• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained 2 Director stepping down due to cancer diagnosis

Draugoth

Gold Member
Shutaro Iida on Twitter

:

私、カレー小僧、カレー仙人ことSHUTAROはガンと診断され闘病生活を始める事となりました。
Bloodstainedの続編は既に私のほうで話、ゲームなどの構想は出来ております。今後は分担して引き継いでもらいます。
応援よろしくお願いいたします。
I, SHUTARO, also known as Curry Boy and Curry Sage, have been diagnosed with cancer and have begun my battle with the disease.
I have already started talking about the sequel to Bloodstained, and have ideas for the game and such. From now on, we will have them share the responsibilities.
Thank you for your support.

Koji Igarashi (producer) comment:

これまで、DSシリーズやブラッドステインドは実質的にSHUTAROディレクターを中心に制作を行ってきました。正に彼の作品と言えるでしょう。
そんな彼がプロジェクトから遠ざかるのは大変な痛手ですが、それに負けぬよう頑張ります。
また一緒に仕事ができるまで回復することを期待します。
Up until now, the DS series and Bloodstained have essentially been produced primarily by Director SHUTARO. It can truly be called his work.
It is a great blow to have him step away from the project, but we will do our best not to be defeated by it.
I hope that you will recover quickly enough to work with us again.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Fuck cancer

Time passes and I'm shocked we're still trailing for treatments. Feels like its been 30 years of "yea we're almost there!"
I feel like it's all a masquerade. Many cure to many disease probably are known but the society needs its healthcare network to be running. Otherwise many job would be lost, elitist wouldn't make as much money and so on. It sounds sick but this has to be the reality, madness like this is all around us so it's why I wouldn't be surprised at all.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I feel like it's all a masquerade. Many cure to many disease probably are known but the society needs its healthcare network to be running. Otherwise many job would be lost, elitist wouldn't make as much money and so on. It sounds sick but this has to be the reality, madness like this is all around us so it's why I wouldn't be surprised at all.
I work in R&D for a medical device manufacturer. Trust me, if we had a cure for cancer we’d release it and make an absolute shitload of money from it. Even the rumors that we had such a thing would send the stock price through the roof and make our shareholders very happy. Nobody’s sitting on a cure just for the sake of keeping the “system” going or whatever.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I work in R&D for a medical device manufacturer. Trust me, if we had a cure for cancer we’d release it and make an absolute shitload of money from it. Even the rumors that we had such a thing would send the stock price through the roof and make our shareholders very happy. Nobody’s sitting on a cure just for the sake of keeping the “system” going or whatever.
Well I think otherwise. Was I talking to you?

Reactions: Isa

Cyberpunkd

W
Fuck cancer

Time passes and I'm shocked we're still trailing for treatments. Feels like its been 30 years of "yea we're almost there!"
We are not trailing. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy are very effective, the problem is cancers being detected in late stage III or IV, at that point you can’t do much. Vast majority of cancers remain treatable. Context: I had cancer.

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn that sucks.
Hopefully they caught it early and he makes a full recovery

Fuck cancer

There have been advancements and improvements in treatment. As far as I'm aware a big complexity is that all forms of cancer are different, it's very unlikely we'll find a single big cure for it. From my understanding the most realistic "treatment" we can hope to achieve in the near to mid future are better and cheaper forms of screening, a lot of cancers are highly treatable as long as you find them early.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Cure for cancer would be more beneficial longterm if given for free or a affordable price. Curing cancer would retain workers and society wants workers to work as long as they can.

Now when it comes to World Hunger I doubt that'll ever happen. Companies want you to buy as much as possible.

DenimDevil

Neo Member
Cure for cancer would be more beneficial longterm if given for free or a affordable price. Curing cancer would retain workers and society wants workers to work as long as they can.

Now when it comes to World Hunger I doubt that'll ever happen. Companies want you to buy as much as possible.
Beneficial to whom? Big Pharma?
The current trend is society needs less and less workers, and preferrably young and cheap. Cancer his mostly older people, and the cancer industry is real. Too much money involved.

Reactions: Isa

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah this sucks.

He has my best wishes for as little as those are worth.

Ntb1ESd.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom