• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
For the record, I like reading bleach. "Unironically." Even when it gets boring and nothing happens. I'm invested enough at this point. I wouldn't continue following something if there wasn't something in there I still liked. I don't hate-read manga like so many of you seem to.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
idk about that.

think most here are just reading it for the funsies. Or at least I am.

One should never give more of a fuck about a game/manga/anime etc than the creators.

If it's for funsies then it becomes double unironic ironic hybrid of irony.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why do I have this worrying suspicion that Bleach is going to have the lamest cop out ending ever ?

Basically "it was a dream all along". I'm not sure why I have so little faith in Kubo-san to finish his story in a better way but there it is.

It's not weird to suspect this. Low-effort cop-out solutions and plot twists have been completely standard fare in Bleach for years. There's no reason to think the ending would be anything different.

Bleach is awesome in anime form, not Manga, when they were the big 3, Bleach anime was always [IMO] the best of the 3, the anime directors did a great job at making Kubo shit writing look good on screen...

Agreed. Including the openings and endings. It was far better than Naruto and One Piece in it's prime.

Corgi

Banned
funny enough the best fights in the anime were the filler stuff because they weren't constrained by kubo's crappy choreographed fights.

byakuya-vs-koga-o.gif

Loke13

funny enough the best fights in the anime were the filler stuff because they weren't constrained by kubo's crappy choreographed fights.

byakuya-vs-koga-o.gif
Man I wish there were more instances of Soul Reapers actually using their swords instead of them instantly hopping to their Shikai's and Bankai's.

I wonder if Ichigo will ever get his super speed back, the display he put on against Byakuya was pretty much never seen again agter that fight.

Obviously I know it's still technically there, it's just hilarious how the one specialty of his bankai only puts on an "even" level with his opponents after Byakuya, now that he has real bankai hopefully he can display a noticeable increase in speed again.

So the only thing of note to happen in the past 5-10 chapters is that Aizen is one step closer to returning.

That is quite possibly the single most important development to happen in quite a while.

whats interesting about ichigo? He's the most boiler plate shounen main character there is since Son Goku.

Goku at least had some some traits or a hint of life in him

Ichigo is just a blotch of white paint

boring personality.,.... extremely boring move set

Getsuga

GETSUGA

So the only thing of note to happen in the past 5-10 chapters is that Aizen is one step closer to returning.

That is quite possibly the single most important development to happen in quite a while.

Aizen's name being said is more important than the entire Bleach universe falling apart, I love it.
1401943617730.gif

Lagamorph

Since when were you under the assumption that aizen is a bad guy?
Since about the end of the first arc? Not exactly the actions of a 'nice guy'.

Wasn't there something recently about the leader of the Quincy, or whatever the hell they call themselves now, is technically the Bleach version of Jesus too?

Welfare

I wonder if Ichigo will ever get his super speed back, the display he put on against Byakuya was pretty much never seen again agter that fight.

Obviously I know it's still technically there, it's just hilarious how the one specialty of his bankai only puts on an "even" level with his opponents after Byakuya, now that he has real bankai hopefully he can display a noticeable increase in speed again.

His bones were going to break if he kept using the speed he showed off in that battle.

Corgi

Banned
No news there but you'd think it would once there is enough material to never need to do filler seasons (which were what killed the series).
did they? Found the fillers and movies to be better than main arcs at times.

i mean the current arc is pretty much the bounto arc but somehow lamer.

didn't the Hitman Reborn anime end

idk I gave up on the series after overstaying the whole dimension/future BS

Bleach's anime could be on hiatus

that or they just eventually gave up on it..... I can see a reboot being more likely for Bleach then continuing the anime

LordCanti

I didn't like the filler at all, but yeah, it was the length of that one arc in particular (an entire year almost?) that sank the ship. It didn't help that the manga got really bad after Aizen went down so there wasn't much to look forward to in animated form.

Gin lost his arm, so he died. In this series, if you lose your arm, you're dead.

You can get chopped the fuck in half or completely blown up and come back fine, but you can't lose the arm.

Goku at least had some some traits or a hint of life in him

Ichigo is just a blotch of white paint

boring personality.,.... extremely boring move set

Getsuga

GETSUGA

Okay, I can give you his move set needing massive improvement, but his personality?

The fuck?

Dude is arguably one of the most tolerable shounen MCs around who doesn't go off on ridiculous dumb as fuck sanctimonious tirades about friendship and love. That ALONE puts him above just about 80% of Shonen protagonists.

T'Zariah

Banned
Ichigo's biggest personality trait is having no personality.

What the fuck?

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds? The Soul King has no personality, because it's implied that he isn't even alive or even a *person*.

Let's put it another way, if Ichigo existed in real life and does what he does (i.e protective of his friends, really mature, looks on the bright side every once in awhile, loves his mother to death, and has a female best friend where they banter and get silly) would you seriously sit there and say "Hey dude, you have like, no personality, bro!"

Just because it's a personality you don't LIKE, doesn't mean it isn't there. There's an enormous fucking difference.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The best thing about Ichigo was how unique his VA was in the anime. He didn't sound anything like your typical shonen protagonist.

Welfare

The best thing about Ichigo was how unique his VA was in the anime. He didn't sound anything like your typical shonen protagonist.

Ichigo's VA was really good. Also loved how he shouted Bankai.

This arc needs an anime adaptation. Just do Bleach: Final Act if they need to relaunch the anime.

Ichigo's VA was really good. Also loved how he shouted Bankai.

This arc needs an anime adaptation. Just do Bleach: Final Act if they need to relaunch the anime.

I wonder how many episodes it'd end up being?

I'd say at least 40-52.

Seeing as how SS arc in the anime thy crammed a LOT in 26 episodes. Practically no filler at all.

Ventara

Out of curiosity, has Ichigo ever used Hado/Kido? Like those magic spells and whatnot?

Gin lost his arm, so he died. In this series, if you lose your arm, you're dead.

You can get chopped the fuck in half or completely blown up and come back fine, but you can't lose the arm.

How about that ninja girl? The one that's captain of squad 2. Does this mean she has a death flag over her head?

Out of curiosity, has Ichigo ever used Hado/Kido? Like those magic spells and whatnot?

How about that ninja girl? The one that's captain of squad 2. Does this mean she has a death flag over her head?
Oh, right. I forgot about her
and like half the characters

Okay, fine. Gin had a flashback before he died. Flashback means death.

Welfare

I wonder how many episodes it'd end up being?

I'd say at least 40-52.

Seeing as how SS arc in the anime thy crammed a LOT in 26 episodes. Practically no filler at all.

Soul Society arc was the 1st chapter to chapter 182. In the anime, without filler episodes, it lasted 61 episodes.

The Arrancar Arc (Hueco Mundo and Fake Karakura Town) was chapters 183 to 423, and without filler episodes, lasted 119 episodes.

Fullbringers Arc was chapters 424 to 479 and lasted 15 episodes without filler.

Right now, 1000 Year Blood War is still ongoing starting from 480 and it's at chapter 616.

Probably 50 episodes if they speed things up.

Top Bottom