• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Have you all named your characters?

My commando is named Rhett, and my siren is named Daedra.

DTKT

I really wanted heads to just explode and people just getting incinerated or melting with elemental weapons.

Shame. :|

ezekial45

Banned
Badass ranks were a wonderful idea. However came up with them at Gearbox deserves a raise.

It'll make trying out new characters so much more fun.
3AQmK.gif

Aurongel

I really wanted heads to just explode and people just getting incinerated or melting with elemental weapons.

Shame. :|

Yeah, I definitely miss that. Skags don't even gib when you hit them with a vehicle anymore.

I can't imagine why they were cut.

eshwaaz

So apparently not only can you not shoot guys heads off in BL2 but all the corrosive/electric weapon death animations have been removed as well.

This kinda sucks.

The gore in general has been toned way down in order to accommodate the violence restrictions of some countries. Look at the wonderful ropey blood effects in the original trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWJUSulnro&feature=player_detailpage#t=103s
Nowhere to be seen in the final version. What a shame.

The gore in general has been toned way down in order to accommodate the violence restrictions of some countries. Look at the wonderful ropey blood effects in the original trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWJUSulnro&feature=player_detailpage#t=103s
Nowhere to be seen in the final version. What a shame.

I'm not a gore-junkie but this kindof of focus-grouped, catering to the mediocre majority for greater consumption...thing...

Yeah...it makes me want to flip the fuck out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why the fuck is Madam Von almost taking no damage from me? My guns have had no problems with a single badass, but she's justl ike 'LOL DOESNT HURT INSTANT KILL MOVE'

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Why the fuck is Madam Von almost taking no damage from me? My guns have had no problems with a single badass, but she's justl ike 'LOL DOESNT HURT INSTANT KILL MOVE'

Get her on the ground and take out her kamikaze bugs that fly at you. Then get behind her and lay into her weak spot :)

EDIT: Also you can find skins and heads through drops from enemies/bosses etc. Some will be rare.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Get her on the ground and take out her kamikaze bugs that fly at you. Then get behind her and lay into her weak spot :)

EDIT: Also you can find skins and heads through drops from enemies/bosses etc. Some will be rare.

Heads too? I've found some skins.

BTW, are some of the vehicle skins supposed to spawn as white? Makes them easy to miss.

Can anyone confirm the following for BL2?

I would like to play with 3 other friends, using two tv's and two 360's. Can this be done with it being split screen and over live or system link?

dan2026

Its weird, you can gib enemies outright and you can blow off limbs (but not heads)

But its super super rare. Like 1 out of 20 enemies or more.

Edit : maybe you can blow off heads but its even rarer. I don't know.

Ken

Its weird, you can gib enemies outright and you can blow off limbs (but not heads)

But its super super rare. Like 1 out of 20 enemies or more.

Edit : maybe you can blow off heads but its even rarer. I don't know.

Wait so making sure, Zero can still behead people right. Just wondering...it's not like I'm a murderer or anything, really!

Razek

Banned
up to $40k. no idea what to do with it.

also, what are you guys above level 23 doing for space? or, how are you deciding what to sell?

I chose not to be attached to anything I know I'm never going to use, even if it's good. I keep something if I might have a possibility of switching to it in the future, like a class mod or relic.

Save some more for when that eventual rediculous weapon/class mod/other shows up in a machine and costs 10k. Otherwise, slots are a good choice. I recommend the one in the
thousands cuts map on the back of the giant guy left of the starting zone

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As beautiful as the maps look its a damned shame there are so many collision problems with the world itself.

Gearbox did a great job with the 2nd borderlands game, but for some reason the QA team I must say fell flat on its face when it came to checking the maps / design for problems. Since this isnt like secret squirrel jump humping into odd places kinda problems. Its all over the place and just playing through normally you can run into a lot of issues which chip away at the games overall greatness. :/

Some examples are

*getting stuck on invisible objects
*getting stuck in the terrain
*grenades acting funny with the terrain / due to world properties collision boxes
*things like cloth stopping player from walking under to reach lootable obejcts. Such as the makeshift tents found out in the world.

While it will be a ton of work, really if they can patch in fixes over time do think it will help the game a lot in the long run.

mash440

Neo Member
Added a few of ya'll guys as friends! Wanna get some jolly co-operation going.

Also don't trust the colour of the drops. This legendary is absolutely useless.

Jacob bonus on a 3 shot gun. Thing takes years to reload as well. Still... looks pretty.

I chose not to be attached to anything I know I'm never going to use, even if it's good. I keep something if I might have a possibility of switching to it in the future, like a class mod or relic.

Save some more for when that eventual rediculous weapon/class mod/other shows up in a machine and costs 10k. Otherwise, slots are a good choice. I recommend the one in the
thousands cuts map on the back of the giant guy left of the starting zone

Noted.

