• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

antibolo

Banned
BuruRaji, BlazBlue's online web radio show, is the best thing to come from this series in forever.

I'm catching up on the episodes and they're pretty funny. The Blayzbloo art makes it better.

Is there a good place to watch them subtitled?

Shun

Is there a good place to watch them subtitled?

003.jpg

I wouldn't know since I understand Japanese and watch if off Nico Nico. Most of the BuruRaji episodes are available to watch on Nico Nico here.

If you want, you can check YouTube to see if there's anything you're looking for but most of the time, BuruRaji videos/episodes on YouTube are taken down by ArcSys.

There are a couple crossover videos with Persona 4: Arena and BlayzBloo versions of Yu and Yosuke show up.

Noi

So this 2.0, will it be a Chrono Phantasma 2 that you have to buy a new game for or an update to download?

If its anything like CSII, a free download.

Whether the characters will be paid DLC is a completely different question.

Mdesilva

Speculation time!

In BBCP2, who do you think will be changed the most?

I think Bullet's finally going to get some decent buffs. I also think Azrael and Kokonoe will get some big nerfs. And I think this is finally Makoto's time to not be garbage.

Maybe more nerfs for Kagura, though, because why not.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Makoto is going to "accidentally" get more nerfs

This is the only certain thing.

Also, if we can't upgrade from vanilla BBCP to 2.0 (like what happened with CS Extend), Arc Sys can go eat a big dick.

Salex_

I've been playing CSE via PS+ (I briefly played CS since I got it 1 month before vanilla mvc3 came out) and I'm loving the game so far. There's so many unique characters that I want to learn and the netcode is amazing on a 3-4 connection even on the Vita.

I'm not sure if I should get BBCP right now though since no one knows if 2.0 will be a patch or a retail update. There's also the slight chance of them bringing it to PS4 since GG Xrd is PS3/PS4 with cross play.

Rhapsody

Banned
Speculation time!

In BBCP2, who do you think will be changed the most?

I think Bullet's finally going to get some decent buffs. I also think Azrael and Kokonoe will get some big nerfs. And I think this is finally Makoto's time to not be garbage.

Maybe more nerfs for Kagura, though, because why not.
Depends on their goal of balancing. I'm expecting changes for the sake of change unlike 1.1.

Hopefully Rachel remains largely the same. Favorite version so far.

Uraizen

Banned
New BBCP movelists: http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics661

Bullet got a new follow up for Miquelet Capture :D

Assuming red means move changes or added moves, here's what I can see:

Arakune's and Bang's OD changed possibly.
Tao has two new/changed moves.
Hazama (wut?) has a new move.
Makoto has two new/changed moves.
Valk has three new/changed moves.
Relius has one new/changed move.
Amane's super changed?
Bullet has a new move, I guess.
Nu was torn down and "rebuilt." lol
Izayoi's D follow-up (nuclear drop) changed somehow and they changed her super that nobody ever sees.
Kagura's DP was somehow changed...?
Kokonoe has a new move, maybe?

Fuck it, I can't read moon runes.

Mdesilva

Makoto's new move is just a changed input to the party (now 214D)
Izayoi's Trans-am now only costs ONE STOCK.
Valk got some new moves I think, and wolf command grab is just normal grab input
Hazama's 236D is now 236A, no new move just input change
Kokonoe Activate is now chargeable (uh oh)
Her Golden Tager input is now 64641236C
Tao got a new move or two yeah
Bullet's running command grab is now able to be braked
Kagura got a B version of the DP
Bang OD makes him invisible or some bullshit
Arakune's OD instantly curses you, rip
idk about the rest

this is mostly from twitter so don't ask me for translations, idk Japanese :p

Mdesilva

read above pls

also all we have are command lists, not changelists. so characters still got changes even if they weren't named

Mononoke

Banned
Just bought this. It's my first game in the series. I know jack about the story, or the world. What have I done. =/

I love fighting games though. Let's see how it goes.

Fuck everything.
Ahahahahahahaha.

Valk got some new moves I think, and wolf command grab is just normal grab input
Bang OD makes him invisible or some bullshit
Arakune's OD instantly curses you, rip
idk about the rest

this is mostly from twitter so don't ask me for translations, idk Japanese :p

Im interested in seeing the new Valk stuff since i've been messing with him recently in training mode. It's weird that I was just telling myself that his wolf command grab should just be a normal grab input. I wonder if that means the opponent can tech it now though ... ? We'll see.

Give Tager fly mode and/or his unlimited mode dash run pls.

That Arakune change sounds like the worst thing ever. I'm curious how Bang's new OD works. I've heard it compared to his teleports out of his drives. Sounds wonky but pretty cool at the same time.

I'm glad they fixed Makoto's parry command. That was the only thing holding her back from being SSS tier.

Shouta

Bang's OD gives him Furinkazan mode and then buffs based on which of the Furinkazan symbols are up on the meter.

Onemic

I want to like Litchi but this execution wall is intense....It would be ok if BB was the only fighter I play but it aint

and these Izayoi changes are trying to pull me back in again...That transam buff makes low stock izayoi still scary

Nu can cancel Spike Chaser, Crescent Saber, Sickle Storm and Supra Rage into Gravity Seed.
Supra Rage can now be done in the air.
And she can Act Parser out of Spike, Crescent, Sickle and Gravity.

Lambda can cancel her A Parser into the B or C Parsers or Exiga Nail.

Nu and Lambda seem to have VERY few differences.

That may be true but Nu losing Lambda's 236B/C greatly changes some match ups where those moves were important punishing tools and the same goes for Lambda if they don't give her better defensive options since her neutral will be really weak compared to Nu.

Ohnonono

I have been playing a bit more online (vita), mostly using Noel, Mu, and Bullet. The netcode in this game is insane. The WORST connections are still better than some of my SF battles on PC, and that is on a Vita so a small pool of players all on Wifi. Gawdlike. I have begun to win a bit with Noel, a little less with Mu, and Bullet almost never. I still run into people that are way up off my level but its fun to start to catch them showing off and get in 3+k on them and stick them in the corner to catch a round every once in a while. I guess this is "getting better." Still have a long way to go.

Also the new arcade shit better be a patch. I will take DLC characters for money, but please fucking don't make a whole new game.

Mononoke

Banned
Okay, really dumb question. Is Story Mode..just story w/ no fights in between? So it's just like a visual novel/cut scenes?

Again, first game I've bought in the series (dumb I know). Really am loving the other modes though. Was just confused by the purpose of story mode.

Lemstar

Okay, really dumb question. Is Story Mode..just story w/ no fights in between? So it's just like a visual novel/cut scenes?

Again, first game I've bought in the series (dumb I know). Really am loving the other modes though. Was just confused by the purpose of story mode.
From what I remember, fights in CP's story mode were less frequent than in the previous installments. There'll be a few to break up your reading, though, even if they're really not very interesting.

Are you already acquainted with the story from the first three games?

Top Bottom