• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO Wkd 06•16-18•17 - Queen is dethroned, all hail McQueen, ScarJo roughed up

GAF only has three casting options. Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender, or someone who has the same hair color as the person they are portraying and was sort of popular 10-20 years ago. GAF's casting crew hasn't updated their head shots since 2003.

So, you have your choice of Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, or Dominic Monaghan for Bobby. If you took Elba, Slayven has to be Michael Fassbender. You'll also need to get Weta Digital on board to get Elba down to the right height. I suppose that you could justify casting four Puerto Rican wrestlers from 20 years ago to play me as a move to get that 4 quadrant audience.

Your choice of directors are currently George Miller or Patty Jenkins. No one else exists here.

1: How dare you, Idris and I are the same height when I'm standing on a hill
2: fuckin #dead at Los Boricuas having a purpose in 2017

Michael Chiklis as Bobby pls.

3063555153_1_13_A7vTsNAu.gif

"...like Disney did with Star Wars..."

GAF only has three casting options. Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender, or someone who has the same hair color as the person they are portraying and was sort of popular 10-20 years ago. GAF's casting crew hasn't updated their head shots since 2003.

So, you have your choice of Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, or Dominic Monaghan for Bobby. If you took Elba, Slayven has to be Michael Fassbender. You'll also need to get Weta Digital on board to get Elba down to the right height. I suppose that you could justify casting four Puerto Rican wrestlers from 20 years ago to play me as a move to get that 4 quadrant audience.

Your choice of directors are currently George Miller or Patty Jenkins. No one else exists here.

First look at Bobby in Patty Jenkins' GAF The Motion Picture

Slayven

Ya, but that was the Man-Thing of GAF movie rights, so the studio happily let their option expire.
I actually watched the Man Thing, don't remember any of it
And now I'm at the top of my game!

if you ignore the currently being sick + having a tire blowout last night + stole Slayven's scooter to pawn on the Internet

I mean I have been classified as a timeless classic

did you change the tire

Mrbob

Patting myself on the back for my prediction of a sub 40 percent drop for Captain Underpants.

Bah. I'd choose Christopher Walken for every role.

kswiston

In this year's edition of superhero film fatigue, we should see this year's 6 live action films clear a $4B total pretty easily. I'm thinking that Logan's $620M will end up being the lowest of the year (not counting Lego Batman). I'm also thinking that the widespread belief earlier this year that Justice League would finish under BvS worldwide won't end up being the case at all. That's the only superhero film that I think has a shot at $1B this year.

In this year's edition of superhero film fatigue, we should see this year's 6 live action films clear a $4B total pretty easily. I'm thinking that Logan's $620M will end up being the lowest of the year (not counting Lego Batman). I'm also thinking that the widespread belief earlier this year that Justice League would finish under BvS worldwide won't end up being the case at all. That's the only superhero film that I think has a shot at $1B this year.

You think Thor does GOTG2 numbers?

BumRush

You think Thor does GOTG2 numbers?

Dark World made 644M, which I would have said was a decent barometer but the trailer was amazing and it has a pretty fun concept (more fun / funny, less serious)

I'm guessing 700M-720M, so about 150M below Guardians.

If Bronson sees it all bets are off.

Don't underestimate Spider-Man.

Pharaun

I hear that Paul W.S. Anderson is pitching his version of GAF: The Movie. Milla Jovovich will play an OC that replaces EviLore as the main character. Everyone else will be relegated to random out of character cameos where they will most likely die horribly.

Bobby is the forum anime expert, Slayven is a font of NFL knowledge, Kswis runs the Media Create sales threads, and Bronson is actually popular.

I think Thor Ragnarok has a shot at passing a billion, especially since there's a lot yet to be shown.

Despite the conservative estimates for Spider-Man, I think it'll do quite well. Maybe not over a billion but maybe topping GotG2.

I'm not sure how Thor will do. I don't think that it will do anything close to GotG2 numbers domestically, but it could be stronger overseas. Especially in China, where Guardians topped out at about $100M (sub Ant-Man).

Yeah, that's my thought on Thor. I think it has a good shot at doing a lot better overseas due to the 'Thor and Hulk's Excellent Adventure' vibes I am getting from it.

kswiston

After ASM2 made $700M I have a hard time believing homecoming makes a billion.

I know this is a different Spider-man that had a good showing in CW, but still...not expecting a $300M impact from that

Amazing Spider-man 2 would lose about $100M of that $700M if it had current exchange rates.

So figure $200M domestic and about $400M overseas with today's rates. To hit the big $1B, Homecoming would have to aim for a $100-150M bump domestically and local currency bump overseas that equates to $250-300M USD.

I'm not going to say it is impossible. Spider-Man is popular and Iron Man is also popular. But given what Civil War did, I don't see it.

EDIT: Also, it's pretty safe to just take whatever B-G-E predicts for an MCU film and subtract 20% from it :p Overpredicting that franchise is his curse.

BumRush

Amazing Spider-man 2 would lose about $100M of that $700M if it had current exchange rates.

So figure $200M domestic and about $400M overseas with today's rates. To hit the big $1B, Homecoming would have to aim for a $100-150M bump domestically and local currency bump overseas that equates to $250-300M USD.

I'm not going to say it is impossible, because Spider-Man is popular and Iron Man is also popular, but given what Civil War did, I don't see it.

Damn I didn't know there was THAT big of a currency swing since 2014. A billion seems super unlikely.

EDIT: Also, it's pretty safe to just take whatever B-G-E predicts for an MCU film and subtract 20% from it :p Overpredicting that franchise is his curse.
Guardians 2 broke the curse, though!

I've got this theory that not only is superhero fatigue not a thing, but the very opposite is happening; the general disappointment of other Hollywood franchises is making people gravitate even more to people in spandex.

Top Bottom