable as possible.

But Forza Horizon would also be great. It's an exceptional game and deserves as big an audience as possible.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If the rumors are true that Microsoft is working on a Halo CE remake, then no, I'm pretty doubtful that they'll port Halo MCC.

Why not both? MCC also includes Halo 2-4, plus Reach.

Porting over MCC would be a great way to build up some hype for a Halo CE remake.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Why not both? MCC also includes Halo 2-4, plus Reach.

Porting over MCC would be a great way to build up some hype for a Halo CE remake.

Why reduce the number of people willing to pay 70 dollars for a full remake by making a collection of games available for the same price or cheaper?

DJ12

At this point they just need to announce something that Xbox fans consider sacred so these threads stop being an event.

Everyone outside the rabid Xbox fanbase knows everything is going multiplatform as that's what Satya had said, but while there's no halo, forza or gears announced for playstation the usual suspects will still keep these threads livelier than they need to be.

ManaByte

Gold Member
but while there's no halo, forza or gears announced for playstation the usual suspects will still keep these threads livelier than they need to be.

FH5 is coming because there's no real competition for it on PS5 and it'll do well.

FM probably won't come because it'll directly compete against GT7.

Mownoc

FH5 is coming because there's no real competition for it on PS5 and it'll do well.

FM probably won't come because it'll directly compete against GT7.
Also doesn't help that FM bombed. I wouldn't expect another Forza Motorsport game for a while. Horizon is just vastly more successful.

jm89

He could have just shortened his article to this instead of all the waffle.

Forza Horizon 5 likely isn't the game being announced next week, although that's not to suggest Forza Horizon 5 won't ever be ported. It would make absolutely insane money on PlayStation, no doubt, and I'm sure Microsoft has Forza Horizon 5 as a candidate for the port treatment.

If we're talking about next week, though ... and if I had to guess (and it really is a pure guess, not a tease) I could see something older like Killer Instinct, State of Decay 2, or Halo: Master Chief Collection making their way across sooner rather than later. I'm sure these games have done pretty much everything they can do in terms of users and sales on Xbox and PC, much like Sea of Thieves and Grounded before them. Perhaps it could even be Hellblade 2, given the franchise's history on PlayStation. There's also a chance it could be related to Indiana Jones and the Great Circle by Machine Games, which so far has only been announced for Xbox and PC. Microsoft doesn't own the Indiana Jones IP naturally, and Disney might be keen to let PlayStation users know when to expect a version for their preferred platform.

In any case, all we have is speculation right now. I'll be sure to update you if my investigations bear fruit.

Ooof, I hate how this math feels. Certain games now are born with a limited lifespan.
Yeah reading more it seems FH5 is actually really coming. Ms could just pay more to renew the licences and keep the game on sale at least till the end of this gen. I suspect they already have because who is gonna make a new FH game anytime soon since Playground is too busy getting Fable right.

Darsxx82

. I suspect they already have because who is gonna make a new FH game anytime soon since Playground is too busy getting Fable right.

Playground is 2 separate Studios in different buildings (now there are even 3 Studios), one for Fable (supported by EIDOS Montreal) and another for the Forza series.

That is, before the development of Fable, what could affect the development and launch of FH6 would be the port of FH5 itself to PS5 if it were being done by the Forza Studio itself and not by a third-party outsourced Studio.

IDKFA

Why reduce the number of people willing to pay 70 dollars for a full remake by making a collection of games available for the same price or cheaper?

Depends on how much of a remake Halo CE will be. The one on the MCC is just a remaster. Same game with a lick of paint.

The remake could be a lot different and justify the full price tag. Also, as previously stated, MCC comes with more games than just Halo CE.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Depends on how much of a remake Halo CE will be. The one on the MCC is just a remaster. Same game with a lick of paint.

The remake could be a lot different and justify the full price tag. Also, as previously stated, MCC comes with more games than just Halo CE.

I like how your response totally ignored what I said.

Everyone just ignores the fact that Microsoft's biggest game is already on PlayStation, so why are people so upset or concerned that other Microsoft owned games might go to PS5?

Playground is 2 separate Studios in different buildings (now there are even 3 Studios), one for Fable (supported by EIDOS Montreal) and another for the Forza series.

That is, before the development of Fable, what could affect the development and launch of FH6 would be the port of FH5 itself to PS5 if it were being done by the Forza Studio itself and not by a third-party outsourced Studio.

Ahh yeah didnt know that Playground had two teams.

IDKFA

I like how your response totally ignored what I said.

Apologies. I didn't think I did?

What I'm saying is neither should impact the other.

The MCC is a collection of classic games. No remakes. Some are slightly remastered.

A hypothetical CE remake could be very different to the version found in the MCC. So different that it would justify the £70 price point and be different enough for people to pick it up who already own the MCC.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you.

Mownoc

MCC on Playstation would be a good move imo. That gets the xbox folks used to the fact that pretty much everything is getting released everywhere from now on.

And it would sell pretty good imo.
MCC doesn't make sense to me purely because they ended support for the title recently. I think they're done with MCC. If Halo was coming to PS5 soon it'd be Halo Infinite, the game they are still supporting with new content and monetising.

clarky

Gold Member
MCC doesn't make sense to me purely because they ended support for the title recently. I think they're done with MCC. If Halo was coming to PS5 soon it'd be Halo Infinite, the game they are still supporting with new content and monetising.
Its a complete game(s), doesn't need to be a live service, see Pentiment and Hifi Rush.

Like i said everything will come eventually. Infinites MP also makes sense though, just like every other title lol.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Forza Horizon 5 is my guess. Not for me, but it’ll move some copies on PlayStation.
Initially I thought that would make sense. But when we stop to think about the licensing time constraints that pushed the likes of Horizon 3 and 4 into early retirement. I think we're too late into 5's life. 6 though, now that'll be interesting. Maybe day 1.

I reckon it'll be Starfield. But I wish it were Gears or Halo MCC.

If they really utilize the DualSense, I may pick it up when it’s cheap even though I’m not a big car guy. The only racing I do is GT7 in VR with wheel/pedal. It’s an overall arcade experience, not really just a driving game to me.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm interested to see how Microsoft handles this.

Are they attempting the Sony direction with PC, where older games come to the platform to create marketing around a sequel or such.

Or is it closer to day one games! So far its been older games with at least a year in between. So, this could be interesting.

zapper

warren says it's not forza horizon 5, so the only possible candidates are halo, starfield and hellblade?

nial

I actually think everything with a Xbox Series SKU will be ported over, with some exceptions like Redfall or Psychonauts 2 (which is already on PS4).

John Wick

WHy are people saying Forza 5? I can't think of a game that makes less sense than that one?
It makes the most sense. It's been out for ages and I don't think there is anyone left to buy it on Xbox anymore.
They could then also release Forza Horizon 4 as well. Extra money lol.
Then pull a Sony and Remake the first two for all platforms.

zapper

I'd have thought its too soon for Hellblade. Even if you forget any release strategy, then there is the time to port it too.
I think so too. The most likely one seems to me to be Starfield excluding FH5, in September it will be the first anniversary and an announcement at Gamescom is plausible

SJRB

Gold Member
There's just no way it is Hellblade, come on now. Makes zero sense. Why would you port a game that reviewed like shit and sold like shit? Nobody is asking for that.

The cost of porting that shit will be way more than it will ever sell, and the game already is a huge monetary black hole.

Last edited:

kaizenkko

My guess is: is Forza and something more. The last time Microsoft announced 4 games, maybe this time we get others 4.

Forza Horizon 5
Starfield
Hellblade 2
Indiana Jones

It's irrelevant keep any title "exclusive" for Xbox at this point, and I'm sure they need to get some money after the Activision deal.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
No clue honestly just my guess but seems logical with the timing and DLC coming

I think if it's something next week, I'd say HBII. I feel like something like Starfield needs a bit of promo time.

I'm also seeing people saying Forza. Do you really think this is a 'big' game that would cause this much commotion to be released on Playstation? Pressing X for doubt.

Last edited:

Mownoc

Not Forza? Then it has to be Starfield or Halo, unless they're announcing Indiana Jones isn't exclusive lol.

Elios83

Probably Starfield, it makes sense to try to have some kind of relaunch moment with the expansion/DLC and expanding the userbase will increase the buzz around the game.
The problem is that the game sucks so imo it will be pointless.

Mownoc

I'm also seeing people saying Forza. Do you really think this is a 'big' game that would cause this much commotion to be released on Playstation? Pressing X for doubt.
Forza Horizon 5 is arguably the most successful game they've released in the past 5 years and it's a franchise very closely associated with Xbox, you know the console everyone used to say was just a Halo/Gears/Forza machine. Yes it's big. But no it's not Forza.

Last edited:
Top Bottom