• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

I mean, are we really considering Starfield "big"?

Forza has, I'm assuming, been eliminated. So what constitutes "big" here? Starfield seems to be fairly lukewarm by and large, but I know a lot of PlayStation owners, prior to it's release and reception, wanted to play it..but does it really count as big now? After the overall reception?

Halo? Gears?

Indiana Jones?

Hellblade is definitely NOT big, even if I won't be surprised if it is ported in an effort to generate *some* revenue.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
FH is about to turn 3 years old and has 40 million players, I don't think it's a big issue if it gets a port now, personally.
Just a year ago, you were bullish on how every Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard game is now going to be exclusive to Xbox forever.

Now "it's not a big issue" even when Forza Horizon, an XGS game through and through, is coming to PlayStation. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just a year ago, you were bullish on how every Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard game is now going to be exclusive to Xbox forever.

Now "it's not a big issue" even when Forza Horizon, an XGS game through and through, is coming to PlayStation. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Helping our PS only brethren get a taste of the best arcade racing game of the generation and getting more revenue for the Xbox brand.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
And yet we have multiple threads for multiple games that might come with lots of thirsty bitches.
No, if people wanted to play these games so badly, they'd have bought an Xbox or just paid $1 to subscribe to Game Pass and play these games via xCloud.

Don't overestimate the pull and impact of these Xbox games because they aren't any.

There are multiple threads for multiple games because that's what Xbox has brought its brand down to. They wanted to "win this console generation" and "outspend Sony" and now they are bringing their own games to PlayStation in a bid to survive for a little longer.

This is the utmost irony and a colossal brand failure.

No, if people wanted to play these games so badly, they'd have bought an Xbox or just paid $1 to subscribe to Game Pass and play these games via xCloud.

Don't overestimate the pull and impact of these Xbox games because they aren't any.

There are multiple threads for multiple games because that's what Xbox has brought its brand down to. They wanted to "win this console generation" and "outspend Sony" and now they are bringing their own games to PlayStation in a bid to survive for a little longer.

This is the utmost irony and a colossal brand failure.
Sure Jan

1oxN9sR.png

S0ULZB0URNE

Want Gears games and want them done right.
Even though I think part of this will happen eventually...

I think it's going to be Starfield and Forza so a double announcement.

I mean, are we really considering Starfield "big"?

Forza has, I'm assuming, been eliminated. So what constitutes "big" here? Starfield seems to be fairly lukewarm by and large, but I know a lot of PlayStation owners, prior to it's release and reception, wanted to play it..but does it really count as big now? After the overall reception?

Halo? Gears?

Indiana Jones?

Hellblade is definitely NOT big, even if I won't be surprised if it is ported in an effort to generate *some* revenue.

Disregarding the reception it is the first new ip by the makers of Skyrim and its not on playstation.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You Xbox fans are really overrating Xbox' library.

And, You Sony guys are always downplaying Xbox games then they come to the Playstation platform and sell millions to the PS owners who arent warring on forums. Probably, sell to the ones that are warring as well. It's funny to see all the hostility and then Xbox games become the number 1 selling games on PS.

It's cute.

Killjoy-NL

And, You Sony guys are always downplaying Xbox games then they come to the Playstation platform and sell millions to the PS owners who arent warring on forums. Probably, sell to the ones that are warring as well. It's funny to see all the hostility and then Xbox games become the number 1 selling games on PS.

It's cute.
Meanwhile, you're forgetting that millions of PS owners are former Xbox owners, so obviously there is a demographic for their games.

There is no hostility though, just a discussion about mediocre 3rd party games.

T-0800

It's cute.
Which game went to No1? Sea of Thieves has done well (I bought it) but what other game has sold well?

Mownoc

FH5 would drive console sales for sure!
Why would a 4 year old game drive console sales? If people didn't buy an Xbox or PC to play it in the first 4 years why would it coming to PS5 suddenly make them drop $500 on a new console?

It will do well on PS5 with existing users jumping in but saying it will make people drop money on new hardware is crazy. It's a 4 year old game already available on multiple other platforms.

Exclusives sell hardware, massive third party launches sell hardware, late ports of old games do not sell hardware.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member

It's cute.
“Can’t we all just get along”?

I guess that facade has fallen again. 😜

nemiroff

Gold Member
Lol its going to be Halo? That being in the showcase could literally kill a few posters from here
If a handful of fools (no matter the side) are upset about games becoming accessible to a wider audience, then I say good f'in riddance. Exclusivity is not a consumer-friendly concept, so its decline is a welcome change.

Last edited:
Do you not understand the difference between 'waiting for a game' and 'making fun of fanboys who were enjoying when Bethesda games briefly went exclusive'?

Case in point: Still hasn't bought Hi-Fi Rush on PS5. Haven't bought Hi-Fi Rush since its launch, which I could have day one on Steam.
As somebody who bought HiFi Rush on Steam, you are not missing annything, unless you are a big fan of Sega type games. Of all the games discussed, FH5 is old AF and will face licensing issues sooner than later. Flight Simulator will sell as well as Pentiment did on PS5. HB2 is such a failure that inspite of being on sale right now on Steam, there hasn't been an appreciable bump in player numbers. It will do well on PS5 if they release it at 20$, otherwise they might as well burn the port money for all the good it will do to their bottom line.

The only port I can see being successful is Starfield if released as GoTY edition for 70$.

Top Bottom