• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another one

4VDHMhJ.png

This gaming industry is so fucked with these clowns. And it's going to get worse. Then they will wonder and cry why so many layoffs :lollipop_ogre:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Damn, no physical version? Hmmm... debating to buy or wait for the physical version. I'm getting tired of buying games twice these days.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Maybe we should ask Metacritic to post pix of reviewers along with the reviews so we can ignore blue hairs etc.

You should avoid all reviews in general. Quite easy to do if you play it on Steam as you have 2 hours to see for yourself if ud enjoy it. Hopefully someday Sony does the same.

Fbh

Gold Member
Sounds good.
Though the few reviews I've seen seem to confirm they didn't send out any review copies on consoles so I'll assume it looks and/or runs like shit on consoles.
Guess I'll put it on the "play on next gen or when I can afford a decent PC" list.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
So it is kinda like a boss rush... This is what i was afraid of

Where'd you get that notion? It doesn't sound like that at all whatsoever.

Level design is of the “wide-linear” variety, usually with a clear main path that leads you from checkpoint to checkpoint, but plenty of opportunities to venture off that path to discover optional goodies. The rewards for exploration are great, too: I’ve found rare crafting materials to make new weapons or armor, special enemies that drop a new Spirit Skill, Curio items that I could equip to enhance my build, and treasure chests that might permanently increase my max health, mana, or stamina, all of which made the time I took to find them feel well spent.

On top of that, there are several secret boss fights to discover, key items with mysterious uses that I still haven’t figured out, and plenty more reasons to stray from the beaten path and keep an eye constantly scanning the environment.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
The reviews are exceeding my expectations in terms of gameplay (i.e. not a soulslike) but it's a shame they didn't go deep with narrative (such a weird fumble), it probably would've made it top GOTY contender.

Anyways, add near the top list of games that I can't wait to play on PS5 Pro.

Elios83

The Windows Central review is pure salt.. They gave it a 7/10.

That's the Xbox tax for ya.

After Baldur's Gate 3 last summer they're now stupidly missing on this as well.
It takes a talent and yeah they were clearly rooting for this to flop. Oops.

Top Bottom