• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

duckroll

The shadows don't "evolve" but instead there's a special attack in the game called "Real" which is similar to limit breaks in FF games. When you meet the criteria to go "Real" the characters will detach from their shadows which take on a more complete form and pull off really impressive longer attack animations in battles.

There are probably plot elements which involve the Real element too, so that's when you'll see the true forms of the shadows.

duckroll

BenjaminBirdie said:
Is it wrong of me to wish I hadn't seen that? I suppose there's no way I could've never found about that until it happened in game...

People on information blackout would not be reading this thread. ^_^

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BenjaminBirdie said:
Is it wrong of me to wish I hadn't seen that? I suppose there's no way I could've never found about that until it happened in game...
Well IIRC we had already seen Shu's attack of this type during the TGS demo.

duckroll

Blimblim said:
Well IIRC we had already seen Shu's attack of this type during the TGS demo.

Zora's attack was also shown in a seperate boss battle for press behind closed doors. No one released a video of that though, I think they increased the security after the first leak. :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
Zora's attack was also shown in a seperate boss battle for press behind closed doors. No one released a video of that though, I think they increased the security after the first leak. :lol
Don't remind me of this, I'm still pissed off by this whole thing :(

Piper Az

BenjaminBirdie said:
AW.

I just want it to be out, so MS can release the Press Release about the sales, and so that said press release can contain the release date for the states.

I'm sure the localization has begun already. I'm going to bet on it coming out in Spring '07.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm sure it has been mentioned already but thought I'd post it again. Here is the Blue Dragon achievements list:

# 1. Successful Back Attack - Successfully pull off a back attack (5 points)
# 2. 100 Back Attacks - Successfully pull off 100 back attacks (30 points)
# 3. Successful Simultaneous Encounter - Successfully pull off a simultaneous encounter (5 points)
# 4. Simultaneous Encounter, Over 10 Parties - Successfully pull off over 10 parties of simultaneous encounters and defeat all the monsters (30 points)
# 5. 100 Monster Fights - Set up over 100 monster fights (30 points)
# 6. Rare Monster "Ousama Unchi-kun" - Defeat Ousama Unchikun (30 points)
# 7. Rare Monster "Golden Unchi-Snake" - Defeat Golden Unchi-Snake (30 points)
# 8. Rare Monster "Gold Mecha Robo" - Defeat Gold Mecha Robo (30 points)
# 9. Mechat Shooting, ST1, Perfect - Clear Mechat shooting with no damage (30 points)
# 10. Wagon Defense, Perfect - Clear wagon defense with no damage (30 points)
# 11. Dragon, 1 Category Rank MAX - Max out the rank of one category for Dragon (30 points)
# 12. Minotaur, 1 Category Rank MAX - Max out the rank of one category for Minotaur (30 points)
# 13. Phoenix, 1 Category Rank MAX - Max out the rank of one category for Phoenix (30 points)
# 14. Dragon, All Category Rank MAX - Max out the rank of all categories for Dragon (50 points)
# 15. Minotaur, All Category Rank MAX - Max out the rank of all categories for Minotaur (50 points)
# 16. Phoenix, All Category Rank MAX - Max out the rank of all categories for Phoenix (50 points)
# 17. All Characters Level MAX - Get all characters to level 99 (50 points)
# 18. Rare Item "Ultimate Weapon Bracelet" - Find the rare item Ultimate Weapon Bracelet (10 points)
# 19. Rare Item "Ultimate Conflict Necklace" - Find the rare item Ultimate Conflict Necklace (10 points)
# 20. Rare Item "Dragon Bracelet" - Find the rare item Dragon Bracelet (10 points)
# 21. All Warp Clip Set - Activate all warp monuments (25 points)
# 22. All Barriers Released - Release all barriers (25 points)
# 23. Monster Dictionary Complete - Complete all entries in the monster dictionary (25 points)
# 24. Item Dictionary Complete - Complete all entries in the item dictionary (25 points)
# 25. 1,000,000 Gold Accumulated - Accumulate 1,000,000 gold (25 points)

duckroll

Okay, this is the 3rd time that has popped up, so I think it's time to add an Achievements section to the first post. This thread is getting too big.

I'll also leave space for the secret achievements as we'll be updating as we play. :D

ah ok i see now... OMG OUSAMA !? i didn't know this game would be so engaged politicaly.

Btw 30 points is weak for an optionnal "ultimate" boss, they don't seem to be that powerful .

duckroll

Doomgaze-MWFR said:
ah ok i see now... OMG OUSAMA !? i didn't know this game would be so engaged politicaly.

Huh? Ousama is just King. That's.... King Poopy btw, and Golden Poop Snake.... Yeah Toriyama loves poop.

Btw 30 points is weak for an optionnal "ultimate" boss, they don't seem to be that powerful .

I don't think they're "ultimate" bosses, but optional rare enemies. 30 points is actually quite a lot when you compare it with the standard Blue Dragon is using. You get 50 points for getting all 5 characters to lvl99. ^^;

There are 18 secret Achievements too, and I think most of the spoiler stuff are hidden there. Makes sense, since you wouldn't REALLY want to know all the secrets of the game just by looking at the public achievements do you? :)

duckroll said:
but optional rare enemies

That was what i meant

duckroll said:
There are 18 secret Achievements too, and I think most of the spoiler stuff are hidden there. Makes sense, since you wouldn't REALLY want to know all the secrets of the game just by looking at the public achievements do you?

Ah ok, great

I quickly made a joke video for Blue Dragon concerning the many shades of the main character. It is basically the official trailer set to the music of Earth Wind and Fire

Trailer (right click to save-as)

duckroll

You know, I don't really care what happens in other threads most of the time, but now I'm getting offended. Why is it that certain things have a zero tolerance policy from the mods on GAF like joking about Itagaki's sexual harrassment, using the word "fag" or "homo" even jokingly, but crap like RAPE TIME gets allowed and even encouraged at times.

RAPE TIME is an old joke, it's really quite lame and by now I personally find it offensive. How is photoshopping RAPE TIME onto pics that really have nothing to do with rape and everyone going "HA HA HA!" over it any different from making jokes about sexual harassment or sexual crime jokes in general? It's just as offensive and should no be condoned. :(

PhatSaqs

Banned
duckroll said:
You know, I don't really care what happens in other threads most of the time, but now I'm getting offended. Why is it that certain things have a zero tolerance policy from the mods on GAF like joking about Itagaki's sexual harrassment, using the word "fag" or "homo" even jokingly, but crap like RAPE TIME gets allowed and even encouraged at times.

RAPE TIME is an old joke, it's really quite lame and by now I personally find it offensive. How is photoshopping RAPE TIME onto pics that really have nothing to do with rape and everyone going "HA HA HA!" over it any different from making jokes about sexual harassment or sexual crime jokes in general? It's just as offensive and should no be condoned. :(
Seriously. Rape is nothing to laugh about. It should be treated just as "fag" and the like are treated IMO.

duckroll said:

Yup, pretty much. I can't say that after seeing the gag on GAF the idea didn't pop into my head regarding that particular Blue Dragon image, but c'mon. A bunch of men sitting around making cracks about raping women is disrespectful and creepy as hell. I wouldn't be sorry at all to see it hit the zero-tolerance list.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
duckroll said:

WTF duckroll. If you know how he is on IRC you'd know this post is a lot of crock :p

duckroll

Tempy said:
WTF duckroll. If you know how he is on IRC you'd know this post is a lot of crock :p

Do you really think that everyone should be allowed to behave on forums like we do on IRC? People have been banned here for less. :p

Hunahan

Banned
duckroll said:

The irony is that the people on this board also seem the most adamently convinced that video games are "maturing" and "reaching a wider audience." You read thread after thread about how awesome everyone apparently thinks that the Wii is for trying to expand the female demographic, and then watch the same people turn around and joke about how they can't stop thinking every single picture of a female, from adverts to games, is showing someone about to be raped, regardless of whether she's 5 or 40. No, I'm pretty sure the date-less nerds are still the primary video game market if this forum is any indication.

It's really just rather embarrassing by this point, but since I've hardly got enough street cred under my belt to criticize around here, I mostly just keep quiet on the subject.

The funniest joke I've seen is that these same people apparently feel threatened by Final Fantasy XIII's main heroine possibly being female. That's more or less confirmation that the source of these jokes rests firmly in the fact they are genuinely insecure in their manhoods, eh. And see, that right there is honestly funny. Either that or pathetic, you be the judge.

C4Lukins

Hunahan said:
The irony is that the people on this board also seem the most adamently convinced that video games are "maturing" and "reaching a wider audience." You read thread after thread about how awesome everyone apparently thinks that the Wii is for trying to expand the female demographic, and then watch the same people turn around and joke about how they can't stop thinking every single picture of a female, from adverts to games, is showing someone about to be raped, regardless of whether she's 5 or 40. No, I'm pretty sure the date-less nerds are still the primary video game market if this forum is any indication.

It's really just rather embarrassing by this point, but since I've hardly got enough street cred under my belt to criticize around here, I mostly just keep quiet on the subject.

The funniest joke I've seen is that these same people apparently feel threatened by Final Fantasy XIII's main heroine possibly being female. That's more or less confirmation that the source of these jokes rests firmly in the fact they are genuinely insecure in their manhoods, eh. And see, that right there is honestly funny. Either that or pathetic, you be the judge.

Hulahan, you sound like an absolute blast to hangout with. Somewhere between the holier then thou art and the elitist attitude, I fell in love with you. The gross assumptions you make throughout that genius of a speech and broad strokes of massive generalizations that are not even close to being accurate just gets me so freaken hot.

duckroll

Okay guys, if you want to discuss about this stuff, there's another thread that's on-going on OT now. Let's not derail this thread any further. :D

In other news... err... two days to Blue Dragon! YAY!

Game looks hot. No region code?

1cr9.jpg

Sorry if I offended anyone, but wasn't there already a bunch of images identical to the one I posted on GAF? People use those "rape" joke images all the time on forums.

I'll remove it though so it doesn't derail the thread or something.

duckroll

Karma Kramer said:
Sorry if I offended anyone, but wasn't there already a bunch of images identical to the one I posted on GAF? People use those "rape" joke images all the time on forums.

I'll remove it though so it doesn't derail the thread or something.

Yeah there were, and it's a really old joke. But whatever, no more derailment! *hugs* :D

Mark Gonzales said:
Game looks hot. No region code?

I'll check the Asian version when I pick it up this week, but the JPN version is pretty much 100% region locked, since no JPN game has been region-free to this date.

duckroll said:

agreed...I find it rather bizare how the word 'rape' seems to be thrown around so casually here...

peace

duckroll said:
I'll check the Asian version when I pick it up this week, but the JPN version is pretty much 100% region locked, since no JPN game has been region-free to this date.

NO chance of english subs I suppose?

duckroll

ChrisAllenFiz said:
NO chance of english subs I suppose?

Not this release, no. There will be another Asian release closer to or at the same time as the US release which will have English options. That's the norm.

duckroll said:
Not this release, no. There will be another Asian release closer to or at the same time as the US release which will have English options. That's the norm.

Ah well,no blue dragon christmas for me. Hurry with the regionalisation guys!

tsef

Please let there be no region code and english subs on the asian version !

Edit :

Damn owned :'(

duckroll

tsef said:
Please let there be no region code and english subs on the asian version !

There are no english subs. Damnit people, it's out on the SAME DAY as Japan, it's the EXACT SAME VERSION.

Deathcraze said:
:lol Looks like Phantasy Star Universe's theme song has competition! Barring that, I find the rest of the music appealing.

It's an good track WITHOUT the lyrics, I think. A tad ridiculous, though.

Maybe it'll work in-game? :D

Ginko

Nice scan. So they have "Real" mode instead of evolving, but wait, didn't they say in the manga that dragons can form shape of other species? I think they have it in the game, no? I mean that scan shows a couple of blue dragons in other shapes and forms.

duckroll

Ginko said:
Nice scan. So they have "Real" mode instead of evolving, but wait, didn't they say in the manga that dragons can form shape of other species? I think they have it in the game, no? I mean that scan shows a couple of blue dragons in other shapes and forms.

No, each character has a different type of shadow. There's only one blue DRAGON in the game.

Ginko

duckroll said:
No, each character has a different type of shadow. There's only one blue DRAGON in the game.
Ahhh, makes sense. But in the scan they have the shadows (except the dragon) evolved into other forms, care to explain :D?

Top Bottom