• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

stupei

Unregistered007 said:
ya don't give anything free..fking greedy bas*****.

This is funny in a thread surrounded by comments of people signing up for a random lottery to get free stuff that was donated by 2K...

stupei

My question is going to get lost amongst entries. :lol

But am I wrong or do some people in the multiplayer have that
plasmid that lets you do the red mist disappear and reappear
thing? I didn't know anything about the perks in advance, but that's crazy if true. One guy in a match with me was level 10 and he seemed to be doing that. (Spoilered just in case!)

Oreoleo

Snapshot King said:
That's odd. Whats your rig? I ran 1 like butter but 2 chops down in the thirties often.

Likewise for me. I had to turn my res down from 1080 to 1600x900 to keep my framerate steady with everything maxed. Don't remember having to do that for BS1.

stupei said:
My question is going to get lost amongst entries. :lol

But am I wrong or do some people in the multiplayer have that
plasmid that lets you do the red mist disappear and reappear
thing? I didn't know anything about the perks in advance, but that's crazy if true. One guy in a match with me was level 10 and he seemed to be doing that. (Spoilered just in case!)

Yeah,
that is the Houdini Splicer plasmid. You can unlock it in MP

Bebpo

Banned
Orellio said:
Likewise for me. I had to turn my res down from 1080 to 1600x900 to keep my framerate steady with everything maxed. Don't remember having to do that for BS1.

I'm having the same experience as Narag with almost the same card. Bio1 was definitely not a smooth 60fps maxed at 1080p, Bio2 doesn't have a drop in sight at 1080p maxed.

i7, 3 gigs ram, 9800GTX+, Windows XP

Dax01 said:
Wednesday 12:00 midnight PST, you can enter for a chance to win a BioShock 2 prize. Simply make a post telling me you want to enter, and I'll mark you down. Winners will be chosen at random (I'll figure some process out) and will be notified through PM, and if they don't have a problem with it, will also be announced in the thread. Further details will be provided in the private messages. This isn't restricted to just the US and Canada - it's global.

I would love to enter!

Dax01 said:
Please ignore what I'm about to say if you're being sarcastic, but, why are you being such a jackass? Honestly, I'd thought having some sort of prize giveaway for GAF was a really cool idea. I still think it is.

Here's how it went down:

Me: "Hey, Liz, if possible, can you get a hold of some cool BioShock 2 swag so I can do a contest for the GAF thread?"
*and because Liz is EXTREMELY amazing...*
Liz: "No problem!"
Me: "Sweet!"

I just want everyone to have as much fun as possible with BioShock 2. Seriously: You're like Scrooge and "BAHUMBUG!" with Christmas except it's with this thread. If you don't like it, LEAVE.

Informative that those were the inferences you made from a single word post, old chap. I'm about to start playing the game so I'll be back to post my impressions once you're done with this promotion.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to enter the contest.

Also, Bioshock 2 is a difficult game. I'm not used to the weapons yet and the damn drill runs out of petrol all the time. Died a bunch at the start already with only the rivet gun and the drill. I'm standing there laying rivet traps then some splicers are right behind me and they kill you quick! especially when your guns are all out of ammo and you're so damn slow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
not to be snarky, I mean this in as inoffensive a way as possible, but it would be really sweet if everyone who's posting for this comp would actually post impressions when they play the game. we'd have so much more discussion.

for instance, here's my contribution after having played the first level: the rivet gun is a good gun.

evalue

Banned
Dax01 said:
With a lot of people enjoying the game, I'm even more pleased to make this post.

5vxh4z.jpg

Everyone, we're going to have a little contest. Starting from now until Wednesday 12:00 midnight PST, you can enter for a chance to win a BioShock 2 prize. Simply make a post telling me you want to enter, and I'll mark you down. Winners will be chosen at random (I'll figure some process out) and will be notified through PM, and if they don't have a problem with it, will also be announced in the thread. Further details will be provided in the private messages. This isn't restricted to just the US and Canada - it's global.

Huge thanks to 2K Elizabeth. This wouldn't have been possible without her!

Prizes Include:
- 10 Winners: 10 assorted sizes of Splicer Unite canisters. These canisters include a BioShock 2 t-shirt, posters, and a RedBull shot.
- Eight Winners: Prints for two of each of the four artist series prints. Pictures of which can be found under "BioShock 2 Wallpapers" here. Each print is about 12x14 inches in size.

please enter me. thank you

Rez said:
not to be snarky, I mean this in as inoffensive a way as possible, but it would be really sweet if everyone who's posting for this comp would actually post impressions when they play the game. we'd have so much more discussion.

for instance, here's my contribution after having played the first level: the rivet gun is a good gun.

I played basically all night with a half hour so of MP and I will easily admit this has kept me very entertained. I've had two weapon upgrade stations so far and I did both for the rivet gun, it is good yes.

I'm now at the point where the plasmids have really opened up and am having a hard time deciding on which to go with.

Gigglepoo said:
I finished the game a second time tonight. My advice:

Be evil

No problem there, I was the nice guy in Bioshock, doing the opposite for this.

Truant

Rez said:

Yeah, the rivet is my favorite. Upgraded that as far as I could, I think.

Almost never use the drill, seems kinda bugged. Sometimes it won't start even though I have fuel.

Truant said:
Yeah, the rivet is my favorite. Upgraded that as far as I could, I think.

Almost never use the drill, seems kinda bugged. Sometimes it won't start even though I have fuel.

I use the drill constantly, but barely ever spin it. I use it as I did the wrench in 1; hit them with a plasmid, dance in and thwack 'em on the bonce.

Oreoleo

Truant said:
Is the little sister icons bugged? I still see the 'Little Sisters in this level' icons even though I got both.

With the big daddy? The icon changes depending on whether you've retrieved the little sister yet or not.

Bebpo said:
I'm having the same experience as Narag with almost the same card. Bio1 was definitely not a smooth 60fps maxed at 1080p, Bio2 doesn't have a drop in sight at 1080p maxed.

i7, 3 gigs ram, 9800GTX+, Windows XP

Uh, yeah, I realize now it's because I'm forcing 4x AA through nHancer and never did that for BS1, so my apologies for that. Still odd you had performance issues with BS1 though, your rig is a bit better than mine (C2D@3.2Ghz, 8800GTS 640, w/ Vista 64).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
whatevermort said:
I use the drill constantly, but barely ever spin it. I use it as I did the wrench in 1; hit them with a plasmid, dance in and thwack 'em on the bonce.
I didn't know you could do this. I take it you just tap the 'fire' button?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Snapshot King said:
That's odd. Whats your rig? I ran 1 like butter but 2 chops down in the thirties often.

C2D E6420 @ 3.2GHz, 2GB DDR2-800, 512MB 2900XT. There are rare, very brief (1-2 seconds) occasions where it drops frames like crazy, but it's entirely random. Catalyst 10.2 should fix that, though.

Rez said:

Nah, shift. It's one of the hints displayed during the loading screens.

Rez said:

Yeah, just a quick pull of RT (or whatever) and he swings it. Between that and the dash move, the (powered and tonic'd up) drill is awesome.

Firestorm

Ok, it was coming up fine at first, but I had to redo my controls again and now it comes up with the prompts. For example, the screen tells me to use "F" when I remapped the Use button to "E". Anyone else have this issue?

Baconmonk

I would like to enter as well Dax.

After getting to
Sinclair's Hotel, chasing after Grace
, I do say I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first hour or so. After the beginning series of events being a more or less copy/paste of the first (although with different context of course) I wasn't sure if I could get into this sequel or not.

Luckily, as most people have already said, the amazing art design and general awesomeness of Rapture kept me going. The ocean seems to be more fully realized, especially plant life and the like. Maybe this has something to do with it being ten years later, or just a change in design with a focus on outdoor segments (I've only seen the one so far at the beginning).

Also, despite most of the guns being "big daddy" versions of B1 guns, I'm enjoying them more as I upgrade them. The drill is probably my new favorite FPS weapon in recent memory, especially
when you get the charge upgrade, along with the damage and sneaking tonics.

I think my only regret was buying on 360 instead of PC, the shooting controls just feel off to me on a stick in this game (although, I felt the same about Bioshock 1 as well, maybe its just me).

Top Bottom