• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

My uncle found this in a folder on an MS server while playing Xcloud.

ExtmbjD.jpeg

They spelled master cheeks wrong.

RedC

Nah if anything they'd just do Rare Replay which had that. I'd be ok with that too. Rare Replay and every game including GBTG are damn amazing games.
TBH I'd take Rare Replay over any other game they have.
Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle preventing Rare Replay from being ported to other platforms, particularly PC, is all the 360 releases being emulated on Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles.

So, not only would Rare Replay have to be ported, but each individual Xbox 360 release would be, too, and Xbox likely doesn't see the overall cost being worth it.

I read this off the corner of my eye and at first thought we were getting a new Shinobi game. I was sadly disappointed.
Did we ever get a 3d Sega Shinobi game, or hell a 2.5d metroidvania game would be cool too.
So many ips so many lost opportunities.

As for xbox game, what xbox games. Only one I can think of is StarField this gen, but maybe they are they are talking something older?

Watch it be, "here take Redfall!' , lol

Last edited:

Skelterz

Nobody mentioned Flight Sim yet, it’s a big IP maybe not commercially but it’s a deep cut and would probably make sense going multi-plat.

Personally a gears collection or some of those Mistwalker JRPG’s they have lying around gathering dust would do well on PS like lost odyssey and blue dragon.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Initially I thought that would make sense. But when we stop to think about the licensing time constraints that pushed the likes of Horizon 3 and 4 into early retirement. I think we're too late into 5's life. 6 though, now that'll be interesting. Maybe day 1.

I reckon it'll be Starfield. But I wish it were Gears or Halo MCC.
MCC would be my top choice personally as well. Hope it happens.

Varteras

Even if no one had claimed it's not FH5, I already wondered if future licensing issues make it a bad candidate for porting. FH4 is 6 years old and already facing being delisted this year because of it. So at this point you might only have 3 years of FH5 on PS5 before that happens. Perhaps a better idea would be just to wait for FH6 and release that on PS5 immediately or just a year later at most.

I have little doubt that future Xbox games all being released on PS is inevitable. I just don't think that rubicon is being crossed just yet nor will it be every Xbox game that ever existed. Forza, Gears, and Halo are the Xbox trifecta. If one of them goes, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin. At that point, you can be assured it's only a matter of time for the other two. I just don't think the timing is quite right. Not only for the reasons of Forza Horizon 5 licensing, no new Forza Motorsport for some time (if ever again), and Halo supposedly getting a full on remake which might make them shy away from an MCC port.

It's also because Xbox does have new hardware coming soon and they still want people to stay invested in current hardware for the next few years at least. Announcing any of those three franchises might completely kneecap them before their new hardware even had a chance to sell. So, for now, I'd say the likely candidate is Starfield. It's only a year old, it clearly has a long-term content plan, and it sold well.

This, of course, assumes it's only one game, a big one, and already released. Among games already released this gen, it's the biggest one not called Forza or Halo. I'd argue it's the only one you could call "big" outside of those two.

Varteras

I hope that Blade game comes to Playstation when it releases, not sure if it's multiplatform.

Likely multiplat. We're well over half a year after the announcement of that game without fully confirmed platforms last I checked. The fact that they refused to clarify and then we started seeing Xbox games going to PlayStation tells me it's almost certainly a multiplatform title on Day 1. Just like Doom is.

Starting to dislike these so called "leakers" - they rarely say what something is just elude to it such as "oh something big" - anyone can say that!

When it boils down to it its just saying a lot of bs and if you guess correctly? Well done people think you are a leaker. If you guess wrong just say how plans changed. Was not at the show for whatever reason. Win win.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Based on timescale expect something built on an existing multi-platform engine, so like Hellblade 2.

Astray

Last edited:

begotten

Sounds like another wave of releases given these moron leakers are all over the place like last time.

There's a new KI coming, and KI will need PS if it wants to have a playerbase, and of course be at something like EVO lol. So I can see the current one and new one.

Flight Sim also? Hellblade 2 to get some $ back?

I don't think it'll be anything crazy.

So, the game is coming out next week, or it's being announced as coming to PS next week? Can't really think of anything huge that would be shadow-dropped in that manner.

Nothing would be worse than hellblade 2. No point ever porting that pile of shit over. It's gonna be starfield.

Last edited:
Top Bottom