• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Mesa Source |OT| Do you know who ate all the donuts?

The M.O.B

Wisely done, Mr. Freeman.

Download Here For Free
*MOD REQUIRES STEAM & SDK BASE 2007. BOTH ARE FREE. SDK BASE 2007 IS FOUND IN THE STEAM "TOOLS" CATEGORY.
*MOD NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE MAC OS.

Alt||Alt||Alt||Alt||Torrent||Alt Torrent||Alt Torrent
*Includes all chapters up to Lambda Core*

For Torrents
add the trackers

udp://tracker.istole.it:80
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80

Asterisk Points

*Play for free. You need not own anything! Just download the Source SDK 2007 from Steam.

*Feast your eyes on over 2,000 custom Models and 5,000 custom textures – more than HL2.

*Experience over 2,000 choreographed scenes and over 6,500 lines of dialogue from all new voice acting.

*Immerse yourself in an all new soundtrack and over 2,300 custom sound effects.

* Feel the impact of custom systems such as the Face Creation System, Custom Gib System, Deathcam and more.

Trailer

Screenshots
Pcpp_jan2010_01.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_03.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_04.jpg

c1a4_release11_006.jpg

c1a4_release11_001.jpg

c2a3_release11_004.jpg

What is this?
A fan remake of the classic 1998 shooter Half-Life.

Troubleshooting

Having trouble finding Black Mesa once installed?
1) Open your Steam library and right-click on any game you don't already have a shortcut for on your desktop and and just click on "Create desktop shortcut".

Right-click on the newly created shortcut and under the "web document" tab for the URL field, remove what is there and instead put the below line:

steam://rungameid/13540830642081628378

Save it and restart steam and then try to run that shortcut and see if it works.

2) If you installed the mod to a Drive\Path other than the one Steam is installed on, this can cause a problem.

If so, reinstall it to the same drive Steam is installed on into its DEFAULT directory and see if that helps. Doing so should also create a shortcut for you on your desktop to the game.

Chavelo

Can't play it since I'm at work, but even with all of this HD work, the gameplay better be at least at HL2's level, if not at HL1's.

paischtu

Neo Member
udp://tracker.pu blicbt.com:80

Add these trackers. It is said to help the torrent downoad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a link to the 2007 source sdk or should I grab a particular game from my library? Smaller filesize the better.

If you have a Source game, you have the basic Source '07 libs.

Edit: Provided the game/s is/are up to date, of course.

Prepare for unforeseen disappointment. jk

I was one of the people who said I'd wait till this mod comes out instead of playing Half-Life 1 for the first time. Yup, I'm one of the few gamers who never played the original. It's been a long wait, but only a few hours left now.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it's gonna take a while. Bed time I think.
Have fun everyone! Hope it's worth the wait.

-BLITZ-

3 hours left here as well. I will play at night; only from the first screen the mod deserves to be played at night.

Would anyone have any idea why this wouldn't launch. Black Mesa show up in my Steam game's list, but does not launch. As far as I can tell there isn't an application file in the Black Mesa folder. Is that normal?

Angry Fork

Prepare for unforeseen disappointment. jk

I was one of the people who said I'd wait till this mod comes out instead of playing Half-Life 1 for the first time. Yup, I'm one of the few gamers who never played the original. It's been a long wait, but only a few hours left now.

You should've played HL1 because then the before after transformation will mean a lot more. Playing the remake on it's own will be disappointing because there's no reference point and it defeats the purpose of it being a remake. Up to you though obviously.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You should've played HL1 because then the before after transformation will mean a lot more. Playing the remake on it's own will be disappointing because there's no reference point and it defeats the purpose of it being a remake. Up to you though obviously.

Precisely why I don't intend on playing it until after I've played through the original. I'm here for the ride, don't get me wrong, but I'll leave my own uninformed opinion at the doorstep, and rightfully so.

dmr87

torrent - http://www.mediafire.com/?ba8kfb4xu4jjvna

add the trackers

udp://tracker.istole.it:80
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80

None at 100% yet, shitty speed but its moving.

edit - speeds are goooing up, ~3mb/s

The download counter says 11 hours, anyone knows if there's a torrent?

Couldn't find one...

Is there a torrent or something? I only see the shacknews link :/

Top Bottom