• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Half the time I drive a vehicle, they get stuck on some rock. My biggest complaint about the game so far.

antitrop

oh okay. so i can leave the page and i still get the golden key?
I have no idea. I'm pretty confused and frustrated by the whole thing as well.

Gearbox sure could have done a hell of a lot better job streamlining and explaining all this Pre-order shit, Premiere Club, Season Pass, Shift. I don't know heads or tails of it all. It's too confusing.

What gives you what? How do you get what? How do you know if you have access to A, or B, or C, or X?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Playing on PC, played last night for a few hours with randoms. Now trying to join two friends online but I keep timing out and not joining. IS this because network business right now, or is there something else I can do? They're trying to invite me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Half the time I drive a vehicle, they get stuck on some rock. My biggest complaint about the game so far.

Sounds like Borderlands to me. I thought the driving was abysmal in BL1. Hopefully it's improved (so far it doesn't sound like it has)

I have no idea. I'm pretty confused and frustrated by the whole thing as well.

Gearbox sure could have done a hell of a lot better job streamlining and explaining all this Pre-order shit, Premiere Club, Season Pass, Shift. I don't know heads or tails of it all. It's too confusing.

What gives you what? How do you get what? How do you know if you have access to A, or B, or C, or X?

There still isn't a definitive answer about the Premier Club stuff and why it isn't downloading from the "Downloadable Content" page when it says I've purchased it already. Same with the Season Pass.

Also, how do you guys have your headset settings on Steam? Sound is coming through my headphones everytime I speak - it's like echoing.

antitrop

People mentioned that the got a second golden key for signing up... was that incorrect?
I don't think that requires a Shift code to be inputted, just merely signing up for Shift will get you that.

I think. I've made my frustration for this whole situation very clear in this thread so far.

Avinexus

People mentioned that the got a second golden key for signing up... was that incorrect?

I signed up for it then went to bed. Woke up this morning with another key. I didn't even know it came from the Shift thing. It might take a little while to get it, iunno.

VanWinkle

PS3 version is great for whoever is wondering. Played a couple of hours of it. The game is really really awesome. I'm enjoying it a lot. Improved visuals and framerate, and pop-in is not as bad.

Izayoi

Banned
I don't think that requires a Shift code to be inputted, just merely signing up for Shift will get you that.

I think. I've made my frustration for this whole situation very clear in this thread so far.
I figured it out. Seems you need to restart the game in order to get it to show up on your character, it happens automatically after signing up for Shift. I've got two now.

iNvid02

Tunnelbear won'T let me connect to steam and flyvpn's free slots are all full :(.

spotflux works, google it

yeah, just sign up for it via the in game menu, and click the my offers button and the message should say you have been awarded a golden key for registering for shift

Just got this at Futureshop, the clerk threw in the steel case even though I didn't have it pre-ordered.

Played about an hour, already feel how addictive it's going to be.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The first game had similar issues, where the velocity of the vehicle would immediately slow to 0 over the stupidest collisions.

Sounds like Borderlands to me. I thought the driving was abysmal in BL1. Hopefully it's improved (so far it doesn't sound like it has)
I didn't play BL1, so I don't know about that, but I think the driving in BL2 is really fun over all. It's just the getting stuck on stuff part that sucks. The game needs a "Flip Vehicle" option like Halo.

Edit : I have another noob question: who is that AI lady who keeps popping up on my screen and smiling at me?

Meanwhile those that have been up since launch:
tumblr_m3pqwbHLev1rq0txko1_500.gif

Work was the worst. I haven't felt so tired in forever

TheContact

ugh you still have to press E to pick up money. Who ISNT going to want to pick up money--why not just make it auto loot when walking over or near it?

Edit: Er, wait, does it? I just ran over some and it auto looted but was doing it earlier and it wasn't. Weird

wsippel

Banned
Nah, it's worse. There are tons and tons of geometry and collision glitches in Borderlands 2. A lot more than what I remember from BL1.

ezekial45

Banned
This game has some serious difficulty spikes.
LLShC.gif

I was playing solo at the dam portion, and the game got extremely difficult. I must've died about 9 times, 5 of which were in one section.

I feel certain parts of this game were intended for co-op in mind, because the sheer amount of enemies they throw at you is extremely overwhelming.

epmode

I signed up for the Shift site, linked my Steam account but didn't get a golden key. The My Offers section is grayed out in-game. Fix pls.

Is there some way to contact Gearbox about this?

edit: Fixed it by unlinking my Steam account and then signing in to Shift via the game. I had previously done all of this solely through the website so I guess it doesn't work that way.

ParityBit

I cant decide on a class! I am just cycling between them. My first thought was the zerker because he likes guns ... and there are lots of loot to be had in the form of guns .... But I don't know!

KarmaCow

The game forced me to update/repair .Net Framework which dumped a ton of garbage on my the root of my drive. Can I just delete it? It seems like eula and instal.resXXX.dll stuff.

Razek

Banned
I didn't play BL1, so I don't know about that, but I think the driving in BL2 is really fun over all. It's just the getting stuck on stuff part that sucks. The game needs a "Flip Vehicle" option like Halo.

Edit : I have another noob question: who is that AI lady who keeps popping up on my screen and smiling at me?

To your edit, spoilers of the first games ending:

She is actually an AI Hyperion satellite. In the first game, she watches over you in the same full motion video format. She guides you to the vault, and you think she is a real girl the whole time until the very end cutscene.

What class would be best for a most likely solo run? Gunzerker?

I'd say yes just because you essential have infinite ammo (it regens every time you use the ability). He has some neat skills and is pretty tankish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom