• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

Europe and Russia Steam unlocks in less than 1 hour! :)

never understood digital release date differences, its retailer agreements or something right?

also posted an update about some EU users getting stuffed with inferior russian versions of the game.

seems 2k and 1c have listened to customers and will be offering a worldwide version with multiple languages to everyone who purchased an RU version

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/zxbmd/here_in_russia_and_the_cis_were_getting_our_own/c6ao4gn

2K Games and 1C Company have updated the PC versions of Borderlands 2 that are purchased from both retail locations and via digital distribution in Russia, the Baltic states, and CIS territories. Consumers in these countries will now receive a bundle that contains both the 1C Russian language version of Borderlands 2, as well as the 2K Games worldwide (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German (edit: and Japanese)) version of the game. This gives consumers in these countries the widest range of options to both choose their preferred language and play with their friends across the world. Though the 1C and 2K versions do not support cross-version play, consumers can install both versions and have the option to play each. Additionally, Borderlands 2 Season Pass and DLC content purchased in these territories will contain this bundled format content. We thank customers for their feedback as we continue to work to provide the best products we can offer worldwide.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Lean, green, headshot machine.

G9m8s.jpg

Did you recreate the Phaselock/Phasewalk combo from the launch trailer? I did and it was glorious.

Yeah, that whole sequence was just really cool, especially with PhysX and corrosive goo flying off everywhere :p

Happened to me quite a few times, and twice they almost killed me. Now I'm sorta scared to open a chest when I'm low on ammo.

Oh damn, lmao. This happened during the Firehawk quest.

Nugg

I made myself a custom avatar waiting for the EU unlock!
Not sure if it's good, it's too small. I'm not that good at this
I'm excited!

HoosTrax

I'm guessing tonight is gonna break the 100,000 mark (rest of the world release)?
Well you forget that Torchlight II also got released a few hours ago and the two audiences overlap quite a bit. So it could go either way.

I plan on checking out my TL2 preorder sometime, maybe tonight.

Decided to double dip on the PS3 version. Really impressed with how decent the game looks on 6 year old tech. Doesn't compare to PC but it's good enough to play some co-op with my IRL friends.

abundant

I've decided to play a mix of solo and coop now because some of the missions, like the one
where you save Roland
are almost impossible unless you get lucky with a loot drop or grind. I kept running out of ammo. Playing that mission in coop was a lot more reasonable.

Coconut

Banned
Well you forget that Torchlight II also got released a few hours ago and the two audiences overlap quite a bit. So it could go either way.

I plan on checking out my TL2 preorder sometime, maybe tonight.

I think due to the shooter nature of BL2 has larger pull from other genres, where torchlight caters to RPG fans and that's it.

dan2026

So apparently not only can you not shoot guys heads off in BL2 but all the corrosive/electric weapon death animations have been removed as well.

This kinda sucks.

JohngPR

So yeah, Borderlands 2 has been my crack since Tuesday. Really enjoying the game. It's better in almost every way compared to Borderlands 1. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but I found the premise and main systems of the first game to be great so I don't mind it that it doesn't reinvent the wheel. It's a refinement of something that was already a lot of fun.

If there was one thing I could fix, it would be that the map still isn't perfect. There are times when you can't tell the difference between an objective that's above or below. It's not anything that ruins the game, and it is much more improved from the first game but is a valid complaint, IMO.

I'm a level 16 Assassin right now. Good times. Great game. :)

Doorman

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are a hell of a lot more guns this time around that use up multiple ammo per shot. Has anybody else noticed this? I swear that every elemental pistol I've come across so far uses 2, as do most all shotguns. It's not even like many of these guns are particularly powerful or anything, it just feels like a waste. I miss my incendiary pistol from BL1 that got me though nearly a third of the game on its own...

Nothing to do but make like Lee nails and press on, hoping for the best.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
True sadly. There is a big stink about it on the official forums.

Rightfully so Id say. Since the game is already over the top with its dialog so why not the graphics also like the first one. Really takes away from the charm of the game itself.

So far all I've done is shoot people, open boxes and wade through mountains of crap loot. Does it get more varied? Pretty bored to be honest. Maybe Borderlands isn't for me.

Doorman

So far all I've done is shoot people, open boxes and wade through mountains of crap loot. Does it get more varied? Pretty bored to be honest. Maybe Borderlands isn't for me.

To be fair, that's about two activities more than you get out of most modern FPS. What exactly are you wishing for as far as variety?

Man I really wish there were a way to set up a highlander mode in this game.

I don't really mind the same classes most of the time but it feels like I keep getting invaded by Zero. It freaks me out.

Razek

Banned
Lean, green, headshot machine.

G9m8s.jpg

I'd gladly trade you for my assault rifle I'll never use. A decent sniper is all I ask for, and I'm super jelly at that thing lol.

To be fair, that's about two activities more than you get out of most modern FPS. What exactly are you wishing for as far as variety?

I don't know how far you are, but the first ice map has just awful loot. The game really starts giving you varied stuff around level 10, and everything unlocks at about level 15. Loot appearance is staggered on level (and location).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom