• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong has gone Gold

Draugoth

Gold Member
Thank you for your patience! We're thrilled to announce that the full development of #BlackMythWukong is complete, and the game will be released as scheduled.😉
Right now, our entire team is working hard on the final stages of experiencing, testing, and deploying the game.

To prove we haven't forgotten about promotions, we've put together a brand-new trailer, which will be released online at 10 AM Beijing time on August 8.
Although we're incredibly eager to share every fun detail of the game with you, "Black Myth: Wukong" is a single-player game with an original storyline and unique gameplay.

Therefore, we kindly ask that in these last few days before the official release, you avoid spreading any text, images, or videos that might reveal unreleased content, as well as any "leak information" from unofficial sources.
We sincerely hope that all the mysteries and surprises of "Black Myth: Wukong" remain intact until the moment you embark on your journey. Your anticipation and trust given in the past four years are always remembered.

The game is now available for pre-order on PS5, STEAM, EPIC GAMES STORE, and WEGAME, and will be unlocked at 10 AM (UTC+8) on August 20, 2024.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

Anyone else have both consoles, but still salty? Would much rather play this on the Xbox controller. Weird that they didn't mention anything about working on the Xbox version. Just that they're done.
giphy.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not as hyped as I used to be for this game, I still think enemy design looks great I’m not really digging the latest gameplay footage I saw.

hlm666

Anyone else have both consoles, but still salty? Would much rather play this on the Xbox controller. Weird that they didn't mention anything about working on the Xbox version. Just that they're done.
giphy.gif
There's one platform you can probably use whatever controller you like.

Frwrd

Didn't realize this game won't have a physical release. That sucks.
Really?

Wasn't this game getting a physical release sometime later after it's actual release?
I swear that I read/heard that shit somewhere or am I confusing it with some other game?

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
I really hope this is good. Been interested in it for a while now. I’m a little nervous though because it’s out in a few weeks and there isn’t a lot of buzz.

SHA

giphy.gif
I've touched the other console, it's not far from me actually, I'd say the ps5 has the balls to run Ellie at 5th of the console power.

Last edited:

Antwix

Really?

Wasn't this game getting a physical release sometime later after it's actual release?
I swear that I read/heard that shit somewhere or am I confusing it with some other game?
Digital only it seems.

clarky

Gold Member
Nah. It goes for every game out there.
This is from an unproven studio. Could go either way.

Some titles are nailed on for me. GTA, Fromsoft games, Mainline Mario, Zelda, COD, Concord etc etc.

I wouldn't trust early impressions on this from the media as far as i could throw them.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Really?

It has a "physical" release but the box only has a digital code insert in it.

Congrats to Game Scince. Shutting down all the Vaporware believers.

Will get it once the physical PS5 version gets available, otherwise will be like BG3 and a wait for deep discount to get it digital.

I’ll wait til I see reviews that affirm it’s good, and also worth the wait. Nothing is sure until then, from an unknown studio like this. A bit of cautious optimism is warranted, in this case.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hope it's good. Doubt I will pick it up until it is on deep sale, only really interested because of the Monkey Magic TV show.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Class show. Pigsy was my favourite character back in the day.

Is this based of the same lore then?
Yep, Journey to the West, but honestly I don't know how well the show or the game are faithful to the source.

DavidGzz

This will make it super easy to wait on a sale for Outlaws since they come out pretty close to each other and this looks twice as good. 10 days earlier even.

Katajx

Hoping this game is good even if I don’t pick it up at launch. Always found Wukong interesting after Dragonball. Even then it’s mostly been Saiyuki.

Ferdimage

I doubt we will get a demo before release, going by recent performance specs.
Hopefully my RTX3080 does ok at 4k RT off.

Last edited:

Stafford

There used to be a bit of text on their site where it said it was in development for Xbox but that it was delayed, right? I don't see that on their site, nor do I see a Xbox logo anywhere anymore. I hate this so much man.

Was so glad when this got announced for Xbox. Ffs.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
[/QUOTE]
Yep, Journey to the West, but honestly I don't know how well the show or the game are faithful to the source.

The game must be or else they will get destroyed in China.

That's why people who said this would be vaporware were talking out of their asses, as per usual.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Congrats to the team. I remember when 4 years ago a lot of people doubted them and called the game vaporware.

I was one of them. While its cool that its getting released I have huge doubts about its quality. Glad to be proven wrong, but, meh.

Top Bottom