• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

MNC

While my steam version is downloading;

How's the multiplayer? Versatile? Does it integrate with steam with joining and servers and whatnot? Does it include matchmaking/serverbrowser?

Barakov

Good news is my copy has shipped. Bad news is that it's been delayed in Chicago because of the weather. Stupid snow.

Spydy

Banned
Straight away this game looks pretty poor when my PS3 is set to 1080p native. Switched to 720p, reloaded the game. Definitely looks better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is the actual download only around 6.6GB after all? I'm at 5% after having done a touch over 330MB.

Rickard

Here I have Dantes inferno and Bioshock 2.

Do I want to play DI first to get it out of the way, or just go straight for bioshock?

hednik4am

kid got sick last night and had to take them to the hospital. Meds killed my entertainment funds. Really stinks I wont get to play this for a while or even anytime soon. hope its good

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
burgerdog said:
Steam is telling me that it downloaded 7GB.

That's still 2.3GB less than I was expecting to download, which saves me a little over 4 hours. :lol

Hey! Multiplayer's pretty good fun! Seems like the field of view is different to the one in SP, though - everything feels a lot closer. Probably just me being insane.

EliCash

I'm a little annoyed that the collectors edition soundtrack doesn't include songs from the game, just the actual score soundtrack. I had to buy the music from and inspired by Bioshock 2 soundtrack off of Itunes -.-

Well I'm not really annoyed, the collectors edition is still worth the £59, and the other soundtrack is worth £8.

Yeah fucking awesome game so far.

Erebus

burgerdog said:
What a kick in the ass. I should have bought the ps3 or 360 version, no pad support was a terrible idea.
I thought GFW supported the 360 controller right out of the box.

Weenerz

Banned
Only played a lil bit last night, but it definitely feels like BioShock and that isn't a bad thing. I have found a few audio diaries of Andrew Ryan, I miss him from the first game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow it's out, just kicked off the download. it's going at 6.5 Mb/s so I should be able to play soon .woohoo!

Facism

whatevermort said:
Hey! Multiplayer's pretty good fun! Seems like the field of view is different to the one in SP, though - everything feels a lot closer. Probably just me being insane.

I think you're right? Go to your apartment in MP and notice the objective arrow? It's super close and doesn't fit on the screen completely.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Umm guys, Little Sister glitch?

OK. I just beat the first Big Daddy. Now it's time to adopt my first Little Sister. The guy's telling me to just crouch and let the Little Sister ride on my back.

Umm, I am crouching and nothing is happening. She's just standing there, and if I walk away she's starts crying again. Has anyone been able to adopt the Little Sister?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
quick impressions, 1 - 1,5h in :

I love this game, let me just get this out of the way : NO, waking up in rapture as the first big daddy isnt as cool as escaping the burning wreckage of a plane in the middle of the atlantic and finding rapture BUT :

it looks better, thanks to the artdirection. Rapture really looks like a city thats going to succumb to the ocean at any second. I love the colorscheme, textures could've been sharper

its twice as fun as the first one, and I'm barely more than an hour into the game

and I find the story to be quite engaging, I dont know what people are talking when they say they feel "you" have no purpose in the game, no goal/aim . The one that is given is more than enough incentive to keep going

<3<3<3<3<3 cant wait to play more of this, after reading people impressions on the game here I was somewhat worried that they might be "right" ( no right or wrong opinions ofc ) that the game wasnt really good. But I can gladly say that those fears have been put to rest.

This is bioshock two, that is the next iteration of bioshock one :p so if youre still on the fence and you enjoyed the first one this is a must buy thus far

Facism

isamu said:
Umm guys, Little Sister glitch?

OK. I just beat the first Big Daddy. Now it's time to adopt my first Little Sister. The guy's telling me to just crouch and let the Little Sister ride on my back.

Umm, I am crouching and nothing is happening. She's just standing there, and if I walk away she's starts crying again. Has anyone been able to adopt the Little Sister?

I pressed F and that worked. Or whatever the 'Use' button is

my only beef with the game right now is that I cant turn AA on with a ati card and steam version since steam doesn't allow you to rename the exe, for some reason the pc version is more pixaleted than the console versions.

Opening me Special Edition now. Damn, if it isn't nice. It's definitely up there for one of the best Limited/Special Editions ever.

Truant said:
Dayum, my avatar was 15kb, 90 wide and 120 high, but it still got banned? Fuck :(
That's just wrong. Contact a mod and get that fixed.

CozMick said:
One complaint, no host migration, but apart from that great job 2k Marin :D
The credit goes to Digital Extremes. :p

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Is there a reason (besides my thick skull) I can't find a way to download my Steam pre-purchase yet? Perhaps they're getting swamped, but I don't see an install button or anything...I've never pre-ordered on Steam before so I don't know if there's some special link somewhere that I'm missing.

Len Dontree said:
Is there a reason (besides my thick skull) I can't find a way to download my Steam pre-purchase yet? Perhaps they're getting swamped, but I don't see an install button or anything...I've never pre-ordered on Steam before so I don't know if there's some special link somewhere that I'm missing.
restart steam and then it should be in your game list

Mine didn't come today. :( Was quite looking forward to spending a few hours in Rapture.

Maybe tomorrow. I wasn't desperate enough to get first class postage.

burgerdog

-PXG- said:
GOD FUCKING DAMIT!!!!! FUCK YOU MS!!! Son of a bitch red ringed! Piece of shit.
:lol :lol Why does this always happen? I've seen it happen for every major release and day 1. Sorry, man, return the game and get the ps3 version?

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
GhostRidah said:
restart steam and then it should be in your game list

*slaps forehead* Thanks Ghost, that was it. I had closed and re-opened it a couple of times, but I hadn't actually restarted the client itself. Thanks!

-PXG-

Already having a shitty day, this made it worse. Now I got go BACK to GameStop and get the PS3 version. I fucking knew it should've gotten the PS3 version. I originally had it pre-ordered, but switched at the last minute. FUCK!

Coverly

burgerdog said:
Steam :lol I am stuck with it. It just feels so weird playing with kb/m since I played the first with a pad.

Have you tried using xpadder?
Haven't tried it out yet on Bioshock 2, but that program works great on most games. I'm using that for ME2 on the PC and it's perfect.

-PXG- said:
Okay....so after the first cutscene, the game keeps on crashing....WTF :/ Got the 360 version.
Really? I . . . uh . . .
-PXG- said:
GOD FUCKING DAMIT!!!!! FUCK YOU MS!!! Son of a bitch red ringed! Piece of shit.
D'oh!

That is really bad timing. Welp, package that xbox 360 up and send it off to Texas. Due to reduce volume of RRoDs and MS's improved skillz from having fixed thousands of xboxen, you'll probably get it back pretty quick.

Sorry to hear it.

Lince

Banned
any good tweak guide for the .ini files yet? I remember some nice tweaks for the original Bioshock, specially for forcing AA but can't seem to find them now.

Top Bottom