• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Elemental snipers are devestating on Maya. Of course I put my first 5 points in upping elemental proccing. I am a Maliwan fan. Only been finding good inciderary stuff though. Really need some corrosive.

I was going to pump that immediately, but I've decided to put points into the trait that gives me health orbs when I kill a phaselocked enemy. Seems like a really nice support/surivivability thing. After that, it's time to pound my way through the Phaselock tree.

Raxus

How do you link steam screenshots to GAF?
Testing
78472F339094B416B3D1BA320FF00088975FDECD

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I guess this wasn't 'fixed' in 2.

What is the logic behind 'oh I died so I respawn at this checkpont' but not 'oh i quit the game so i have to go back to town when i resume'

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Early mission spoiler:
This is the sniper you get from Hammerlock if you choose to give him the hair. I have a shotgun ro two already and no sniper so it was an easy choice.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577841685450126326/1C993796E71D09CE5327109A69F280181A49CC84/

This thing rips people apart at early levels. The only downside was running out of ammo. I literally didn't need any other gun as long as I was critting with this thing.
I got a different one. I think there's some randomness to it.

Also: SOMEONE PLAY CO-OP WITH ME. 360 version. Gamertag = kittens dx.

JohngPR

I know this is a Borderlands 2 OT but....that dog in the loot chest is fucking adorable.

:p

Worst part about me being stuck at work is that I have to wait until tomorrow morning to play. :(

JoeBoy101

First started as Salvador (the Gunzerker), but despite getting an awesome set of dreds on his head, I wasn't really feeling him. I think because the weapons that would make him really badass won't be til later in the game.

Then I tried Zero, and man, I am in love. Plus it helps that the first bandit boss dropped this grenade mod:

Yeah, its pretty goddamn sick. Pretty much carpet bombing the area.

wsippel

Banned
This game is pretty fun. Just a few observations:

• Either I suddenly started sucking at shooters or this game is quite a bit harder than the first.
  • Rare drops seem to be much rarer than in Borderlands 1. I'm level 10 and have yet to find a single blue, let alone purple drop (outside of boss drops, of course).
  • PhysX sucks. Until Nvidia gets it fixed on AMD rigs, use Havok. At least Intel doesn't sabotage Havok to perform like ass on AMD systems.
  • There seem to be a ton of geometry glitches. Getting stuck, walking through objects, objects floating in mid air or stuck in the ground and so on.

DryvBy

I have no idea what to do and this is bugging me.

Quest
undiscovered, says 'What ever happened to Helena Pierce?'
. What do I do?

First started as Salvador (the Gunzerker), but despite getting an awesome set of dreds on his head, I wasn't really feeling him. I think because the weapons that would make him really badass won't be til later in the game.

Then I tried Zero, and man, I am in love. Plus it helps that the first bandit boss dropped this grenade mod:

Which boss is that?

IHaveIce

Banned
I know this is a Borderlands 2 OT but....that dog in the loot chest is fucking adorable.

:p

Worst part about me being stuck at work is that I have to wait until tomorrow morning to play. :(

Don't complain, I'm from Europe and have to wait till Friday and to read the stuff here is pain :(

Coconut

Banned
This game is pretty fun. Just a few observations:

• Either I suddenly started sucking at shooters or this game is quite a bit harder than the first.
  • Rare drops seem to be much rarer than in Borderlands 1. I'm level 10 and have yet to find a single blue, let alone purple drop (outside of boss drops, of course).
  • PhysX sucks. Until Nvidia gets it fixed on AMD rigs, use Havok. At least Intel doesn't sabotage Havok to perform like ass on AMD systems.
  • There seem to be a ton of geometry glitches. Getting stuck, walking through objects, objects floating in mid air or stuck in the ground and so on.

Why would Nvidia do that it's a selling point for their cards.

I was going to pump that immediately, but I've decided to put points into the trait that gives me health orbs when I kill a phaselocked enemy. Seems like a really nice support/surivivability thing. After that, it's time to pound my way through the Phaselock tree.

That's what I'm doing too. Being a support is just awesome in my book - your team mates love you for it.

Razek

Banned

Wow, that's nuts. I didn't get anything like that!

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition

Quest
. What do I do?

In Southern Shelf outside of Liarsberg... There is an echo recorder in the first bandit area that you need to grab that starts this mission.

wsippel

Banned
Why would Nvidia do that it's a selling point for their cards.
I'm not blaming Nvidia for doing it, I blame developers for using their shit. On the other hand, Havok is a subsidiary of Intel and their stuff works perfectly fine and is well optimized on AMD hardware. And AMD isn't sabotaging Bullet and DMM on Intel and Nvidia hardware, either...

Anyone's sound cut out during the intro? It was really choppy for some reason. Also, it's pretty bad during the cutscenes.

Now, I have an existing problem the audio and the only fix seems to be getting a new harddrive (since many of the PSN games I download have an audio issue). But is anyone else experience this problem?

I'm not blaming Nvidia for doing it, I blame developers for using their shit. On the other hand, Havok is a subsidiary of Intel and their stuff works perfectly fine and is well optimized on AMD hardware. And AMD isn't sabotaging Bullet and DMM on Intel and Nvidia hardware, either...

i'd use it too if they paid me moniez.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Quest
. What do I do?

There should be some sort of dumpster that you have to open to get the ECHO Comm. I think it was on the west somewhere, should be on the nav point.

Minion, what are you doing? Those are human beings! With lives, and families and... haha I'm kidding. SCREW those guys!

HOLY SPHINCTERS!

Does anyone know if Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic, Gearbox Gunpack, and new Mechromancer class, the premier club stuff come with the season pass? People are getting screwed at gamestops.

I got to Level 14 staying up til 6am last night.

Then I slept til 1230 got up and played til 3 (and made it to Level 15) and now I have to go to work for 4 hours and then I'll be back to play more.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Does anyone know if Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic, Gearbox Gunpack, and new Mechromancer class, the premier club stuff come with the season pass? People are getting screwed at gamestops.

Premiere Club is totally separate from Season Pass. Season Pass offers 4 single player campaign DLCs with a 25% savings.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Where do the pictures of the guns I inspect go after I take them? Also my Steam overlay to not work for Borderlands 2.

Only see 1 team on twitch that's 21 and I'm 21 now so when I get back off from work I hope I can continue leveling ahead of the curve.

I'm also wondering if I had a weird graphical bug where I found some SMG ammo but instead of white it was blue and I couldn't pick it up because I didn't have SMG on me to use ammo for. I found it on the bottom ammo chest on the map that has Tina in it. Inside the small building you have to shoot a thing on top to get into from the bottom.

FStop7

Banned
I'm starting to regret not having shelled out for the ultimate loot chest edition. Maybe they'll pop up at a discount later on.

Premiere Club is totally separate from Season Pass. Season Pass offers 4 single player campaign DLCs with a 25% savings.

Aren't the point of season passes to be all inclusive? So if you get the season pass the 5th the Mechromancer class will be seperate.

Like I said, Gamestop is running out of codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom