• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chef

So I am about to join my friends game who is starting a completely new game. It asks me if I want to use my Previous Character Save and begin a new game?
He is hosting this game so if I join him will it overwrite my co-op game that I am hosting with other friends further in the game??

Anyone?

my character and best current weapon.

gunv.jpg

classyi.jpg

<3 my Siren. Can't tell me shit about my fashion.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would seriously KILL for an assault rifle. I haven't seen a single one drop for 10 levels. I'm a commando, btw, using a pistol and a sniper rifle because I can't find anything else to use. :(

RNG strikes again

RS4-

I would seriously KILL for an assault rifle. I haven't seen a single one drop for 10 levels. I'm a commando, btw, using a pistol and a sniper rifle because I can't find anything else to use. :(

RNG strikes again

I think I've only seen ones that shoot little grenades lol :|

The people in this thread are a bunch of assholes. I suspect none of you have ever met him, maybe Borderlands is his favorite game ever. It doesn't really matter don't insult somebody in their face like that its a dick thing to do. I say this as somebody who has no tattoos and will almost certainly never have any. Sorry, but that was bothering me.

Now for some more BL2 talk. I used the gold key exploit just to see if I could find any more +100% melee weapons, but haven't had much luck. I have found an assault rifle that fires what I can best guess are homing rockets, an smg whose rounds seem to zig zag to the target, a shotgun the fire what seems like balls of goo that explode on impact into more balls that explode themselves, a pistol that fire rounds that seem to bounce all over the place if it his a wall, and another assault rifle that fires a horizontal line of three rounds at a time. These e-tech guns are really crazy. Oh and before people rail against me for cheating I created a separate save and am playing in offline mode so the stuff I do doesn't stay. I was just really curious about if there were anymore Law style guns in the game.

Teknoman

So then the chest does reset if you've got another key? I've got my preorder key and another from Shift...so I guess I can use one now, and save one for down the line?

DryvBy

Probably hates Claptrap. I kind of find him annoying too, but mainly because of his stupid dance in the original. Other than that he's pretty funny. Cool tattoo.

You're not down with his dancin'? He's a robot... and he's dancin'!!

DryvBy

The people in this thread are a bunch of assholes. I suspect none of you have ever met him, maybe Borderlands is his favorite game ever. It doesn't really matter don't insult somebody in their face like that its a dick thing to do. I say this as somebody who has no tattoos and will almost certainly never have any. Sorry, but that was bothering me.

Now for some more BL2 talk. I used the gold key exploit just to see if I could find any more +100% melee weapons, but haven't had much luck. I have found an assault rifle that fires what I can best guess are homing rockets, an smg whose rounds seem to zig zag to the target, a shotgun the fire what seems like balls of goo that explode on impact into more balls that explode themselves, a pistol that fire rounds that seem to bounce all over the place if it his a wall, and another assault rifle that fires a horizontal line of three rounds at a time. These e-tech guns are really crazy. Oh and before people rail against me for cheating I created a separate save and am playing in offline mode so the stuff I do doesn't stay. I was just really curious about if there were anymore Law style guns in the game.

What is this exploit you speak of?

And I can confirm, as if no one else has, duping items works. For those who care, it's the same as Borderlands uno. Have a friend join, drop the item on the game, and before it saves, turn your console off. You just became a scientist and cloned items.

Gotchaye

Just started the second playthrough and got enough skill points to go all the way down a tree. Many Must Fall is exactly as awesome as it seems. Death Blossom is surprisingly great, though. It just destroys a single target.

Still no E-tech guns. Anyone know when they start showing up?

Is there any reason to hoard Badass tokens? Or just use them as soon as you get them? Can you eventually get every upgrade available, or do you have to make real decisions on what to take?

1. I'm not gaining like any money due to the revive costs, I'm playing solo and I'm dying a bit more than I'd like to admit, I'm level 17 and have been around $8,500 for the last god knows how many hours

2. When do I get the 4th weapon slot?

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game.

Gotchaye

Is there any reason to hoard Badass tokens? Or just use them as soon as you get them? Can you eventually get every upgrade available, or do you have to make real decisions on what to take?

No real reason to horde unless you just want to wait and decide later what stats you like most.

There isn't an end to what the Badass tokens get you; there's no such thing as "every upgrade available". But there are diminishing returns. The first point in a stat is +1%, then .7%, then .6%, then .5% for a while (I don't know what happens after some number of these).

Just started the second playthrough and got enough skill points to go all the way down a tree. Many Must Fall is exactly as awesome as it seems. Death Blossom is surprisingly great, though. It just destroys a single target.

Wait, what level did you finish the first playthrough? I was hoping NG+ would only be for an extra challenge, and better loot this time around, because that means the game's going to end much sooner than I expected :(

1. I'm not gaining like any money due to the revive costs, I'm playing solo and I'm dying a bit more than I'd like to admit, I'm level 17 and have been around $8,500 for the last god knows how many hours

1. Im in the same boat. Gotta learn to play a bit more safe.

2. You should get it within the next 2 levels.

You should have found at least one by now. Dr. Zed gives a quest pretty early that makes you go find one.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition

Someone should farm some Crystallisks! (Pro Tip!)

Gotchaye

Wait, what level did you finish the first playthrough? I was hoping NG+ would only be for an extra challenge, and better loot this time around, because that means the game's going to end much sooner than I expected :(

I ended at level 30, so I was very close to having enough skill points. Probably if you start the final quest on-level you'll finish around 32.

You should have found at least one by now. Dr. Zed gives a quest pretty early that makes you go find one.

I must not have done that quest.

Edgeward

I really hope the onine gets patched soon. Getting connection errors trying to join your friends is really not fun.

Also instanced loot. Gimme it.

Diomedes

Just started, is the SMG wobble severe and noticeable for anyone else? I wouldn't mind so much if it was reasonable, but so far it feels like they just finished a marathon when switching to them, reticle flying all over the place.

Does this go away or are there weapon attributes that decrease it? Is this specific to some SMG brands? Don't recall seeing anything in the skill tree about wobble.

Gotchaye

Just started, is the SMG wobble severe and noticeable for anyone else? I wouldn't mind so much if it was reasonable, but so far it feels like they just finished a marathon when switching to them, reticle flying all over the place.

Does this go away or are there weapon attributes that decrease it? Is this specific to some SMG brands? Don't recall seeing anything in the skill tree about wobble.

Is it a Hyperion SMG? All Hyperion guns are like that and are very annoying. Edit: But they get crazy-accurate and much steadier as you fire, so the Hyperion SMGs are often not bad choices. It's their sniper rifles which I can't find a use for.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Thanks! Also, something I forgot, is there ever going to be an option to change hair color separately from the armor color? Because I really don't want Blue/Green hair on my Axton.

Skins are tied to hair but.... There are lots and lots of skins so you may find something later that will suit you more.

Adam are there any other plus +100% melee guns besides the Jacobs Law Revolver from that one quest?

It's Borderlands 2! I'm sure there is ;)

Razek

Banned

If it's the premiere club SMG it is very wobbly and is abnormal for that gun type. It should get more stable the longer you fire it due to its ability.

i've never played the original borderlands and am wondering the following:

1. is this game open-world, linear, or a mix or open-world and linear?
2. are there boss battles?

HoosTrax

Got this too. Very annoying. The menu system in general is just worse than the first game.

Same. This is my biggest complaint so far. The UI is really confusing/difficult to use.

I already noted the same thing. Funny thing is, they probably thought they were improving the UI, and actually made it much much worse than the first game.

The actual inventory part only utilizes a small portion of your screen, and it only shows 7 items at a time, instead of a long list of guns. And that freaking description panel is covering up half of my weapon slots. WTF

Really poor use of screen real estate (not even 40% of my screen real estate is being used to convey useful information), and again, why is that thing blocking the first 3 weapon slots.

It's like they went full retard Skyrim with the UI. Luckily, as with Skryim, that's my only real complaint with the game.

Edit: The design isn't unredeemable - the obscuring weapon description panel can be easily fixed. As for the other thing -- add two more inventory columns so that it's 3 by 7 instead of 1 by 7. I wonder if the PS360 inventory looks identical to this. That might explain the problem - using the same UI for console and PC almost never works.

It's Borderlands 2! I'm sure there is ;)

Now I'm going to be banging my head looking for one. Thanks !
i've never played the original borderlands and am wondering the following:

1. is this game open-world, linear, or a mix or open-world and linear?
2. are there boss battles?

Its basically like the first but bigger and better designed. Where there are open overworld hubs that are connected to some linear levels. There are boss battles and they are way more interesting in this one.

Razek

Banned
I already noted the same thing. Funny thing is, they probably thought they were improving the UI, and actually made it much much worse than the first game.

The actual inventory part only utilizes a small portion of your screen, and it only shows 7 items at a time, instead of a long list of guns. And that freaking description panel is covering up half of my weapon slots. WTF

Really poor use of screen real estate (not even 40% of my screen real estate is being used to convey useful information), and again, why is that thing blocking the first 3 weapon slots.

It's like they went full retard Skyrim with the UI. Luckily, as with Skryim, that's my only real complaint with the game.

Edit: The design isn't unredeemable - the obscuring weapon description panel can be easily fixed. As for the other thing -- add two more inventory columns so that it's 3 by 7 instead of 1 by 7. I wonder if the PS360 inventory looks identical to this. That might explain the problem - using the same UI for console and PC almost never works.

Wow that screen on the right is a sight for sore eyes. So much better use of space and so much less in your face flash.

Damn this Flynn guy is tough, any tips? Im level 6 and using some gun that does 37 damage and its taking forevdf to kill him

Two options to make this fight easier. One is to jump from a barrier back up into the ammo machine room (you can do this anytime, even after falling into the boss area, just crouch while in the air). Second is to utilize the shipping crate on the left side (facing flynts chair) of the map. It keeps flynt and the bandits away from you. Just take pot shots at flynt from there.

JoeBoy101

Borderlands22012-09-1922-23-39-76_zps501de015.jpg

Salvador with the Vladof Skin. I was getting the hang of him more on the second try, but now, I'm committed.

Also... DAMN Doc Mercy is tough.

Razek

Banned
I assume you need PhysX-high for that? I didn't see anything like that while I was doing that quest.

Yep. Medium works too.

----

I'm harping, but just an example of the XP difference from BL1 to BL2:

~LV 20 Spiderant King, BL1: ~1200xp
Exact same, BL2: 300xp

Not digging that at all.

Carm

Has there been an update about not being able to join friends games for the PC version? I've skimmed the past few pages, and didn't see anything.

Avinexus

I wonder if the PS360 inventory looks identical to this. That might explain the problem - using the same UI for console and PC almost never works.

Console has the same UI, it sucks equally as much on there. They went from a nice and simple UI in the first game to one of the worst I have ever seen for an RPGish game.

Chris_C

I've only played a couple of levels of the PS3 version so far, and I'm loving it, but has anyone else noticed that:

1 - The FOV... or something, seems to be HUGE. I have a 42 inch screen, and I'm not new to FPS's, but for some reason when I play this, it feels like the the whole world is bobbing, and it's hard to focus.

2 - There seems to be a lot more weight to aiming and movement, closer to KZ2 and Mirror's Edge in that sense.

Am I nuts? Did anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom