• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Teases Work On New Konami Projects After Silent Hill 2

Edder1

Found him boys. The one person on earth staying salty that SH2R is an absolutely incredible game.

It must suck to just be the only person hating on a game everyone else is celebrating and praising.
This is a silly comment considering nobody or very few people other than reviewers actually played the game before release. Let's actually wait and see what the fans say once they actually played the game.

As for reviewers, then we've seen to many times in modern age where they fail to mention many faults of big releases. Also, there are plenty ot reviews that criticise sertain aspects of the game, but still say it's a competent remake.

As for my comment, everything I mentioned there is a valid criticism, but if you think that criticising something you like is unacceptable then that's a you problem.

And btw, I've seen plenty of people on social media disliking aspects of this remake, so please open your eyes and stop seeing only what you wanna see.

Last edited:

a'la mode

Neo Member
The OG director of SH2 is on X now. Some insights from him. Is it too much to hope Tsuboyama will return to the series?

The English language tweets might come off as him feeling slightly negative about it, but in a Japanese tweet he is very positive about it, being "glad that it's a legitimate evolution of Silent Hill 2".

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I would say work on remakes for a while and not a new project. Bloober seems good with technology and keepting true to an artistic vision, problem is when its internally they have to do it with a story, it ends up being just "ok".

I would say work on remakes for a while and not a new project. Bloober seems good with technology and keepting true to an artistic vision, problem is when its internally they have to do it with a story, it ends up being just "ok".
Could also be that writing a new story today is a bit more difficult thanks to the checkbox system. Many of the old stories could probably not written like this any more thanks to „modern audiences“. If they remake an old game they don’t have this issue.

Last edited:

Facism

Wish they were good enough with the technology to have done something about the stuttering on all versions of the game tbh.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
bloober if you are reading i’d be down with a direct sequel about adult laura going back that uses that cancelled “fear in daylight” setting that was going to be used for team silent’s silent hill 5.

Seomel

Neo Member
TBH, I'd prefer Konami checking the player feedback after Silent Hill 2 to see if Bloober is worth collaborating with again. Not to mention that we're flooded with remakes already, with little to no brand new titles.
I think concious is generally very positive. Its crazy how many people turned around on it

Top Bottom