• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

Nemesis_

Dax01 said:
With a lot of people enjoying the game, I'm even more pleased to make this post.

5vxh4z.jpg

Everyone, we're going to have a little contest. Starting from now until Wednesday 12:00 midnight PST, you can enter for a chance to win a BioShock 2 prize. Simply make a post telling me you want to enter, and I'll mark you down. Winners will be chosen at random (I'll figure some process out) and will be notified through PM, and if they don't have a problem with it, will also be announced in the thread. Further details will be provided in the private messages. This isn't restricted to just the US and Canada - it's global.

Huge thanks to 2K Elizabeth. This wouldn't have been possible without her!

Prizes Include:
- 10 Winners: 10 assorted sizes of Splicer Unite canisters. These canisters include a BioShock 2 t-shirt, posters, and a RedBull shot.
- Eight Winners: Prints for two of each of the four artist series prints. Pictures of which can be found under "BioShock 2 Wallpapers" here. Each print is about 12x14 inches in size.

YES PLEASE. Enter me in. Thanks Dax. =)

-PXG-

I want to enter please.

I got to
Dionoasis
and just got the
grenade launcher
. The only (so far) I don't like is that you cannot revisit/ backtrack like you did in the first game.

Narag

I'd like to enter the contest as well.

Really enjoying this far more than I thought I would so far. New hacking shits all over the old style.

Burger

I'd like to be in to win!

Also, when I got my Bioshock 1 Collectors Ed my Big Daddy figurine came with a broken leg or some part. 2K promised to sort it out, but never did...

(I've never opened the packaging)

deduce

I'd like to enter the contest Dax. :D

I wasn't planning on getting this game till after I beat Darksiders, but I saw the ad from Toys R Us about getting the Big Sister / Little Sister set when you get the the game and caved. Thought it would go nicely with my Big Daddy I got with the PC CE so I picked up the 360 version this morning. It's too bad the Big Sister's arm fell off when I took it out of the packaging.

Damn, I don't know what happened but either the enemies got way tougher, my shooting skills have degraded, or both. I was never the best at FPS games, but I could still beat the first game on Medium without any problem. Now Medium feels more like Hard. I have full health one second, and then a few seconds later it is empty. Oddly enough I found the first fight against a Big Daddy to be easy compared to the rooms full of splicers. In the trailer they made it sound like groups of splicers would be a cake walk, and the main challenge would come from Daddies/Big Sister. I guess this is another case of "trailers always lie."

Also I find myself never using the drill. A lot of enemies I have encountered have used guns. A few bullets seems to be enough to kill me so I can't exactly run up and drill them. If enemies ever get close to me I generally just Bolt them. I miss the wrench from the first game. Now that was a melee weapon I actually used throughout the entire game.

Edit: I would like to enter the contest, Dax.

Firestorm

Dax01 said:
With a lot of people enjoying the game, I'm even more pleased to make this post.

http://i47.tinypic.com/5vxh4z.jpg
Everyone, we're going to have a little contest. Starting from now until Wednesday 12:00 midnight PST, you can enter for a chance to win a BioShock 2 prize. Simply make a post telling me you want to enter, and I'll mark you down. Winners will be chosen at random (I'll figure some process out) and will be notified through PM, and if they don't have a problem with it, will also be announced in the thread. Further details will be provided in the private messages. This isn't restricted to just the US and Canada - it's global.

Prizes Include:
- 10 Winners: 10 assorted sizes of Splicer Unite canisters. These canisters include a BioShock 2 t-shirt, posters, and a RedBull shot.
- Eight Winners: Prints for two of each of the four artist series prints. Pictures of which can be found under "BioShock 2 Wallpapers" here. Each print is about 12x14 inches in size.

entering.

kn1ves24

I'd like to be entered in the contest if possible.

Oh and I just started playing Bioshock 2, liking it so far. Trying to judge it on its own and not compare it to much with the first.

sgnhh

Neo Member
Anyone else having this issue? I recently downloaded the game on Steam, but when I go to launch either Bioshock 2 or its multiplayer, the Bioshock Securom Launcher runs for about 5 seconds then just stops without a window ever popping up (I can see the process running in my task manager window). I've tried restarting Steam to solve this issue with no luck.

Running Windows 7 64-bit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to enter, Dax. If international folk are allowed, that is.

3 hours until I can play. :)

stupei

I'd like to enter the context too please, Dax. Very awesome of 2K Elizabeth as well.

TV is over for the night, now back to Bioshock!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Neat contest, nice to see 2k in touch with their community. Would love to get in on that. Thanks Dax.

cnizzle06

Banned
Dax01 said:

5vxh4z.jpg

Prizes Include:

I would like to enter Dax! Thanks!

demolitio

I'd like to enter as well.

I wish I could change my resolution in multiplayer. I go to change it and it gives me a black screen and just goes right back to the previous setting. Even after altering the config files, it's still only 1360 x 768 (?) when it says 1680 x 1050 in the options.

Okay. Got everyone marked up until post 1331. I'll get the rest of ya tomorrow and everyone until tomorrow night PST.

DennisK4 said:
So Dax01, how are you finding the game so far? Is it what you hoped it would be?
I guess the way I've been splooging over the game since the beginning, the cat's now out of the bag: I'm a BioShock fanboy (though not as much as I am a DS9 fanboy :p). I want to call this game better than the first, but I'm trying to judge it fairly. I've only gotten a very little into
Ryan Amusements
, and the parts I've played so far I've really enjoyed. What I've played so far I've enjoyed more than, say, Medical Pavilion in BioShock. Audio logs seem to be the same level as the first game, and the audio, as I've said before, is fantastic. And the story seems good. Probably the most disappointing thing about the game so far, for me, is the graphics. The art direction mostly saves it, but not entirely.

Though, if I were a PC gamer, I'd be really pissed at how the PC version of BioShock 2 has been handled. GR.

Jeo said:
Game not required right? I'm broke right now and probably wont be able to buy the game until the end of the month.
As long as you plan on getting the game. :p

ChoklitReign said:
Wait, what? Andrew Ryan is still alive?
No.
It's when Ryan was still alive. Before Jack's time.

Obsessed said:
Also I find myself never using the drill. A lot of enemies I have encountered have used guns. A few bullets seems to be enough to kill me so I can't exactly run up and drill them. If enemies ever get close to me I generally just Bolt them. I miss the wrench from the first game. Now that was a melee weapon I actually used throughout the entire game.
Drill upgrade spoiler:

The third upgrade for the drill allows you to deflect bullets when it rotates.

jim-jam bongs said:
Unbelievable.
Please ignore what I'm about to say if you're being sarcastic, but, why are you being such a jackass? Honestly, I'd thought having some sort of prize giveaway for GAF was a really cool idea. I still think it is.

Here's how it went down:

Me: "Hey, Liz, if possible, can you get a hold of some cool BioShock 2 swag so I can do a contest for the GAF thread?"
*and because Liz is EXTREMELY amazing...*
Liz: "No problem!"
Me: "Sweet!"

I just want everyone to have as much fun as possible with BioShock 2. Seriously: You're like Scrooge and "BAHUMBUG!" with Christmas except it's with this thread. If you don't like it, LEAVE.

Top Bottom