• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black myth: Wukong has broken all time concurrent player number record for a single-player game on Steam

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Woah REEEE is in virtue signalling overdrive right now.

“so the best selling game of 2023 and probably 2024 can both go in the trash.”

Hahahaha. Not having much success with your whining eh?
Game journalists have lost all their influence and must be malding right now. They've been taking L after L between Hogwarts Legacy, Stellar Blade, this, and First Descendant killing it numbers wise.

The vast majority either don't care about their causes or disagree with their values. I'm sure they'll come up with some other reality though.

Fess

That's the biggest "REEE" I've ever seen screeched.

No, we don't. Game is good, great, lots of fun to play, I'm not interested in what you're that upset by that probably less than 2% of people even know about.
Yeah about that, what are they even upset about this time? Serious question. Is it that you can’t play as a female monkey king? No monkey gay romances? No dress to wear? Game is from China?

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
209MVGW.png

Gaiff Gaiff , never doubt at Draugoth Draugoth . Cheer mate.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

it started with them banning cyberpunk and it becoming a massive success despite the bugs and a troubled launch on consoles.

they are just a very loud vocal minority who have nothing in common with the wider gaming audience.

But... but... the monkey Chinese folklore game about Chinese monsters and myths was not diverse enough. It's harming the noble cause of inclusivity. People should be rejecting it.

I don't understand any of this. The proud Western games journalists warned us about this evil Eastern not diverse game. Said the modern day audience would not like it's closeminded approach. Rang the alarm bells. Why? How?

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Last edited:

bart simpson

Neo Member
it started with them banning cyberpunk and it becoming a massive success despite the bugs and a troubled launch on consoles.

they are just a very loud vocal minority who have nothing in common with the wider gaming audience.
Yeah, being honest I use that forum but they are so fucking annoying with their rules.. “oh you gotta hate this game because of this reason or we will ban you so fast for even talking about it!!” Fucking bullshit..

mods right now have no idea what to do about this game 😂😂 no one wants to make an OT. Shit is funny right now

LectureMaster

Gold Member

Those pathetic losers can only find meaning of their lives in the echo chamber.

If you go out and see the Chinese internet, you'll find how much the dev despise their heinous ideology.

Bkdk

inzoi might break all time record later this year, single player true sims competitor with truly diversified character customizer, you can make hot girls to they/them aliens as well as day 1 mod support. 2024 turns out to be historic with satanic baby inc and woke western devs in complete meltdown.

Honestly, even though this is almost exclusively due to china (the fact that its midnight here and only 6am in europe pretty much confirms this is all from the china release), I have to give credit where credit is due.

A few things:
- One of the few china/south korean vaporware games that actually released
- One of the few next gen games that actually didnt get a major downgrade
- One of the few games from an indie/first time studio that delivered an epic AAA game with insane setpieces and boss battles. SSM take note.
- Old school single player when other major studios are/were chasing gaas trash. ND should take note.
- A truly great action game with next gen graphics proving you can have both graphics and gameplay. something hellblade devs forgot.

Looks like Crimson Desert by Pearl Abyss will be releasing soon. Maybe its time to move on from western devs who have disappointed over and over again as they chase cross gen, gaas, and insanely woke stories with millennial dads, spoiled gen z kids, and lesbian girl boss leads. Crimson desert looks even more insane in terms of scale and ambition. Both are something I wanted out GOW.

This game might still flop in the west but i hope it succeeds for the reasons above. Good to see devs get rewarded for making games players actually want to play.

Say it again. Fucking Say. It. Again 🔥🔥🔥

Pisses me off seeing the success of this game with PS bosses balls deep in rancid trash like Concord

FUCK !!!!!

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I would assume this makes it to #4 all time. At 1.279 million now, with #4 at 1.325 million. Only 35k more to go and I don't think that's peak. Still morning in China. Unless this picks up steam towards the evening in Asia, it still needs a big surge to break the top 3 all time.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Well deserved.

Gonna download this tonight. Its crazy how they've just completely embarrassed and annihilated devs that have been in the game for 20 plus years on a technical standpoint on their first real game.

Im looking at you From, this game proves you can have great presentation, gameplay, and graphics. And great art style shouldnt mean trash tech.

Godspeed, China - Time to show the rest of the world up.

Last edited:
When you list games like that it seems like a perfect PR stunt to boost sales to ignore all the things they want.
Has any game they’re upset about failed yet?

Not that I’m aware of, no; pretty sure everything they have wanted to fail has succeeded. And a lot of their darling games haven’t done much.

Any dev that is attempting to appease that group is not being smart from a business perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom