• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Dunno about you guys, but I'm finding the inventory on PC much worse compared to the first game, way harder to use. Other than that the game is pretty much better in every aspect.

It's an awful step beck and the UI designers should be ashamed. It favors flash over substance. Just like the Skyrim UI situation. Not everything is awful, but the main inventory screen and shop screens are just plain out bad.

jooso

Nearly through BL1 with my friend and BL2 is in the mail. I enjoyed playing as the berserker in the first game but now I troubles with the classes. Don't want to play as the gunzerker, so what class should I choose to get a fresh experience?

Irnbru

GUYS. GUYS.
I found the best weapon ever created in a video game.
I found a legendary tediore shotgun.
When I reload, it launched the shotgun and homes in and shoots at enemies and explodes while I am shooting at enemies.

SO I HEARD YOU LIKE SHOOTING, SO WE MADE A SHOTGUN YOU CAN LAUNCH TO SHOOT YOUR ENEMIES WHILE YOU SHOOT YOUR ENEMIES.

And its shocks, so on a siren with 30%+ elemental, its, GLORIOUS.

We also found a legendary assault rifle with 1000 damage per shot. Our Axton is using it for much win.
(we are between 24-27)

Cat Party

Nearly through BL1 with my friend and BL2 is in the mail. I enjoyed playing as the berserker in the first game but now I troubles with the classes. Don't want to play as the gunzerker, so what class should I choose to get a fresh experience?

The Siren's phaselock is the really unique power in the game.

Stantron

Hello my name is joe

and ....and I'm addicted to playing the slot machine in sanctuary...I am always broke whenever I leave sanctuary and I only complete quests to make more money to spend on the slot machine, I also sell everything the machine gives me...so I can make just one more spin

At least it makes the credit penalty for dying trivial. :)

Question about mods that add points into the skill tree. So it takes a minimum of 26 points to reach the bottom skill. Does a mod that adds +3 to that skill tree reduce the total points required to get the bottom skill, 23 in this case? Also, what's the highest skill points a mod gives? The highest I've seen is +5.

RotBot

http://kotaku.com/5944891/randy-pit...ands-2-is-answering-your-questions-right-here

Obviously Borderlands 2 has a "way" to get alot of extra keys, are you guys looking into the Key "hack" for adding keys? will you be taking corrective action against players or will you just patch it to leave them to ruin the game for themselves?

Corrective action: Yes.

I wonder what kind of corrective action they can take against PC players. It appears that all character data is still client-side like Borderlands 1.

Double D

I just knew exactly what type of humor I was going to get from this game, and for that reason I'm enjoying it and finding it funny. I mean, bonerfarts. That was genuinely funny to me in the context of the borderlands universe. Am I going to crack bonerfarts jokes in front of my friends or coworkers and assume they'll find it hilarious? No.

Deadstar

Handsome Jack talking has pretty much nothing to do with your playing the game. Are you just standing in one place every time he starts talking?

Having a voice over come up randomly when playing a mission can be a real annoyance especially as some others have said, if dialogue is already playing then he cuts in over it. This isn't bastion. I don't need a voice over while I'm just shooting enemies. It's not as bad as an audio book being read the whole time I'm doing missions but it's a little annoying.

Edit: To be clear though I'm loving the game. Best I've played all year!

I really wish that you could pick up loot with an alternative button, like Q on PC, and it would auto mark it as trash in your inventory. That would be soooooooo fucking helpful.

Make it so Adam!

see5harp

Having a voice over come up randomly when playing a mission can be a real annoyance especially as some others have said, if dialogue is already playing then he cuts in over it. This isn't bastion. I don't need a voice over while I'm just shooting enemies. It's not as bad as an audio book being read the whole time I'm doing missions but it's a little annoying.

Agreed. You'll start hearing voice over while guys are shooting you. Most of the time it isn't anything crazy meaningful but it is irritating to miss dialog because your coop partner is fighting for his/her life.

Zzoram

Too much dialog, starting to ignore it now.

More is not always better. Less, higher quality dialog would've been better.

The only problem I have is with repetition. A certain reference was great the first few times. I've heard it about twenty times now, and I'm only level 11.

http://kotaku.com/5944891/randy-pit...ands-2-is-answering-your-questions-right-here

I wonder what kind of corrective action they can take against PC players. It appears that all character data is still client-side like Borderlands 1.

I doubt they do anything other than patch out the ability to change the number of keys via the .ini file.

I agree, the game has too much dialog, and is way too heavily scripted.

thinline.jpg

there's a thin line between love & hate.

This would have been the best shield I have. Relatively high booster drop chance, decent delay and high recharge rate for the level, good cap.

The problem? That little lightning symbol. See, when that 12% booster chance triggers, it drops a shield right? Right. Good shit. Well...it also drops a set of 3 bouncing lightning grenades that hurt foe and friend alike every couple of seconds (3 rounds of 3 sets total). So even if you wanted to run in and grab the booster, you can't or you'll probably die. Which, of course, defeats the fucking purpose of equipping a shield that kicks out a booster at all. You probably needed it when it was triggered, but you have to wait maybe 7 seconds before you can even get close to it.

These lightning grenades fly out of the booster itself (picture a water fountain) so wherever the booster lands (whether far away from you, or right next to you if it hits a wall and falls close to you) shit is taking heavy damage. It would be one of the coolest items I've found IF the lightning didn't also damage ME too....but it does. The chances that it shoots out extra damage to an enemy by bouncing next to him seems to in no way make up for the risk involved. I've been killed by this shield at least 3 times that I can remember and have moved on to another. I don't know if it's a glitch that this is happening, but it fucking sucks if it was intentional. An otherwise excellent shield completely ruined by its ability to self-inflict damage on you unexpectedly. Sometimes you won't even know what's hitting you. If you don't hear the audio trigger and are zoomed in, you won't know until you're in Fight For Your Life mode suddenly.

/frustrated. Wiskey Tango Foxtrot indeed. You'll be saying WTF on a regular basis.

Wait, this has frame rate issues on 360? Dammit. Looked so interesting, local co-op and all.
Does the frame rate issue exist on split screen as well, or is it even worse?
Frame rate issues are a deal breaker for me. Crysis 2, Halo Reach (and others), both (partially) ruined by frame rate issues.

I'm about level 20 now and there's been no framerate issues. Just remember where you are, and remember how things get blown out of proportion. The game runs great on the 360, and I'd imagine the same is true of the PS3 version.

joelseph

Other guys here say there are some.
I always expect the worst so i'm more inclined to belive them.
Learned my lesson from this gen, expecting the worst is a good rule of thumb.

As long as you understand it is irrational more power to you. I would just hate to see a sane person read this and take it as truth. Next generation you should play all games on the PC for max frames per second!

Zzoram

Man, I'm of the complete opposite opinion... I'm loving all the dialogue and Handsome Jacks constant presence.

I think seeing the face of the bad guy and having the bad guy talk to you so much while you're just doing normal things is one of the worst trends in gaming in recent times. It makes the bad guy seem rather silly.

Eh. I like all the dialogue. I got kind of bored of BL1 since I didn't play a lot of co-op and roaming the wastelands was kind of lonely and largely mindless. I guess it helps that I find it funny and I'm not easily annoyed by characters just because they talk a lot or have a funny voice.

Zzoram

The respawn rate of this game is ruining it almost as badly as Far Cry 2 was ruined by it.

That is one thing that is bothering me. The respawn rate is a bit too fast. Often if I am running back to a vending machine to sell some guns, by the time I get back to where I was I have to re-fight enemies.

Man, I'm of the complete opposite opinion... I'm loving all the dialogue and Handsome Jacks constant presence.

Clap Trap, Handsome Jack, Tiny Tina, Scooter, Zed, Marcus etc etc have all been great so far. My only complaint is when Jack's dialogue kick's in while I'm fighting and I can't hear it.

The respawn rate of this game is ruining it almost as badly as Far Cry 2 was ruined by it.

Enemies appear to leash to specific areas and also forgot you're around rather quickly, so getting through areas with respawned mobs isn't all that difficult. Just run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like, I went through a certain stronghold to do a quest. Went to do the other quest near the start of the stronghold, and they were already back

Splinter Group might be the best mission of the year though

Zzoram

Like, I went through a certain stronghold to do a quest. Went to do the other quest near the start of the stronghold, and they were already back

Ya, they need to double the time it takes for enemies to respawn.

Coconut

Banned
False. The game has noticable framerate drops on Xbox 360 in areas with a lot of enemies and a lot of action going on. It's not game breaking by any mean, but it's definitely present.

IT bothers me that the dude asking about framerate is clearly sensitive to it and people are still trying to tell him to buy the game anyway by telling him he won't notice it or it doesn't exist. Like why do people want this dude to waste his money?

That was like that in the first Borderlands. The first one had a 20 minute-ish timer I believe. I think it is more apparent as some of the strongholds are quite longer, at least it seems so with what I've played so far.

Derrick01

Banned

They shouldn't take any action. The exploit is there because they fucked up and left it there, and since this isn't a competitive multiplayer game then there's no balance or fairness issues to worry about. Fix the exploit and then leave things alone.

Aggrotek

Did you solve the light puzzle after you killed the
pseudoturtles
?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

That happened to me on one of the very first quests
where you fight the midget on the bullymong
. I was fighting him from one of the highest platforms and after I killed him the entire fortress respawned literally within a minute; I hadn't even walked down to the second level yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom