• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

ohlawd

Enjoyed this chapter if only to see Nanao being badass, although already wondering which Vice Captain is gonna level up next. It's probably Matsumoto isn't it.

her lifespan's been drastically reduced

I propose her upgrade involves cats and multiple lives or being alive and dead at the same time

Linkark07

Banned
So wait is he dating his niece?

Also that sword is awfully convenient.

Like almost everything in Bleach.

Personally, only keeping tabs on Bleach because I want to see how this will end. But yeah, my enjoyment of Bleach ended after Soul Society arc. I was still interested a little when Ichigo was learning how to control his hollow powers.

There are still some interesting parts of Bleach though, like the story of the vizards and the story of Masaki and Isshin.

ok, is anyone else super disappointed with Shunsui? He's been hyped up as being super strong since the Soul Society arc, and now he just turns into a fucking scrub? I don't give two shits about Nanao, I wanted to see Shunsui kick ass and take names.

ok, is anyone else super disappointed with Shunsui? He's been hyped up as being super strong since the Soul Society arc, and now he just turns into a fucking scrub? I don't give two shits about Nanao, I wanted to see Shunsui kick ass and take names.
Him, Ukitake, and Unohana were massively disappointing.

Syntsui

Mayuri and Kenpachi for Commander for maximum fun management in Soul Society.

Kenpachi is the biggest disappointment in the whole arc. He was always considered a monster, finally got a shikai, then got completely wrecked by a fucking floating hand.

Linkark07

Banned

It isn't only Shunsui. The captains always fight a Quincy, which particularly, has an specific counter to their abilities.

It isn't only Shunsui. The captains always fight a Quincy, which particularly, has an specific counter to their abilities.

The other captains have had their time in the spotlight though. Hitsugaya has always been a jobber, Mayuri had his epic moment with Szayel Aporro, Soi Fon fought Barrigan, Kenpachi has been shown a lot, Byakuya has been shown a lot, etc. etc.

Shunsui and Ukitake hadn't been used to their fullest at all, and then Kubo uses them in an extremely lackluster way. What a joke.

At least Komamura, Rukia, and Renji had great fights.

scarlet

Fuck I miss Kenpachi...well the way he was during the SS arc.
Also I just checked the Bleach wiki
Unohana wtf....
Now I know Tite is reaching

I still don't get why Tite had to killed Unohana. She was one of their main healer other than Orihime.

And her bankai is vague as fuck.

Dynedom

Shinsui had his moment with Stark. I don't think people should be ignoring that. Strongest capitain versus strongest Espada. He didn't release Bankai but at least he finally revealed the abilities of his Shikai.

Ukitake is the true loser out of all of this. He has revealed jack shit.

I'm guessing we'll see Shinji's bankai against the Valkyrie but I'm morbidly curious about Love's. Surely they won't go without revealing it? Even Rose's bankai was revealed, for god's sake.

Shinsui had his moment with Stark. I don't think people should be ignoring that. Strongest capitain versus strongest Espada. He didn't release Bankai but at least he finally revealed the abilities of his Shikai.

Ukitake is the true loser out of all of this. He has revealed jack shit.

I'm guessing we'll see Shinji's bankai against the Valkyrie but I'm morbidly curious about Love's. Surely they won't go without revealing it? Even Rose's bankai was revealed, for god's sake.

he managed to beat Starrk without his bankai though, so it just made the viewer imagine how much stronger he would be with it, and now we see his Bankai and it's jack shit.

I would also like to see Love's bankai, and Shinji's bankai. Rose's bankai was cool af, I think he got gipped too, but it did give us the cool Renji fight so eh.

he managed to beat Starrk without his bankai though, so it just made the viewer imagine how much stronger he would be with it, and now we see his Bankai and it's jack shit.

I would also like to see Love's bankai, and Shinji's bankai. Rose's bankai was cool af, I think he got gipped too, but it did give us the cool Renji fight so eh.

Rose was yet another victim of "Mid-battle Verbal Diarrhea Syndrome." :/

Aizen's Bankai is the one I really wanted to see, though. That + a hollow mask would've been more than overpowered without any of the braindead "Hougyoku is the 8th Dragon Ball" nonsense.

scarlet

Rose was yet another victim of "Mid-battle Verbal Diarrhea Syndrome." :/

Aizen's Bankai is the one I really wanted to see, though. That + a hollow mask would've been more than overpowered without any of the braindead "Hougyoku is the 8th Dragon Ball" nonsense.

But he doesn't have zanpakuto anymore.

His Shikai is already overpowered.

Eh? His bankai drowns the opponent with regarding, infects them with disease, and snipes off heads. Only ones surviving that are ywhach's elites, ywhach, haschwalth, Ichigo, and Aizen. Shunsui just got another God entity as his opponent which means jobbed. I expect the miracle dude is going to take out nearly everyone, ice boy will arrive, show off, get defeated, and then 69 Jr. who was taken out earlier will show up in bankai to beat the miracle.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aizen faked his bankai to the Gotei 13 using his actual shikai. He might not even have one and he definitely doesn't need one.

Shinji's I want to see. Ukitake too, but unless we get a flashback, I doubt that's ever going to happen now... :/ He had really neat attacks in the video games he was in.

ohlawd

Shinji's hilarious. there's no one else like him. he talks big with nothing to back it up. I think he's had two fights this arc and he was offscreened on both

and remember when Kensei was in resolve mode due to Wonderweiss wrecking Mashiro but couple chapters later Weiss pops up to face Yamamoto

man, fuck the Vizards except Hachi (dat Kido) and Lisa (because she's Lisa)

Radec

Shinji's hilarious. there's no one else like him. he talks big with nothing to back it up. I think he's had two fights this arc and he was offscreened on both

and remember when Kensei was in resolve mode due to Wonderweiss wrecking Mashiro but couple chapters later Weiss pops up to face Yamamoto

man, fuck the Vizards except Hachi (dat Kido) and Lisa (because she's Lisa)

Hachi got a really OP power. I doubt they can defeat Barragan without him back then.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ukitake too, but unless we get a flashback, I doubt that's ever going to happen now... :/ He had really neat attacks in the video games he was in.

I don't think Ukitake's actually dead. He's gonna have to show up at the end to become the new soul king at least.

Aizen faked his bankai to the Gotei 13 using his actual shikai. He might not even have one and he definitely doesn't need one.

Shinji's I want to see. Ukitake too, but unless we get a flashback, I doubt that's ever going to happen now... :/ He had really neat attacks in the video games he was in.
Shinji's turns the world upside-down and backwards for his opponent. His problem was that he used it against Aizen, so obviously that wasn't going to go anywhere for him.

Shinji's turns the world upside-down and backwards for his opponent. His problem was that he used it against Aizen, so obviously that wasn't going to go anywhere for him.

No the problem was that in typical Kubo fashion he flat out told Aizen how it worked instead of simply attacking him in his confusion. I wonder if he's ever heard of internal monologues...or displaying the character's thoughts as they reason through what's happening to them (HxH style)

No the problem was that in typical Kubo fashion he flat out told Aizen how it worked instead of simply attacking him in his confusion. I wonder if he's ever heard of internal monologues...or displaying the character's thoughts as they reason through what's happening to them (HxH style)
While I agree that that was idiotic, I think his explanation included a part that says something like, even if you know how it works, you can't do anything about it. Well, that turned out to be false.

Eusis

Probably should have just had Aizen figure it out and adapt to it then explain it himself. Guess that overpowers him even more but it fits with Aizen's capabilities anyway and makes Shinji not look like a fucking imbecile.

Wasn't there some fight with Rose were the entire reason he lost is because he told his enemy how his powers worked? I think it was the wrestler quincy.

Eh? His bankai drowns the opponent with regarding, infects them with disease, and snipes off heads. Only ones surviving that are ywhach's elites, ywhach, haschwalth, Ichigo, and Aizen. Shunsui just got another God entity as his opponent which means jobbed. I expect the miracle dude is going to take out nearly everyone, ice boy will arrive, show off, get defeated, and then 69 Jr. who was taken out earlier will show up in bankai to beat the miracle.

idk, it just seems disappointing to me.

Wasn't there some fight with Rose were the entire reason he lost is because he told his enemy how his powers worked? I think it was the wrestler quincy.

yeah, he told him that the music was the point of his bankai, and then the quincy smashed his own eardrums

if he had kept quiet about how his bankai worked he would have won (probably)

Chariot

Well makes sense this time really she was more Kido trained and never really bothered with sword training.
It always make "sense" in Kubo's story, because he just have the women be weaker and less trained than the men. Notable exceptions are Unohana, who never got a real fight and was killed off-screen to strengthen a man and Yoruichi and Sui Feng, who are genuinly cool and weren't yet worf'd by a male. Mell is out of the race, since she also didn't manage to finish a fight without being saved by a man. But other than that the other girls and women don't get to enjoy their little moments because somehow always a male has to drop in. Kubo seems to have a complex about letting woman shine by themselves.

I mean, it's true, it would be weird if she would be able to use it perfectly on the first shot, but this is a trend in Kubo's story and it rather annoys me. He could've written something that enabled her to user it properly. But he chose to have it something she isn't good or trained at.

waste of a chapter imo

oh well, I'm glad Shunsui isn't out of the fight. Hopefully there's more to his Bankai too, but that might be pushing it.

edit: I get where you're coming from Chariot, but how can you care about Nanao at all? Shunsui is literally infinitely more interesting than her.

Was Shunsui the captain of squad 8 before? I'm also guessing the guy dying on his bed giving Shunsui something was his brother who kinda looked like Ginjo

Chariot

edit: I get where you're coming from Chariot, but how can you care about Nanao at all? Shunsui is literally infinitely more interesting than her.
Not a particular fan of Nanao, she barely didn't do anything but exist so far. I am just annoyed that his is yet another "look, a female get's a moment to shine - psych!"-moment. We already had this with Rukia this arc.

Joni

His brother is dead, and then the brother's wife dies, and then she gets executed, and then his brother dies?
I remember why I need anime, it is because I can't read manga.

I don't imagine he will, since then the Captain Commander spot would be vacant again, with no viable candidate to take it over.

Ichigo, duh.
Aizen please

His brother is dead, and then the brother's wife dies, and then she gets executed, and then his brother dies?
I remember why I need anime, it is because I can't read manga.

I'm so lost on Shunsui's backstory. I just can't remember any of it.

so this is what I got from the past few chapters.

Shunsui's brother marries Nanao's mom
His brother dies because of the "Ise Curse"
Nanao's mom begs Shunsui to take her zanpakutou in order to spare Nanao from the curse, since she thinks it has something to do with the sword
Nanao's mom gets executed for losing a sacred treasure of soul society

Shunsui is burdened by the fact that people he care about entrust him with their precious things, and wants to help Nanao to lighten his burden (I assume the burden she put on him of the possibility of her death).

so yeah, that's what I got. I can't discern when exactly he became a captain of the gotei 13, but I think it was after the mom's execution, since Nanao makes note of his kimino and how it looked like her mom's.

Not a particular fan of Nanao, she barely didn't do anything but exist so far. I am just annoyed that his is yet another "look, a female get's a moment to shine - psych!"-moment. We already had this with Rukia this arc.

I mean Rukia did defeat As Nodt, but Byakuya kind of showed her up a little bit, so yeah you're kind of right. I would like to see a woman taking care of business in Bleach, but not in a fight with an already established and interesting character.

I would have liked to see Unohana fight the Sternritter and Zaraki power up a different way.

so yeah, that's what I got. I can't discern when exactly he became a captain of the gotei 13, but I think it was after the mom's execution, since Nanao makes note of his kimino and how it looked like her mom's
I think he was already a captain at that time. He and Ukitake are supposed to be the oldest captains (not sure how that compares to the Squad Zero guys, though).

Mr Git

Fuck I miss Kenpachi...well the way he was during the SS arc.
Also I just checked the Bleach wiki
Unohana wtf....
Now I know Tite is reaching

Kenpachi was even consistently good in the HM and Fullbringer arcs. His brief appearance in the latter was very Kenpachi. I wonder why he doesn't remember he should fight using both hands.

Joni

Ichigo, duh.
Aizen please

so this is what I got from the past few chapters.

Shunsui's brother marries Nanao's mom
His brother dies because of the "Ise Curse"
Nanao's mom begs Shunsui to take her zanpakutou in order to spare Nanao from the curse, since she thinks it has something to do with the sword
Nanao's mom gets executed for losing a sacred treasure of soul society

Shunsui is burdened by the fact that people he care about entrust him with their precious things, and wants to help Nanao to lighten his burden (I assume the burden she put on him of the possibility of her death).

so yeah, that's what I got. I can't discern when exactly he became a captain of the gotei 13, but I think it was after the mom's execution, since Nanao makes note of his kimino and how it looked like her mom's.
But who was that on the death bed that gave him the pins?

Top Bottom