• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

-PXG-

Only keeping this piece of crap for Halo Reach, and MAYBE Crackdown 2. My next 360 will be my third. My first one died from E74....on my BIRTHDAY :mad: Xbox 720 or whatever the fuck BETTER be the best god damn piece of machinery ever made.

-PXG-

speculawyer said:
Will they take your return? If not, go to TRU and get it with a $10 gift card and a set of Bioshock toys.
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Oh, they WILL. I worked at that store for over a year. They're better let me exchange. My 360 is under warranty, so I'm good. But fuck man, MS should start making motherfuckin vacuums. Jesus.

Anyway, in the mean time, hope you guys are enjoying the game. I will join you shortly...later today.

Bah. PXG that sucks. You know, for every major release that comes out on the 360, there seems to be always at least one that red rings on the day that major release comes out.:lol

Installing the game now.

panda21

burgerdog said:
Steam :lol I am stuck with it. It just feels so weird playing with kb/m since I played the first with a pad.

can't you just use the free version of xpadder? takes a minute to set up but then you can save the profile and forget about it.

Arnie

whatevermort said:
On what system? It's working perfectly on 360, from my experiences.
360. I can find a game fine, it's just there was me and my two friends, both level 1 against a 36, a 40 and a 28. And in this game, the unlockable powers and weapons are so unblanaced it's ridiculous. They had weapons that would kill us twice as fast and they spammed the killer bee power which renders your enemy unvisable because the screen goes crazily blurred and you lose your hud. It is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the advanced tonics which game them an even further advantage over us. So stupid.

MNC

How many installs does this shitty SecuROM limit it? I installed it on my laptop knowing it will run shitty, so I'm planning to install it on probably 2 other PCs.

epmode

panda21 said:
can't you just use the free version of xpadder? takes a minute to set up but then you can save the profile and forget about it.
Don't bother! You can get xpadder performance without a controller! Just wear mittens while you play!

SmokyDave

savor100 said:
I can't wait to get off work and go back to Rapture :)
I have my copy sitting on my desk and another half an hour before I can leave, it's killing me!

-PXG- said:
GOD FUCKING DAMIT!!!!! FUCK YOU MS!!! Son of a bitch red ringed! Piece of shit.
This is why I always buy multiplats on PS3 (although I've had one of those YLoD too now, might need to start waiting for Wii ports!). Commiserations man, hopefully they'll return it ASAP.

SmokyDave said:
This is why I always buy multiplats on PS3 (although I've had one of those YLoD too now, might need to start waiting for Wii ports!). Commiserations man, hopefully they'll return it ASAP.

Eh, can't live your life (spend your money in this case) going on what if's, if the fucker is going to break it's going to break.

epmode

dark10x said:
There's nothing wrong with it.
How is there nothing wrong with it? Vertical information is lost in the transition from 4:3 to 16:10. This is the same thing that everyone was bitching about with Bioshock 1 (which was resolved with an eventual patch).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
epmode said:
How is there nothing wrong with it? Vertical information is lost in the transition from 4:3 to 16:10
The game wasn't MADE for 4:3. It was intended to be framed in 16:9 with the FOV you see.

It's an artistic decision. Of course, I hated the updated FOV patched into the original game and always stuck with the default.

epmode

dark10x said:
The game wasn't MADE for 4:3. It was intended to be framed in 16:9 with the FOV you see.

It's an artistic decision. Of course, I hated the updated FOV patched into the original game and always stuck with the default.
I used the wider FOV once the fix was released (even used a nice mod before the patch).

Regardless, the Bioshock 2 developers mentioned that each ratio would be bound by a 75 degree vertical FOV and that's obviously not happening here.

Mad_Ban

Question before I pick this up.

Does the PS3 version use the triggers for plasmids and firing weapons? If so, can they be remapped to L1 and R1?

dark10x

Maybe I'm crazy, but I went with the PS3 version. Here's hoping it will be good!

Regardless, the Bioshock 2 developers mentioned that each ratio would be bound by a 75 degree vertical FOV and that's obviously not happening here.
They should have given the user a choice just like Bioshock 1.

epmode

Arnie said:
360. I can find a game fine, it's just there was me and my two friends, both level 1 against a 36, a 40 and a 28. And in this game, the unlockable powers and weapons are so unblanaced it's ridiculous. They had weapons that would kill us twice as fast and they spammed the killer bee power which renders your enemy unvisable because the screen goes crazily blurred and you lose your hud. It is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the advanced tonics which game them an even further advantage over us. So stupid.
Hm. I've played 3 games so far and I've been matched up with people at rank 3, 4, and 5. Maybe a regional problem? But, yeah, that's BS.

On the topic of multiplayer, though, I've played three games and I've had a lot of fun in all three of them. The MP is much better than I thought it would be.

MNC

Fuck.

- Manual CD key activation of both single and multiplayer
- GFWL integrated into the game - I really expected Steam to take this over
- This is a silly complaint, but the default controls are mapped really odd :lol
- I can't adjust my resolution, it defaults to my max resolution and I can't change it.

This game's damn lucky it's Bioshock 2 :D

savor100

Arnie said:

Not good, they better fix this

epmode

MNC said:
Fuck.

- GFWL integrated into the game - I really expected Steam to take this over

This game's damn lucky it's Bioshock 2 :D
This is getting more annoying all the time. I like the fact that my achivements carry over into my Live profile but that's about the only upside. Patching through GFWL is officially the worst thing ever, especially when it bypasses the infinitely superior Steam method.

Muffdraul

I made this quick & dirty visual aid in an attempt to reboot my visual cortex and train my eyes to unsee Bomberman Daddy. Figured I'd post it in case anyone else is in the same boat.

4344161782_348bae86b9_o.jpg

So i preordered off amazon with release day delivery, and now its saying delayed and might not come till later. If it doesnt com today will amazon refund my money that i payed for release day delivery?

Bought the 360 version on my lunch break. Now I get to sit here and stare at it for the next five hours.......

Hell, by the time I get the ladies to bed, it'll probably be ten before I can fire it up. Sleepless night, here I come!

dark10x

-PXG- said:
Already, I can tell, this is game is going to be much darker and a lot scarier.
Hmm, that sounds promising.

I've found a few other posts suggesting this as well, which goes against what someone else posted earlier in this thread. Now I'm eager to see for myself.

fernoca

Got my copy, though I won't be playing it till I finish Mass Effect 2.

Dissapointed that I prerordered the game nearly a month ago, and didn't get a code...oh well, guess I'll have to wait till some pop in the "free give away" thread.. :lol

Sanic

So far, i'm enjoying this much more than Bioshock 1. Multiplayer seems interesting enough as well, though I've only played two matches.

EDIT: Anyone have a CE artbook they would be willing to part with? :D

bucknuticus said:
So i preordered off amazon with release day delivery, and now its saying delayed and might not come till later. If it doesnt com today will amazon refund my money that i payed for release day delivery?

YEs, they're really good about customer service and making sure their consumers are happy. Just don't go on the offense and be an asshole. Not sure where you live, but many places in the country are covered in snow right now, which I'm sure is causing many delivery delays.

Truant

Played for a bit more. I'm now at the level after
Ryan Amusements

A few things.

- Being a Big Daddy certainly doesn't make you feel overpowered. I died a lot more often in this game than the original.

- Big Sisters are creepy, even though it kinda sucks that there are several ones.

- Sophia Lamb isn't really a cool villain.

- Some of the voice acting is terrible, some is great. Also, there is a black person in Rapture!

- Plot isn't really any interesting so far, but I'm sure it will kick in soon.

- It feels a lot more like the original than I expected it to, after a few hours. Still, there is a certain something that's wrong. The levels aren't as fun to explore. They feel a little confusing.

- Every level looks like Fort Frolic, in terms of lighting and contrast. Great stuff.

Truant said:
Played for a bit more. I'm now at the level after
Ryan Amusements

A few things.

- Being a Big Daddy certainly doesn't make you feel overpowered. I died a lot more often in this game than the original.

- Big Sisters are creepy, even though it kinda sucks that there are several ones.

- Sophia Lamb isn't really a cool villain.

- Some of the voice acting is terrible, some is great. Also, there is a black person in Rapture!

- Plot isn't really any interesting so far, but I'm sure it will kick in soon.

- It feels a lot more like the original than I expected it to, after a few hours. Still, there is a certain something that's wrong. The levels aren't as fun to explore. They feel a little confusing.

- Every level looks like Fort Frolic, in terms of lighting and contrast. Great stuff.

Nice impressions.

You got dat avatar back son!!!

sam27368

Banned
dark10x said:
Collect-ability and friends.

All of my friends own PS3s and I actually use the trophies as comparison in addition to the potential for actually trying multiplayer. I don't really know anyone who games much on the 360 anymore. :\

The second reason would be library building. There is just something less appealing about collecting on the 360 as it seems like a dangerous system to rely on in the long term (failure wise). Plus, there is always a risk of getting one of those shitty recycled cases with the gaping holes in them on 360. I know, it's strange, but that's how I role. The original XBOX is one of the least desirable systems to collect and I kind of regret not buying more PS2 versions of games from that gen.

However, the experience is most important so a superior 360 port would have me selecting that version regardless.

I really really really don't want to start a PS3 vs 360 debate. I love them both and there are way to many debates on the interwebs. I do disagree though, I find library building on the 360 far more appealing for some reason.

Top Bottom