• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Man going through this game a second time is a breeze. Not sure if it is the weapons, my badass rank, or just my knowledge but I already have a level 9 siren alt. She also has 2 oranges on her so yeah.

Razek

Banned
*Gun falls on ground, inventory is full so I get an extra few seconds to see it.
"Wait, did that say 8,000 dollars? Why was it worth so much?"

iViO9fWxQaDxu.png

"Oh, that's why."

Raxus

Dang, second play through already? How long did the first take?

Nah, I am saying on an alternate character. I am still going through on my gunzerker but I am going slow on him because I am juggling several things and trying to keep up with Empty Space.

I will say this though. If you do everything in the game (Playthrough 1 only) the 30-40 hour gametime seems accurate. I am loving Scooter's quests by the way. Perhaps that and the
TMNT
quests have been my favorites.

Razek. Add me on steam!

Razek

Banned
eh. its okay.

My sniper right now does ~600 damage with nearly all worse stats overall. That's my SNIPER, and that was crazy high when I picked it up a level ago. All the other snipers I own are ~350. Maybe I'm unlucky with drops this game, but this assault rifle blows the crap out of my current guns and feels kind of broken. I'm not going to use it, because that would suck the fun out of this (and, well, I'm sniping!)

Nah, I am saying on an alternate character. I am still going through on my gunzerker but I am going slow on him because I am juggling several things and trying to keep up with Empty Space.

I will say this though. If you do everything in the game (Playthrough 1 only) the 30-40 hour gametime seems accurate. I am loving Scooter's quests by the way. Perhaps that and the
TMNT
quests have been my favorites.

Razek. Add me on steam!

ID?

legbone

There is no way BL2 could function on the Vita unless it was a very stripped down super ugly version.

i would rather them do a top down shooter like diablo with guns instead of trying to shoehorn the game as it is onto the system. sure they could probably do it but can you imagine a top down hack(shoot?)n slash action rpg set in the borderlands universe. i can and it is glorious!

Is there any way to get health regeneration? None of the shields I've come across seem to have it, and they had it pretty early on in BL1

Is there any way to get health regeneration? None of the shields I've come across seem to have it, and they had it pretty early on in BL1

I found a class mod for my siren that gives it to the team and my friend found one for zero that only applies to him. Not sure about shields though.

Ken

Does Maya have any appearance mods that give her long hair (and bangs)? This is important in my character decision!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
My pistol shoots flares that travel ever so slightly faster than my running speed.

It's funny pulling the trigger and seeing the shots hit a few seconds later.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How hard is it to give me an assault rifle in this game?

Not a shitty Torque Assault Rifle/mid range Sniper
Not an Assault Rifle that shoots rockets

A regular ass assault rifle with decent stats. My dwarf mohawk for a regular assault rifle

Anyone else held off on playing the game until the UK/ EU launch tomorrow? Hoping to get a group together but I fear most of GAF is already hours ahead.
Steam ID if you're interested in starting co-op together tomorrow afternoon-ish. I'll be playing Zer0 most likely.

My pistol shoots flares that travel ever so slightly faster than my running speed.

It's funny pulling the trigger and seeing the shots hit a few seconds later.

I have a pistol that's like that. To top it off, there's a delay on when the bullets actually do damage. They hit the target, then a second later they "explode" and do the fire damage.

KarmaCow

2 questions about Loot Goliaths.

Since they are called Loot Goliaths, I'm assuming you're supposed to be able to loot the chest on their back. Am I right and did I run into a glitch where there was no prompt to open it or did I miss something?

And if you level them up, do they drop better loot?

I have no clue why but my Zero is definitely getting better drops than my siren. Got my first E-tec, purple and yellow drop all on Zero. Still using the E-tec at lvl 14 for the melee damage bonus

I love the design of these guns, there's little flame jets on either side of the barrel :D

Helscream

Banned
Just picked up this game last night. Been playing non-stop and now its time to go to work. Looks like this game is going to devour my life again.

Havok

2 questions about Loot Goliaths.

Since they are called Loot Goliaths, I'm assuming you're supposed to be able to loot the chest on their back. Am I right and did I run into a glitch where there was no prompt to open it or did I miss something?

And if you level them up, do they drop better loot?
It's really finicky. I've only encountered one, and the only way I could open the chest was by hitting a tiny spot on the bottom corner of the thing.

Dunno if the chest loot is better, but in general something like a Fatal Raging God-liath will drop rarer stuff than just a Goliath.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
*Gun falls on ground, inventory is full so I get an extra few seconds to see it.

iViO9fWxQaDxu.png

"Oh, that's why."
I want that gun. :-O

iViO9fWxQaDxu.png

"Oh, that's why."

I got one similar to that, but only worth 1/10th the value.

torpedou.jpg

much less shots/second and yours uses half the ammo. so much win, sir.

Why are you trying? Stop resisting. My personal binge happens tonight
weapon finds like that 8k rifle keep making me open the game for "just one more mission". ugh.

how are you guys deciding what to keep and what to sell? I have 27 slots in my backpack and every item feels valuable and brings something different. my bank has like 20 slots and I kept a lot of low-level items that my next class build can use. I don't know what to sell.

I got one similar to that, but only worth 1/10th the value.

torpedou.jpg

much less shots/second and yours uses half the ammo. so much win, sir.
Big difference between ammo clip size and using 4 rounds vs 2 rounds per shot. That and Jakob's fire rates :)

Edit: Derp didn't see then last line of your post

tjohn86

How hard is it to give me an assault rifle in this game?

Not a shitty Torque Assault Rifle/mid range Sniper
Not an Assault Rifle that shoots rockets

A regular ass assault rifle with decent stats. My dwarf mohawk for a regular assault rifle

Dude I totally agree. My Gunzerker is seriously lacking a decent rifle.

some shields do have it. it had a really slow regen rate and didn't seem worth it but that's probably because it was a white item. they seem kinda rare

Raxus

The flight time of the projectile is a deal breaker for a lot of enemies.

Not all of them have a delay shot. Some of it is just anticipation as well. Also you can shoot the ground and still hurt charging enemies. I am using one on my Maya.

They are ideal for bosses and big enemies. I usually use elements and smg's to take out small fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom