• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

Firestorm said:
Aaand Steam is down.

valveHQ.gif

Firestorm said:
Aaand Steam is down.
Came here to post this.

weird because that is almost the exact sentence too. Probably with a few more 'a's in "Aaaaaaand Steam melts down."

Fuckers for not putting up a pre-load at least a couple days in advance.

Firestorm

I hope nobody on my list has it set to show a notification whenever I sign on.
Otherwise they're gonna be really pissed off.

Before I post impressions just want to say like everyone else that I adored Bioshock.

3 hours into Bioshock 2 and I'm loving it too. Yes, the textures are bad up close and it isn't as good as a shooter as most top-tier FPS's. BUT, the gameplay mechanics have been refined, the art direction is even more impressive, the story is on point so far (the devs truly KNOW that the best part of BS1 was the audio logs - there is talking ALWAYS during the game) and the music remains great. Can't wait to fire it up again tomorrow. Oh and pro-tip: turn off the fucking helmet.

FrostuTheNinja said:
Since some of you know of this happening before, at what time did the titles get released?

Left 4 Dead 2 demo was an hour late, then got delayed a full day. Then it was 3 hours late, then another 3, then another day. About an hour for the full version too.

Dragon Age took about an hour or so to actually unlock once it was supposed to, if I remember right.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
on the flip-side, Mass Effect 2 was pretty much available right away (in Australia, anyway)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
and steam is back, countdown isn't, pre-purchase still only option.

lame.

Rez said:
on the flip-side, Mass Effect 2 was pretty much available right away (in Australia, anyway)

Yeah, I was gonna say, that's the only other game I remember waiting to grab online when it was first unlocked. Most other games I'd just wait until the next day but I wanted to start the download tonight, so I could play it when I get home tomorrow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rez said:
and steam is back, countdown isn't, pre-purchase still only option.

lame.

All I can think about right now is the reaction had this been Episode Three. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
well, I'll be back in an hour, maybe less

I assume it's been delayed.

Oreoleo

JaseC said:
All I can think about right now is the reaction had this been Episode Three. :lol

Been there done that. It's 2010 and Steam can't get its shit together for a 3rd party release. Try 2004 when Half-Life 2 was the first game to get released in this fashion on Steam. I don't know if you remember, but it wasn't pretty.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Truant said:
Playing a new game for the first time should only be done when well rested.
7:22pm, ready to go!

Red

Truant said:
I agree, which is why I'd like to download overnight and finish tomorrow afternoon instead of starting in the morning and finishing at 4 a.m. Wednesday.

Firestorm

Truant said:
It's 12 AM. I can get by on 6 hours of sleep. I've done 4. I have to get up at 8:30 for class so that means I have 'til 2:30. I should be playing now dammit >=[

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Orellio said:
Try 2004 when Half-Life 2 was the first game to get released in this fashion on Steam. I don't know if you remember, but it wasn't pretty.

I remember reading about it at the time. While I've had a Steam account since day dot, I didn't actually extend my games list beyond Half-Life + expansions and Counter-Strike until late 2006 ("Source Complete Pack", IIRC). :lol

Moatman

2.3MB/s at 5% right now, gogo FIOS! I was trolling the steam forums waiting, figured that was easier than constantly restarting steam every 30 seconds...

Oreoleo

Sinatar said:
You can you just have to alt tab out and resume the download.

What I meant is playing a game online would either make the download slow down or cause a world of lag in-game, neither of which are particular desirable so I'm just avoiding the situation entirely.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
JaseC said:
Any Aussies had success with AU-based content servers?
I had to restart Steam after getting the error, but yeah, it's going now.

But it's crawling.

Top Bottom