• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

One piece is not in the same league as either Bleach or HXH. It has been running for 15 years with very little results to the overall story. It overstayed its welcome long time ago.

It's fair to criticize One Piece for it's slow pacing. But the reason why it is so slow is another as in other Mangas. It's constantly adding new Plot Points to the Story while resolving around the same amount or even less plot points at the same time, so overall you are left with a feeling of "The Story moved on, but at the same Time it didn't". This is something i see myself as a negative Point, even though i can see that the Goal of this is to expand the World and deepen the Characters outside of the Maincast.

One Piece is an adventure story. Complaining that the overall story hasn't progressed much is missing the point.

Nightbird

One Piece is an adventure story. Complaining that the overall story hasn't progressed much is missing the point.

Don't get me wrong. It just feels slower than before, i also explained why. I'm listing this as negative Point, because sometimes there may be just one single Thing that interests me, and when the Plot jumps around, solving some points, adding some new ones, while keeping off the one i like to see can be very tiring.

I explained that this whole thing adds to the World-Building, wich is important in an Adventure-Manga. But i just wish it would handle the managing of those many Story-Strings in a way that is convinient for everyone. But maybe i am asking for too much...

Corgi

Banned
its reach the point where reading bleach chapters feel like i'm somehow wasting my time.

even though it takes roughly 50 seconds to a read a chapter.

Ventara

Just read 610. I really hope Ichibei is dead so we can end this back and forth battle. Regarding his power, how would that blind guy stack against him, since he could take away his sight? Though that's pointless since he's dead.

Was my fave designed espada. But my most hated because of the way he was dispatched.

Gawd.

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. They teleported his own power inside him? lol

Stark was super disappointing, though, I've convinced myself that he wasn't using his full power and that he was just tired of fighting, so he decided to be killed.

Jarnet87

Didn't Ichigo V Grimmjow end with "Oh hey, Orihime doesn't want me to get hit anymore, so I'll basically become invincible through my brilliant, brand-new plan of 'not getting hit by things.'"

I enjoyed Heuco Mundo arc even if it did get silly at the end. Nel and Pesche Gautiche were the high points. It kind of falls apart at Ichigo vs Grimmjow before just falling off the dam tracks with the Ulquiorra fight

That's just as crazy as saying Batman can beat Superman Prime.

He can. Just like Aizen.

At this point, we should get a reveal that the "future" Yhwach is seeing has been Aizen's illusion the whole time. In fact, everything was an illusion; Aizen was actually a good guy. His whole plan was to lure out and trick Yhwach.

this!!!!!! i want this ass pull!!!!

Your opinion is even more biased and even dumber you are known for how you get mad and shift focus to other mangas everytime something bad was said about Bleach.

Just say you enjoy Bleach for what it is but trying to play it as Bleach's current writing,pace and power up aren't super shitty and child levels of fanfiction then yeah.. I think you are lost.
How about you read the post i replied to instead of making stupid comments.

Mael

How about you read the post i replied to instead of making stupid comments.

Ah the good ole
73284090.jpg

Just so you guys don't say the power came from no where later. So far none of Yhwach's abilities have been asspulls given what we know about his birth. He was special enough from birth that humans declared him a god (Yhwach's said to have been given the name of humanity's god and his name could be translated as YHWH as well). All the quincies and shinigamis that have been killed by quincies were stated to have their power absorbed by Yhwach. This also came from exposition earlier.

Now, the previous chapter stated that Yhwach's almighty power is all knowing and all powerful. Unsurprisingly, Yhwach gained two new sets of pupils in each eye. One of the additional pupils in each eye is like the one that allows him to know all (abilities). The other probably grants him the ability to use all (abilities). This would be why he's capable of nullifying attacks. He can comprehend the ability and then use its counter.

Furthermore on whether the soul king exists or not, I suggest you read the last page of Chapter 519 of Bleach. You see the Soul King in the flesh,

Syntsui

The first two Grimmjow vs Ichigo were SO GOOD, like two of the best fight I've seen in an anime ever. The way the things settled on the third fight was extremely disappointing and silly.

The first two Grimmjow vs Ichigo were SO GOOD, like two of the best fight I've seen in an anime ever. The way the things settled on the third fight was extremely disappointing and silly.
Yup. Actually about to rewatch. Animation quality jumped to Fate/Zero levels for a moment.

Chariot

God, these lazy ass four pages of just showing the damn ugly soul king residence.
Also, how about telling everybody about the enemies power instead of just telling them what they are going to do anyways?

Syntsui

What a load of bullshit. The hyper hyped zero division were a bunch of cannon fodder just like de Vasto Lordes.

They fucking revived Ichibei and he didn't even alert them about the enemies power, what the fuck this is so ridiculous. I should be used by the awful story by now but I keep getting surprised, amazing. The shitness never ceases to increase.

LCGeek

formerly sane
What a load of bullshit. The hyper hyped zero division were a bunch of cannon fodder just like de Vasto Lordes.

They fucking revived Ichibei and he didn't even alert them about the enemies power, what the fuck this is so ridiculous. I should be used by the awful story by now but I keep getting surprised, amazing. The shitness never ceases to increase.

You should be considering what you just mentioned. Anyone sticking around now on some level is a masochist of inevitability.

We all know it we are just wanting to see the BS ichigo pulls off to close this story out.

Syntsui

At least Yhwach X Ichibei was kinda funny because of the ridiculous ''no I'm invulnerable to this, now take that HA''.

Just wait until Chad takes one or two enemies with him, now that will be some comedy.

Joni

Let's hope Studio Pierrot can actually fix this entire show by showing kickass fights when they get back to the show.

When shit happens you complain, when nothing happens you complain. You complain the RG were beaten but, if kubo showed their fights you would whine and complain. Shit's actually happening and you still whine and complain.

Ezalc

At this point I'm treating this like Naruto, gonna continue reading it until it ends because. If I followed it for this long might as well see the rest of it.

RangerBAD

The end looms closer...

You should be considering what you just mentioned. Anyone sticking around now on some level is a masochist of inevitability.

We all know it we are just wanting to see the BS ichigo pulls off to close this story out.

If Bleach had loads of text, then I might call this an exercise in masochism. However, you can read a chapter in a minute, so it's not that big of a deal. lol

Ichigo will gain the power of the Soul King soon.

Tamanon

Banned
Keep in mind that Yhwach's power seems the perfect one to be screwed with by his earlier meeting with Aizen. Being able to see everything isn't that useful when you don't know if what you see is true.

uncblue

Does anyone have a list of all the unanswered mysteries/questions at this point?
It seems every other chapter raises another question. Hell it took what 5 years to figure out the two bodies that Mayuri found in the lab.

I keep giving Kubo the benefit of doubt that he will pull another soul society rescue arc, but each arc just lets me down. Hopefully it will end soon in a halfway decent way.

Jarnet87

Does anyone have a list of all the unanswered mysteries/questions at this point?
It seems every other chapter raises another question. Hell it took what 5 years to figure out the two bodies that Mayuri found in the lab.

I keep giving Kubo the benefit of doubt that he will pull another soul society rescue arc, but each arc just lets me down. Hopefully it will end soon in a halfway decent way.

the heuco mundo/rescue orihime arc had some similarities, it just wasn't nearly as good as SS Rescue.

scarlet

Which bodies? Too many things I can't remember

Squad zero, sternittters, and some of the captains. We're never gonna see their full powers right? :(

Dysun

Just caught up with the last few chapters. Yikes, at least the Squad Zero jobbers arc is over and we can see Ichigo asspull a win and wrap up shop

Top Bottom