• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne on pc now boots via emulator

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Here are the mods he used. It's Complete RT Reshade (which is screen-space RTGI Reshade). That's the one that tanks performance. He does not use any Path Tracing Mods. If he was running Path Tracing AND Reshade Ray Tracing, he'd be getting 5fps on the RTX 4070.

GV6Yc6JWgAAPOIw
Eh that’s just reshade, the mods I am talking about have to be installed differently. I’m coming home from work and going to look into it. I saw a tutorial about it but It was late and I was sleepy, af.
One of those last minute things before crashing out, I guess.

Last edited:

nial

Sony watching the only reason to buy a PS4 slowly drift away from their hands:
Why would they care about that? PS4 has been discontinued for over half a year already.
I don't get this whole "Sony has to act fast!" thing, I swear everyone would still buy an official PC port of Bloodborne just so they can have it on their Steam library. Same thing with something like say, Breath of the Wild. if Nintendo released late PC ports as well, in spite of it being easily available through emulation.

MagusMajul

why do moders announce all these projects to the public they will just get shut down. They should wait till it's done and then release it into the wild.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
then by the end of next year this game will be running at 4k 120 FPS on rigs powerful enough to play it
Optimizations are intense and all over the place. On one version, it had my gpu running hot and was running at 60fps, with graphical errors abound. On another version, my GPU was running cool, 60 FPS and with much less graphical errors. Optimization of resources is key.

Rosoboy19

My son games on pc and loves FromSoft. He wants to play this game so bad. We aren’t buying a PlayStation just for one game and Sony won’t give us a pc option so…here I am, watching with anticipation.

giphy.gif

GHG

Wow!
And I was wondering if they were overly focused on Bloodborne. Looks like the advancements there will also carry over to other games.

This will be in a crazy state by end year

No, as mentioned before in this thread, the advancements and improvements made with bloodborne will benefit the emulator as a whole.

Bloodborne is just the game that everyone wants to work on because it's what everyone wants to play.

Holammer

RDR is debateably playable with audio. Lots of visual jank and timing problems. Devil May Cry 4 starts, got some audio and looks pretty good if you can look past the seizure inducing flicker. It crashes after the tutorial bit.

In completely unrelated news, I got myself a new HD.

vP1DXEN.png

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
RDR is debateably playable with audio. Lots of visual jank and timing problems. Devil May Cry 4 starts, got some audio and looks pretty good if you can look past the seizure inducing flicker. It crashes after the tutorial bit.

In completely unrelated news, I got myself a new HD.

vP1DXEN.png

I can't understand why people loses time testing games that have native PC version.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Are PC bastards really going to play Bloodborne at 4k60 before PS bros? What a coup. Hopefully Sony remaster Spider-Man 2 for the Pro so they've got something new to play at least.
It seems likely. I mean, we're seeing them get the game in a fully playable state, while mods are being created. Side-by-side.
There are even people messing with the game engine so that they can fix the frame pacing.

I've been looking at these videos and reading comments, but it's not clear: Is the game fully playable albeit with some missing graphics, or like what's the next big hurdle they have to overcome?

Holammer

I've been looking at these videos and reading comments, but it's not clear: Is the game fully playable albeit with some missing graphics, or like what's the next big hurdle they have to overcome?
It's unstable and prone to crashing, more so if you unlock framerate. But as Tinto suggested, we might be playing BB in an enjoyable state for Halloween.
Personally I'm more interested in seeing news about general compatibility increasing, that's a good sign for emulators.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Lighting and shading in a lot of places is still completely broken. A lot of effects aren’t rendered properly and some zones have massive performance drops.

You could likely play it, but it’s still unstable and unfinished.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Ok this is actually getting crazy, I've never seen an emulator progress this quickly. Xbox emulation still in the stone age by comparison.
Makes sense, PS4 is basically an ancient PC at this point in time. So emulation progress should be rapid compared to something like the PS3. Xbox One could probably make even faster progress, but almost the entire library is on PC and Microsoft's console security has been a bit nuts since the One.

FingerBang

It would seem that every day that passes, the game reaches a better state.
Menus seem almost perfect. Still missing lighting effects, and there is slowdown when traversing some areas.

This is happening so fast that it makes you wonder why getting a working PS4 emulator has taken so long. Anyway, I'm aware the final 20% or so of any project sometimes takes longer than the first 20%, but the pace of progress is nonetheless impressive.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It would seem that every day that passes, the game reaches a better state.
Menus seem almost perfect. Still missing lighting effects, and there is slowdown when traversing some areas.

How do we get those specific builds? It's hard to find on github.

Top Bottom