• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Lying Crystal Ball GIF by goodfortunesonly

I too like to partake in the smoking of the crack pipe!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
As somebody who bought HiFi Rush on Steam, you are not missing annything, unless you are a big fan of Sega type games. Of all the games discussed, FH5 is old AF and will face licensing issues sooner than later. Flight Simulator will sell as well as Pentiment did on PS5. HB2 is such a failure that inspite of being on sale right now on Steam, there hasn't been an appreciable bump in player numbers. It will do well on PS5 if they release it at 20$, otherwise they might as well burn the port money for all the good it will do to their bottom line.

The only port I can see being successful is Starfield if released as GoTY edition for 70$.
Exactly.

Hi-Fi Rush went into my Steam Wishlist nearly 16 months ago. It's currently on sale as well. But I don't think the game is worth $10. I may buy it if it ever goes to sale for $2, but that's about it.

fzOjxpn.jpeg

By that point, though, it will have been given away on PS Plus.

The only XGS games that were ever worth full price were Ori 1 and Ori 2.

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

You know. I've seen this whole shit about they say xbox sucks but they want their games shit. I can't speak for everyone but fuck I said on a former offshoot at the beginning of this gen I'm sick and tired of buying multiple consoles every gen. I honestly just wanna play games. So I've been for consoles being more like light pcs for years now. Give me God of Wars, Spider-Mans, Halo's, Gears of Wars, Twisted Metals, Mario's etc all on a console together. Hell I'd spend up to 500 bucks every 5 or so years just for all that.

I know I know. I'm the minority cause everyone has to champion their companies they support. Not me. These assholes ultimately don't give two shits about us. They just want our money.

Exactly.

Hi-Fi Rush went into my Steam Wishlist nearly 16 months ago. It's currently on sale as well. But I don't think the game is worth $10. I may buy it if it ever goes to sale for $2, but that's about it.

fzOjxpn.jpeg

Hellblade 2's price on steam is absolutely ridiculous. Nobody is about to drop 4399 Indian Rupees on a glorified walking simulator. Even the discounted price of 3519 INR is too high. I can pre-order Space marine 2 for 2799 INR, why will I purchase this PoS 'game'? It should have released at 20$ and discounted to 10$. Why they let a team of 120 people in an expensive city like Cambridge work on this turd for 5-6 years is a blooming mystery. Also, in what universe is NT worth 120 M$, when a 2 studio company like Insomniac cost only around 200 M$? I do not know why the shareholders do not rake Satya and Phil over the coals and demand concrete profit statements about the Xbox division. The Xbox division is run by a bunch of degenerate gamblers that seem to have zero knowledge of game dev.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Exactly.

fzOjxpn.jpeg

😳…don’t even know if this is serious

leo-j

Starfield, halo infinite (to grow the user base, sea of thieves is a success on ps based on chart numbers from Sony), maybe forza horizon series to compete with GT on the another console. But I really expect starfield to be the next game just because it would do numbers on PS.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
You know. I've seen this whole shit about they say xbox sucks but they want their games shit. I can't speak for everyone but fuck I said on a former offshoot at the beginning of this gen I'm sick and tired of buying multiple consoles every gen. I honestly just wanna play games. So I've been for consoles being more like light pcs for years now. Give me God of Wars, Spider-Mans, Halo's, Gears of Wars, Twisted Metals, Mario's etc all on a console together. Hell I'd spend up to 500 bucks every 5 or so years just for all that.

I know I know. I'm the minority cause everyone has to champion their companies they support. Not me. These assholes ultimately don't give two shits about us. They just want our money.
Get a PC then - this new narrative "everyone should play all the games!" and "exclusives don't matter" is just a coping mechanism and bullshit PR started by you know whom since every other plan they had failed and now they're trying to put the usual bullshit spin to it...

There's a reason why Nintendo consoles sell a fuckload - same with Sony, the only "competitor" that doesn't it's because of very specific reasons - I suppose exclusives matter until they don't (for some)
case in point :
image.png
]

Last edited:
It was big enough to drive Microsoft to spend 8 billion on Zenimax in order to prevent it from going timed exclusive to the competition.
Do you really believe that the entire reason for the Zenimax acquisition was predicated on Starfield?

Nah. Guaranteed a lot more went into it and behind it than that. Certainly BGS future output in general was a big get for them, but even at the time during the approval process and even before, they'd already left the door open to not necessarily make everything an automatic Xbox/PC exclusive. Not including games that already had existing agreements.

Last edited:

Astray

Do you really believe that the entire reason for the Zenimax acquisition was predicated on Starfield?

Nah. Guaranteed a lot more went into it and behind it than that. Certainly BGS future output in general was a big get for them, but even at the time during the approval process and even before, they'd already left the door open to not necessarily make everything an automatic Xbox/PC exclusive. Not including games that already had existing agreements.
That is one reason that's confirmed.

Maybe there's more, but it's hard to decouple the overall strategy they had since 2020ish from the outcome that Starfield had (decent initial sales on PC, nonexistent impact on Xbox's fortunes). If Starfield moved units back then we wouldn't even be in this thread.

From his FTC testimony:

Fess

Everyone wants to play games from the biggest and best publisher, it's understandable.

Star Wars Force GIF by Xbox
”Jump in” ?
More like Jump Out.

For real, help me understand their plan.
Who would benefit from ”jumping in” at this point?

I used to main Xbox, now I’m on PC, 100% because of the normalized ports. No regrets. And this is going to happen among console-only gamers now, Jump Out from Xbox and Jump In to Playstation.

Also, once Xbox is truly dead the Gamepass numbers will drop, because Sony won’t allow Gamepass on Playstation and PC gamers rather use Steam.

And they’ll lose a 30% cut from both first party and third party games.

Make it make sense.

That is one reason that's confirmed.

Maybe there's more, but it's hard to decouple the overall strategy they had since 2020ish from the outcome that Starfield had (decent initial sales on PC, nonexistent impact on Xbox's fortunes). If Starfield moved units back then we wouldn't even be in this thread.

From his FTC testimony:
Starfield was a reason to get Bethesda.

It wasn’t expected to move units. Its a GAAS title that will peak like Fallout 76.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
I just don't think that rubicon is being crossed just yet nor will it be every Xbox game that ever existed.
Rubicon was crossed when they released day and date on PC. That was the warning.

Very simple, console manufacturers: Actual Exclusive Games is the only thing you really have to legitimize your platform.

Fess

70% of a lot of sales is better than 100% of hardly any.
The sales numbers won’t increase in a meaningful way with the delays. FH5 came out in 2021. Are they going sell it for $60? $50?
We know this won’t work out well from everybody doing timed exclusivity on multiplats. It only add negativity to the talks and remove potential customers from the equation, then the excitement is gone when the timed exclusivity goes away and at best people wait for discounts. It doesn’t work.

All that will happen here is them getting pocket money while losing games that has made the ecosystem seem somewhat relevant.

And if they’re going for a hardware agnostic digital ecosystem platform instead they need to drop the Steam versions and make games exclusive to an account and launcher. Which they’ve already tried and we know from those still doing it that it don’t work, everybody comes back to Steam eventually.

I guess Gamepass is their real platform now. But it’s honestly a major anchor for the excitement around a release no matter where they try to sell a game. It’ll lower sales on platforms even where Gamepass don’t exist. I’m supposed to pay $60 for this thing that this other guy gets for free on a subscription they got dirt cheap?

So what’s their plan here? Short term gain, longterm destruction?

Varteras

Rubicon was crossed when they released day and date on PC. That was the warning.

Very simple, console manufacturers: Actual Exclusive Games is the only thing you really have to legitimize your platform.

I'm referring to certain consumer perspectives. There are still a lot of people out there who don't really grasp what is happening. Many don't keep up with this stuff the way we do. But, the moment you see Forza, Halo, or Gears, to a lesser extent, on PlayStation, that's the moment the more casual Xbox fans and the super hardcore holdouts finally get the message. I don't think Xbox is ready to do that yet. I think they still want a few more years to launch new hardware first. Hook people into the eco a while longer.

I don't disagree with your assessment as it pertains to most folks like us.

Mownoc

Jez Corden has updated his article to now say there is a "large chance" rather than just "a chance" that Indiana Jones is the game.

Whether that's worth paying attention to is another matter.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Jez Corden has updated his article to now say there is a "large chance" rather than just "a chance" that Indiana Jones is the game.

We know Indiana Jones is on PS5 but isn't the announcement on an already released game?

Three

A lot of Xbox users seem to be pissed about these news, they are threatening to go PC or PS.

Dark and convulsed times at Xbox.
A lot of the more corporate aligned xbox influencers are onboard with the ports and are trying to calm them down. That's after spamming "just buy an xbox" pics of "exclusive" games trying to make it a meme prior. I guess it was the last marketing push before realising xbox console sales just aren't working.

Astray

A lot of the more corporate aligned xbox influencers are onboard with the ports and are trying to calm them down. That's after spamming "just buy an xbox" pics of "exclusive" games trying to make it a meme prior. I guess it was the last marketing push before realising xbox console sales just aren't working.
We really need to discuss the extremely online advertising of Xbox.

Never seen a brand so determined to only market itself to its weirdest consumers.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Highly unlikely, if I have to guess.

It'd be a PR disaster if they revealed the game as an Xbox/PC exclusive, only to announce it's also coming to PS5 a few months before its release. It'd be extremely hilarious though, so I'm all for it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

laynelane

Do you not understand the difference between 'waiting for a game' and 'making fun of fanboys who were enjoying when Bethesda games briefly went exclusive'?

Case in point: Still hasn't bought Hi-Fi Rush on PS5. Haven't bought Hi-Fi Rush since its launch, which I could have day one on Steam.

I remember when some people were hoping their little hearts out that CoD would be exclusive to Xbox. So many "you don't spend $79 billion to put your games on the competition's platform". I also have no doubt that Phil's original plan was for more than just Zenimax's titles too. That attitude is exactly why it's so satisfying seeing games now being released on Nintendo and Sony platforms.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

If Jez said it, it's probably not true.

It would be hilarious if it turns out that Spencer bought Xbox exclusivity of an original multiplatform Indiana Jones just to release it multiplatform. Disney must think that Xbox executives are the dumbest fuckers in town. Disney will still cash the cheque.

Borowski_1

Highly unlikely, if I have to guess.

It'd be a PR disaster if they revealed the game as an Xbox/PC exclusive, only to announce it's also coming to PS5 a few months before its release. It'd be extremely hilarious though, so I'm all for it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Makes a lot more sense than Flight Sim, Halo, Killer Instinct, etc

Indiana Jones is the type of game that the Playstation audience likes

My bet is Starfield or Indiana Jones

Fess

the moment you see Forza, Halo, or Gears, to a lesser extent, on PlayStation, that's the moment the more casual Xbox fans and the super hardcore holdouts finally get the message. I don't think Xbox is ready to do that yet. I think they still want a few more years to launch new hardware first. Hook people into the eco a while longer.
There won’t be an ecosystem to hook into in a few years. All their games are on Steam and people already know that’s where the best versions are, plus mods, and nobody likes the Microsoft Store launcher. And the games that gets ported to Playstation will run better on PS5 Pro than Xbox Series X from this year forward. If all they have is timed exclusive inferior versions for console-only gamers then things will go south fast.

I expected Indiana Jones to come over, just not confirmed that quickly.

But Disney wants their money, and locking into a system with Game Pass having made it where customers just don't buy anything anymore and currently abysmal console sales probably caused them to say "Nah, it's gotta go over."

Still wouldn't be surprised if it's Starfield, but I'm guessing they're waiting til after the DLC to do that one.

Top Bottom