• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong is the number 1 top seller across every tracked countries on Steam Weekly Top Seller right now

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Currently, Black Myth: Wukong is the number 1 seller (in terms of revenue) across all of the tracked countries (listed below) on Steam's weekly top sellers.

Update: It was brief but the game has traded place with other games in some countries now
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • China
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Republic of Korea
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Russia Republic
  • Singapore
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe what happened is unprecedented. The last time it nearly happened was for Palworld for the week of Jan 23-30 2024, where it hit number 1 in every countries except the UK (Steam Deck was #1, Palworld was #2).

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Estimate sales by this weekend is 5m on steam. Getting 1.1m+ concurrent player is not that easy.

This game can do 20m copies sold

Last edited:

Kings Field

crushed noo GIF

deeptech

Wow, I kinda knew it's gonna be big but never expected this BIG. And I read some post here few days ago saying it'll be like 100k or so, wow what a looser that one ended up, predicted it fine.

Also very interesting thing here is to me that a game like this, with publicity it got, namely the *woke* trashing slithering nonsense pretending it's criticism, this game still sold so well, and seems to be on such a colossal start that publishers will surely take note, devs as well. Now that with recent layoffs of some woke departments around entertainment media, may bode well in the end, as game makers may finally realize what was true all along, they didn't have to pander ONE BIT to the insane.

DavidGzz

We thought everyone would be Deadpool for Halloween but it's monkeys all around. Planet of the Apes in every town.

Top Bottom