• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf.luder

I just picked up a normal copy of Borderlands and I have a golden key. Does that come standard? I thought you had to pre-order to get a golden key.

Oreoleo

If anyone else was having trouble with Steam overlay, I was able to get it to work by launching the game windowed and then switching to fullscreen in the main menu settings.

Deadstar

Playing on PC, played last night for a few hours with randoms. Now trying to join two friends online but I keep timing out and not joining. IS this because network business right now, or is there something else I can do? They're trying to invite me.

Make sure windows firewall is allowing Borderlands 2. Also, did the microsoft.net framework install properly? Before starting steam run steam as an administrator then try to have it install the .net garbage. It worked for my friends and I after we all did that.

I scored 2 golden keys from shift plus one for being in the premier club. PS3 version here. Also claptrao said to me: Minion, roll out. Nice Transformers reference

Nelo Ice

Banned
Playing on PC, played last night for a few hours with randoms. Now trying to join two friends online but I keep timing out and not joining. IS this because network business right now, or is there something else I can do? They're trying to invite me.

Multiple people are reporting this issue including me. There doesn't seem to be any fix right now besides turning on DMZ in your router.

2K_logo.bik
Gearbox_logo.bik
Nvidia.bik

Thanks,clicking through to skip was working but I was hoping I could just skip to the logos and such since that's still faster and requires less clicking lol.

First off.. did they really need to name him Claptrap?
Anyways he's fucking amazing, "Protect me squire!" followed by " oh minion whatever have you done? they were humans too, jk"

anddo0

This thread is moving fast. So I'll ask again.

When I click on "Gameplay options" it's blank. The only option I have is to go back to the previous screen. Help?

I've tried verifying the game files.

Teknoman

When I click on "Gameplay options" it's blank. The only option I have is to go back to the previous screen. Help?

Thats strange...might want to give GBX Adam a PM just to have more options for help.

Razek

Banned

Works for me. Some ideas (some are obvious):

• Restart game
  • Restart computer
  • Try it both in the main menu and once you are in a loaded game
  • Delete a harmless file like the .exe in your borderlands 2 directory, then try to verify cache again

Alright I went to the live chat about my amazon preorder codes. He gave me a code and I assumed it was My preorder code. Now that I'm thinking about it, it could be my $10 credit? Or is the credit automatically applied?

I can't check because I'm still at work.

tch

Downloaded from gmg (where I preordered). Is the preorder stuff already in game or do I have to install it from somewhere? Or do I find it in game later on?

Dizzy-4U

Even though I do enjoy movie refences in games, internet memes get old 2 days after everybody spam them all over the place and by the time developers incorporate them into their games, it's already too late and unfunny.

Downloaded from gmg (where I preordered). Is the preorder stuff already in game or do I have to install it from somewhere? Or do I find it in game later on?

you can check under account details or log into the game and check the dlc and see if it says preorder dlc.

Teknoman

Even though I do enjoy movie refences in games, internet memes get old 2 days after everybody spam them all over the place and by the time developers incorporate them into their games, it's already too late and unfunny.

Butt Stallion
will live forever.

Alright I went to the live chat about my amazon preorder codes. He gave me a code and I assumed it was My preorder code. Now that I'm thinking about it, it could be my $10 credit? Or is the credit automatically applied?

I can't check because I'm still at work.

amazon credits are almost always automatically applied except in rare circumstances. it's probably your preorder code. did amazon have two preorder tchotchkes or just the preorder club?

tch

you can check under account details or log into the game and check the dlc and see if it says preorder dlc.

It's under the dlc list in game, listed as purchased, but I don't have the key or anything in my inventory (I just started the game.) is this usual? Thanks

It's under the dlc list in game, listed as purchased, but I don't have the key or anything in my inventory (I just started the game.) is this usual? Thanks

the key should show up on the bottom left hand corner of the badass rank screen, and you'd also have 3 gearbox guns and a relic equipped. i think you also get messages at the start after claptrap finishes talking that tell you about the items. if you don't have them and you're getting an error when you click the premiere club thing on the dlc menu (something about unable to download or enumerate or something) try verifying the game cache in steam and then restarting steam. i had to do that this morning to get the stuff to show up

Got to level 7 and now taking a break. Loving it. Claptrap is great again, but the star of this show is the guns. Already found a bunch of cool stuff as well as a bunch of new skins for my character and for Catch-A-Ride.

Kaldea

If anyone is still waiting forever on their Amazon Premier Club code, I just did a live chat with them and they gave me mine almost immediately. Give that a try!

DeMeester

This could be dpi related. Is your dpi size set to 100? Or it could even be regional settings related. I had no menu with Dead Island because I changed regional settings (commas to dots and the other way around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom