• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

daveo42

Banned
Aizen in full out swag mode at this point. The remainder of the chapter was more *yawn* than anything else. Ichigo showing off how much of a #1 he is by showing off his one-trick-pony move, Getsuga Tenshou. I really need more Aizen to make this final arc more interesting.

someone's gonna post about Yoruichi on her knees

It also appears she's wearing nothing but a thong under that stylish cape thanks to how one of the panels is shaded.

DJwest

Don't cut back to Ichigo! I need more Aizen swag

Aizen in full out swag mode at this point. The remainder of the chapter was more *yawn* than anything else. I really need more Aizen to make this final arc more interesting.

Fuck off Ichigo, taking up pages that could be spent on Aizen.
We all agree on one thing. Aizen needs to take over this arc. More Aizen-sama please.

Bleach is funny. There are a lot of cool characters but the protagonist isn't one. Ichigo makes me cringe.

Can someone explain me why Yhwach couldn't predict Ukitake's crazy move to protect the King? Wasn't he supposed to foresee the future with his eyes?

phaze

Caught up from where anime ended. Bleach is like the last 180 chapters of Naruto but somehow worse. I really don't understand Kubo's insistence on introducing 100+ pointless new characters for nothing but insignificant fights. Aizen schtick got old for me pretty fast in the anime so I don't know how I feel about him returning. I'm more interested in the Soul King stuff.

Chariot

Bleach is funny. There are a lot of cool characters but the protagonist isn't one. Ichigo makes me cringe.

Can someone explain me why Yhwach couldn't predict Ukitake's crazy move to protect the King? Wasn't he supposed to foresee the future with his eyes?
tumblr_masbea2qpB1qixsl1o1_500.gif

tumblr_m99n0wStKe1qc6xxmo1_500.gif

That's why.

Corgi

Banned
i still don't get why kubo likes to drag dialogue like a motherfucker.

the first 12 pages could be handled in like 2 pages for any other mangaka.

and stop talking lewd things about yoruichi. She doesn't wear any underwear.

Kain

I literally don't understand the character's abilities anymore.

Anyway, more Aizen is always good. I was seriously pissed off when they cut to Ichigo & co, who cares about them? Give more Aizen and Shunsui, they make quite an interesting pair. Now I'm more curious about Shunsui's bankai than ever, he must truly be a monster.

RiverBed

Banned
Has there been a connection yet between yhwach and Zangetsu (Ichigo's sword figure)? They look the same.
Also, Does Ichigo have Quincy, Hollow, Shinigami AND human blood? Does that mean his father isn't his father?

I literally don't understand the character's abilities anymore.

Anyway, more Aizen is always good. I was seriously pissed off when they cut to Ichigo & co, who cares about them? Give more Aizen and Shunsui, they make quite an interesting pair. Now I'm more curious about Shunsui's bankai than ever, he must truly be a monster.

Why so interested in his bankai now?

I hope Ichigo turns out to be Yhwach's bankai.

Yhwach: "I restrained your power with my reiatsu to force you to grow to new heights that my eyes couldn't foresee!"
Ichigo: "What do you mean!?"
Yhwach: "It means I get to absorb you! Bleachception!"

~Yhwach grows tremendously in power~
*Aizen shows up*
~Aizen grows tremendously in swag~

Aizen: "Time to finish this shit arc and be the hero of SS and the world."
Yhwach: "Aizen Sasuke-kun. I thought you were a villain??"

Aizen: "Since when were you under the impression I wasn't this mangaka's true protagonist?

ALLHAILAIZEN.png

Nocebo

Has there been a connection yet between yhwach and Zangetsu (Ichigo's sword figure)? They look the same.
Also, Does Ichigo have Quincy, Hollow, Shinigami AND human blood? Does that mean his father isn't his father?
A father and son get into a car accident. The father dies on the spot but his son is rushed to the hospital. In the operation room the surgeon is about to operate on the boy but then says I can't operate on this person, he is my son!
Then who was phone?!
quincies are human?His mother was a quincy. Also yahwa the bach was indeed the figure representing ichigo's sword.
I assume you haven't read the manga for a while?

cdyhybrid

Yes and yes/no. He has Quincy blood, but it's from his mom.

In west Rukongai born and raised
On the 5th division where I spent most of my days
Makin' Hollows and relaxin' all cool
And destroyin' Karakura usin' the Hogyokou
When a bunch of old guys said I was up to to no good
Sealed in a chamber away from my neighborhood
Juha Bach came to fight and Shunsui got scared
He said 'You're movin' back to Soul Society to get some fresh air'.

Yhwach: "I restrained your power with my reiatsu to force you to grow to new heights that my eyes couldn't foresee!"

*Aizen shows up*

Aizen: "Since when were you under the impression I wasn't this mangaka's true protagonist?

ALLHAILAIZEN.png

This would be better than possibly whatever Kubo has planned for the finale, tbh.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
If I had to guess, I'd say that that power probably doesn't work on divine beings or something. Either that or it's just not as all-revealing as Bach implied that it was and he was just bluffing.

I also expect that this is how Ishida comes into play. If you recall, Ishida was supposed to die when Bach was resurrected (or something like that), just like how all other non-pureblood quincies croaked at that time when Bach absorbed their powers. Uryu was exempt for reasons still unknown.

Bleach would legit be GOAT if Kubo did it.
Aizen saving the day would be lame, but Aizen being the villain who actually wins would absolve Kubo of all wrongdoings imo.

Just as planned, I knew you'd defeat me and then imprison me in darkness for thousands of years only to actually imprison me for 1.5 while some crazy quincyman with a nice beard fucks your shit, then you'd come and release me partially but actually I release myself and then make my glorious escape and finally rule over everything!

Eusis

He just wanted to replace the Soul King. Bach seems content with destroying everything and calling it good.
Which leaves me to wonder if this is basically Soul Society/Shunsui going "Ok, Soul King's dead anyway, so what do you have to offer to the table in his place?" Makes sense, if he had anything in mind that'd actually hold the universe together without the Soul King it'd be good to find out what it is and maybe let him have a go at it.

Unless what Ukitake can be made into a permanent solution, then well crap.

Just as planned, I knew you'd defeat me and then imprison me in darkness for thousands of years only to actually imprison me for 1.5 while some crazy quincyman with a nice beard fucks your shit, then you'd come and release me partially but actually I release myself and then make my glorious escape and finally rule over everything!

So bad, yet soooo good.

Chariot

Now that I think of it. Maybr he DID plan it. Maybe he knew about the Quincies, but couldn't communicate it, because they were watching all the time. And so instead he made a Xanathos Gambit. If he wins, he would be Soul King and had new soldiers im the form of the spada prepared. If he lost, the Quincies would've seen that and didn't see him as enemy, making him a wild card. And since he maybe knew the danger he would've known that Soul Society would ask for his help at some point.

Welfare

Now that I think of it. Maybr he DID plan it. Maybe he knew about the Quincies, but couldn't communicate it, because they were watching all the time. And so instead he made a Xanathos Gambit. If he wins, he would be Soul King and had new soldiers im the form of the spada prepared. If he lost, the Quincies would've seen that and didn't see him as enemy, making him a wild card. And since he maybe knew the danger he would've known that Soul Society would ask for his help at some point.

Fuck anything is possible with Aizen.

10/10

well played

Kain

Because the dude doesn't give any fucks in front of the most dangerous man in the world. He must pack some serious heat if he is so confident in that situation. And Aizen knows it (they said at one point that all the captains are aware of the other captains Bankais, right? except Aizen's of course).

That or he truly is a guy who doesn't care about anything, but that would be lame. Oh wait this is Bleach.

Does anybody knows how Aizen and Yhwach would rule the world after the Soul King? I mean, Yhwach seems to want revenge for something, Aizen seems to want power. But how would they prevent the destruction of the worlds with the King's death? Anyway, this King doesn't even seems to "rule" something, does he even communicate with the other shinigami? Dude looks like some sort of crystalline entity who keeps the balance of the worlds and nothing more. I mean, if Aizen destroys the zero division, who would oppose him? Ichibe Hyosube looks like the man in charge there.

Eusis

Does anybody knows how Aizen and Yhwach would rule the world after the Soul King? I mean, Yhwach seems to want revenge for something, Aizen seems to want power. But how would they prevent the destruction of the worlds with the King's death? Anyway, this King doesn't even seems to "rule" something, does he even communicate with the other shinigami? Dude looks like some sort of crystalline entity who keeps the balance of the worlds and nothing more.
Maybe Yhwach wants to reform what remains after into his own ideal form (or just eat all the free floating souls) and similar for Aizen. I wonder if it's possible Aizen wanted to slip into his place though, rather than just reshape everything after it all fell apart.

Certainly I'd hope both had something more interesting in mind for afterwards, it'd be lame for it to just be about destroying everything with nothing in mind afterwards.

Maybe Yhwach wants to reform what remains after into his own ideal form (or just eat all the free floating souls) and similar for Aizen. I wonder if it's possible Aizen wanted to slip into his place though, rather than just reshape everything after it all fell apart.

Certainly I'd hope both had something more interesting in mind for afterwards, it'd be lame for it to just b about destroying everything with nothing in mind afterwards.

Yeah, I'd love to see Kubo pulling some interesting or unexpected motive behind it all.

Ventara

Oh man, it's hilarious and amazing how this could all be a part of Aizen's plan. But I doubt it. That'd be a bit too much of a stretch, and he's not all-knowing, so it's highly unlikely he can plan that far ahead. Unless that's his bankai or something, lol.

On a side note, what would you guys say would be the worst way for Kubo to ruin Aizen's character? I say a backstory where we see a sad, sympathetic story of why poor, young Aizen decided to become Soul King/strongest/whatever.

Nicely done. Needs to be more smug, though.

*Aizen shows up*

ALLHAILAIZEN.png

Oh shiiiiiit! And Momo is the true love interest, right?

I wouldn't mind this at all.

Top Bottom