Yea, I just...I feel like I need more space in my BP.

I feel like I need to have an SMG and a sniper rifle with each element...then I feel like I need to have a pistol with each element in case my smg runs out of ammo...then the ARs...

I think I have 6 relics and 6 class mods too...then I tend to think I should hold onto old weapons that were good at the time for my next class play-through. I suppose if I decide I can dump those old weapons, I won't have much of a space issue at all.

Razek

Banned
Noted.

Yea, I just...I feel like I need more space in my BP.

I feel like I need to have an SMG and a sniper rifle with each element...then I feel like I need to have a pistol with each element in case my smg runs out of ammo...then the ARs...

I think I have 6 relics and 6 class mods too...then I tend to think I should hold onto old weapons that were good at the time for my next class play-through. I suppose if I decide I can dump those old weapons, I won't have much of a space issue at all.

Can't you fill up claptraps weapon storage thing too? You could put the old possible later playthrough weapons in there.

Added a few of ya'll guys as friends! Wanna get some jolly co-operation going.

Also don't trust the colour of the drops. This legendary is absolutely useless.

Jacob bonus on a 3 shot gun. Thing takes years to reload as well. Still... looks pretty.

That accuracy is insanely high for a shotgun. Plus, you may as well call it a one shot with 450 damage x7.

Just got past the part where
you have to save Roland
. My friend and I both had a bunch of fire weapons so it was pretty hard. I imagine it would've been much easier with at least 1 corrosive weapon.

Aggrotek

I just want that Orange rush! need the loot!

Also, trying out stuff with my Gunzerker
whose name is Scroty McBooger (balls wouldn't fit.)
and I gunzerked for 2.5 minutes without stopping earlier.....

Gorillaz

Only played for 2 days offf and on but man....that one mission where you had to kill a guy called Doc Mercy?

Holy Shit that was rough for a low level mission

you have to save Roland
. My friend and I both had a bunch of fire weapons so it was pretty hard. I imagine it would've been much easier with at least 1 corrosive weapon.
Yeah with a corrosive weapon, loaders don't seem too bad. Without one, you're hanging on for dear life.

you have to save Roland

this is part of the reason why I feel like I need to have like 3 of each elemental weapon. You just never know what you're going to encounter. you think you're probably just going to see regular goons and boom! everyone has a shield or you're dealing with robots. idk.

Yeah with a corrosive weapon, loaders don't seem too bad. Without one, you're hanging on for dear life.
I don't leave home without a corrosive sniper rifle (so good) AND a corrosive pistol or smg (in case I run out of sniper ammo). Sometimes I have all 3 (again, in the event I run out of ammo on 2).

Yeah, it was rough. I ended up using Deception a lot to get some critical melees which helped, though.

Hopefully I'll find a corrosive weapon soon. I haven't seen any yet.

thinline.jpg

there's a thin line between love & hate.

This would have been the best shield I have. Relatively high booster drop chance, decent delay and high recharge rate for the level, good cap.

The problem? That little lightning symbol. See, when that 12% booster chance triggers, it drops a shield right? Right. Good shit. Well...it also drops a set of 3 bouncing lightning grenades that hurt foe and friend alike every couple of seconds (3 rounds of 3 sets total). So even if you wanted to run in and grab the booster, you can't or you'll probably die. Which, of course, defeats the fucking purpose of equipping a shield that kicks out a booster at all. You probably needed it when it was triggered, but you have to wait maybe 7 seconds before you can even get close to it.

These lightning grenades fly out of the booster itself (picture a water fountain) so wherever the booster lands (whether far away from you, or right next to you if it hits a wall and falls close to you) shit is taking heavy damage. It would be one of the coolest items I've found IF the lightning didn't also damage ME too....but it does. The chances that it shoots out extra damage to an enemy by bouncing next to him seems to in no way make up for the risk involved. I've been killed by this shield at least 3 times that I can remember and have moved on to another. I don't know if it's a glitch that this is happening, but it fucking sucks if it was intentional. An otherwise excellent shield completely ruined by its ability to self-inflict damage on you unexpectedly. Sometimes you won't even know what's hitting you. If you don't hear the audio trigger and are zoomed in, you won't know until you're in Fight For Your Life mode suddenly.

/frustrated. Wiskey Tango Foxtrot indeed. You'll be saying WTF on a regular basis.

thats the joke..seriously.

-__-

Well this sucks, looks like I'm behind (or ahead) of the campaign. I'm now facing foes that are far superior than me and I cannot even kill them. I am a level 16 and facing enemies that are 19 and 20.

Now what?

Go do a bunch of side missions to get my level up?

Prezhulio

so my cursor has disappeared on the pc version. tried restarting borderlands, verifying files, restarting computer...no luck? anyone have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom