• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

CoLaN

The multiplayer is addicting. After you unlocks the first new plasmids it really starts to be fun... You can make some crazy tricks and as an ex-quake players i'm liking that :lol

For example, using the geyser power to launch the enemy in the air and then shooting with the granade launcher

Before I go to pick up my copy I was just wondering, for anyone that's already gotten the special edition in the US is it sealed? With actual shrinkwrap, and not the crappy stickers like some recent limited editions? Need to be able to make sure it hasn't been gutted.

I think there's a spoiler a few posts up (on page 16, on 50/page view), something some reviews have apparently given away. I almost read it but somehow looked away just before. Is that really a spoiler or am I just paranoid? I've been avoiding reviews for a reason.

Dax01 said:
That should answer your question just fine.

Wow, from the way the box slides out of the slipcase looks like they didn't even bother with the circle stickers. That's disappointing. Hope mine isn't damaged or covered in GameStop stickers when I go to pick it up. :/ Please shrinkwrap your games people! Slipcases and all.

neoism

So is this game actually unlocking in 4 hour so says Steam... I haven't read a post in the thread, I just want to know from anyone that has played it... I'm only buying it for the single player... is it a disappointment??? The first one actually made me buy a 360, I looved it. I have an awesome PC now so I'm getting on the system now.. Also most important ? can I use my 360 PC pad with this!!!

Firestorm

Great. My internet is going at 100 KB/s instead of 1.5 MB/s like it usually does. Great day to act up -_-

Oh well, let's see if I can iron out this draft for class before the game comes out.

LyR said:
And some Reviews are spoiling that
Sofia Lamp is the sister that Delta is searching for
... but believe me ... it's not really a spoiler ... just play the game and you'll see why

Regardless, to some those are spoilers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Had no idea the release date was bumped up. Sweet! Pity I'll have to spend over half a day downloading the game. :/

Snapshot King said:
And those people are CRAZY.

Not really, I don't know what
delta
is but I now have a good idea. That's a little extreme example as I'm sure you find out quickly but for someone trying to avoid info it has an effect. Not saying the dude is a piece of shit by any means.

I'm confused, is that bit of information (which I only sort of half-understood and am not going to re-read) something revealed during the game's first 5 minutes or after? If the latter it's a fucking spoiler as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing I needed or wanted to know about the game was that it's a sequel to Bioshock by one of the same creative directors as the first one. The only media I watched were the trailers. I'm obviously not the only one who decided to get the game on that basis.

faceless007 said:
I'm confused, is that bit of information (which I only sort of half-understood and am not going to re-read) something revealed during the game's first 5 minutes or after? If the latter it's a fucking spoiler as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing I needed or wanted to know about the game was that it's a sequel to Bioshock by one of the same creative directors as the first one. The only media I watched were the trailers. I'm obviously not the only one who decided to get the game on that basis.

LESS than 5 minutes in.

edgefusion

That information isn't even correct is it? If it means what I think it means then yeah it's basically the first thing that's told to you in the game. You'd probably conclude it from the intro sequence alone.

Red

Firestorm said:
Great. My internet is going at 100 KB/s instead of 1.5 MB/s like it usually does. Great day to act up -_-

Oh well, let's see if I can iron out this draft for class before the game comes out.
11w575s.jpg

Luckily mine is going about twice its usual speed :lol

:(

Press Release Source: 2K Games On Tuesday February 9, 2010, 12:01 am

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2K Games announced today that BioShock®2, the highly anticipated sequel to the 2007 Game of the Year, is now available worldwide for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows-LIVE. Building upon the original game that shipped more than three million units worldwide, BioShock 2 delivers a single and multiplayer video game experience that is both an artistic achievement in entertainment and a highly addictive first-person shooter.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2K-Games-Announces-BioShock2-bw-843896507.html?x=0&.v=1

Steam said:
Available: February 9th, 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 3 hours

>:-(

neoism

Damn shame ... no 360 pad support, what a stupid decision!:((( Well I was looking forward to playing this tomorrow, but I'll have to wait til its cheap on xbox.....:(

JdFoX187

Banned
neoism said:
Damn shame ... no 360 pad support, what a stupid decision!:((( Well I was looking forward to playing this tomorrow, but I'll have to wait til its cheap on xbox.....:(
A GFWL game without 360 pad support? Surprising. I thought it was mandatory.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT THE FUCK NO PRELOAD

FAKE EDIT: OIMG 2 HOURS TYO GO

Firestorm

Wait, never mind. It's slower than it should be but I think it was Megaupload that was being crappy. Still bullshit as I'm paying for a 15 megabit connection -.-

"Rapture loses some of the spark and magic" my fucking asshole

also just one man's opinion but so far I'm finding the actual storyline at least ten times more intriguing than the first game's story. just how well it's handled has yet to be determined and I'm not ready to say it will be as brilliant, but currently I'm way more hooked on this story than I was this far into the original.

we'll see, but right now it's kicking ass.

Rhindle

Anyone else order from Amazon? They only just got around to shipping, and it doesn't get here until the 10th.

Amazon Prime has been constant fail lately.

naib

LOL! My upload blows.

Too bad I have to get up in <6 hours to catch a plane. I'm afraid I won't get my hands on it until Thurs.

Have fun folks!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rhindle said:
Anyone else order from Amazon? They only just got around to shipping, and it doesn't get here until the 10th.

Amazon Prime has been constant fail lately.

Yea I ordered using prime free release date delivery and it's set to be delivered later today for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rez said:

regional Australia: fuck yeah

Why hello there fellow 1.5Mbit'er!

710711188.png

Here in WA, iiNet's southern end of their ADSL2+ coverage stops in Rockingham... which is a ten minute drive away. :( What a kick in the nuts.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
JaseC said:
Why hello there fellow 1.5Mbit'er!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/710711188.png[/ig]

Here in WA, iiNet's southern end of their ADSL2+ coverage stops in Rockingham... which is a ten minute drive away. :( What a kick in the nuts.[/QUOTE]
yeah, I basically have to drive down the road (like, two minutes) and I hit ADSL2+ area. frustrating. :lol

Truant

360 version here, played for a little over one hour.

Pretty much as I expected. It starts off all wrong. They throw characters at you and they're all like 'HEY CARE ABOUT THIS CHARACTER!!! WE'RE DOING THIS DIFFERENT THAN BS1'. Things don't get properly introduced. I feel like I missed one or two hours of an introduction that isn't there.

Some of the voice acting is terrible, and I like Male Shepard. Ryan doesn't feel like Ryan.

I'm very early, though. Maybe things will change. I've gotten over the whole 'it's nok going to be like the first'.

Truant

LyR said:
I'v got my PC copy earlier and already played through it

The game has really this Addon feeling (or straight to DVD as Gametrailers said)

Since the first footage was shown you kinda knew it can't be as good as the first, even though the first had it's atmosphere issues but the second is way worse ... I don't know if it's only me but Rapture seemed so destroyed at the end of Bioshock 1 it's hard to believe that it's so full of life 10 years later I know it's fiction but even this goes beyond belief

So I never got into the right mood, rapture looked to new to me ...

And some Reviews are spoiling that Sofia Lamp is the sister that Delta is searching for ... but believe me ... it's not really a spoiler ... just play the game and you'll see why

Afterall it's still a very good game and is a gamer not entitled to the enjoyment of his games?

No, says the man at Activision.
It belongs to the casuals.

No, says the man at Atlus.
It belongs to the Weeaboos.

No, says the man at Valve.
It is still being worked upon.

I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... 2K.

Dude. Spoiler tag that shit :(

FrostuTheNinja said:
Well, it went down to an hour.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggh...
I guess Valve is doing midnight West Coast time since that is where Valve is located.

C'mon . . . you could've done East Coast time . . . Take-Two is based in New York.

Top Bottom