• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the DLC and premier club stuff on the receipt when you pick it up at gamestop?

Only if you pre order and I mean in store prior to today. With some games you could walk in day 1 and still get the content but with this particular one its tied to your receipt. The problem is Gamestop is running out of codes and I think some people thought it would be included in the season pass.

Someone brought this up last night but I'm left wondering too, what's up with the gore? Or rather, lack of? I'm not getting any heads blown off or limb dismemberment at all, and I don't have gore toggled off in the options either.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw some dismemberment, guess I just wasn't noticing it. Heads don't come off though?

DryvBy

Lol, wasn't paying attention because my wife was texting me. Wasted my gold key and got some grenade lobbers. I hope it didn't save...

edit: Yup, gone.

Razek

Banned

RS4-

For those that ordered the PC game from Futureshop, they emailed the Premiere Club code. If you buy in store I'll assume the code is on a receipt or something.

How is the Mechromancer bonus for pre-ordering taking its form? I picked my copy up at Target today and they didn't have any codes for the Mechromancer or any sort of pre-order anything. Nothing on the receipt or in the box... I didn't get screwed did I?

theytookourjobz

Anybody who wants to group on Steam, my id is theytookourjobz.

As far as impressions go, this sure is more Borderlands, for better and worse. I don't understand for the life of me why all ammo and money doesn't auto-collect.

Just picked it up from Meijer. Another guy came in and bought it too, plus the employee knew that it was Borderlands before I even said it. He said it's all that's been sellin today. It was some old guy too lol.

antitrop

My Steam install is only 5.2gb. Can anyone else corroborate?

From all other sources it seems like the download is 13gb. Where is the other 8gb?

Razek

Banned
The colors in the SMAA shots look like the contrast is higher. Is that just because the lighting in the world had changed or does SMAA increase contrast?

It was me having to reload the game to take the shots over again, thus different lighting. I forgot you could toggle the effect with scroll lock. Sweetfx has a very tiny different tint if you toggle it on and off in game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Where do the pictures of the guns I inspect go after I take them? Also my Steam overlay to not work for Borderlands 2.

Anyone in their early twenties want to level with me when I get back home in 3 hours please let me know. 21 atm, Gunzerker.
Bamp

Izayoi

Banned
Gambling seems like one of the most consistent ways to get good gear.

What do you guys think of the weapons that are thrown and explode every time you reload? Interesting mechanic...
Really awesome. There are better bonuses, but grenade reload is great for ousting dudes from cover.

MrDaravon

Anybody who wants to group on Steam, my id is theytookourjobz.

As far as impressions go, this sure is more Borderlands, for better and worse. I don't understand for the life of me why all ammo and money doesn't auto-collect.

Yeah, my biggest gripe by far right now is that money and ammo dropped from enemies auto collects, but you still need to manually collect it out of boxes which is increasingly stupid and annoying.

antitrop

Yeah, my biggest gripe by far right now is that money and ammo dropped from enemies auto collects, but you still need to manually collect it out of boxes which is increasingly stupid and annoying.
Hey, at least it's not as tedious as Diablo II, but not as stream-lined as Diablo III.

They took the half-way approach to "Why the fuck wouldn't I pick this up" loot.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone else finding PshysX debris to be annoying? They litter the entire screen when set to high, it's ridiculous in a can't see shit kind of way.

Is anyone else's premiere club not downloading on 360? Mine has been stuck on "pending" for like an hour. As a matter of fact, everything seems slow for some reason.

Edit- I got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom