• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How early does GMG send out Steam keys before release? Are they consistent?

This is my first purchase from them, but the confirmation email says they will be sent "on the day of release." Don't get to pre-load on steam, but I wouldn't be surprised if they key distribution is automated and takes place sometime after midnight, leaving me with a key in my inbox before leaving for work in the morning.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why this game has to come out in 10 days? ;\ There is no way, i'm going to stop playing GW 2 so soon.
Still buying it day one, game is looking to be great :)

Good news! GW2 doesn't have a monthly subscription so you shouldn't feel any concern over stepping off the hamster wheel now and then to play other games.

This is my first purchase from them, but the confirmation email says they will be sent "on the day of release." Don't get to pre-load on steam, but I wouldn't be surprised if they key distribution is automated and takes place sometime after midnight, leaving me with a key in my inbox before leaving for work in the morning.

I've read that we can start pre-loading on Steam three days before launch, so I hope GMG sends out the codes then.

Megasoum

Banned
How early does GMG send out Steam keys before release? Are they consistent?

They always say "On release day" but it's a convservative guess. Most of the time you get it the day the pre-load start. Now we just need to find out when the pre-load will start on steam lol. Probably Friday.

They always say "On release day" but it's a convservative guess. Most of the time you get it the day the pre-load start. Now we just need to find out when the pre-load will start on steam lol. Probably Friday.
Yeah, I bought Darksiders 2 on GMG and I remember pre-loading it on Steam.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Games are starting to come out again.
For me personally, next week is Kirby Dream Collection, Borderlands 2, and Jet Set. The week after that is One Piece then like 2 weeks after that is Dishonored and RE6 is the week before that

Raxus

I just want more varied missions, and less mediocre fetch quests (none hopefully).

Well I have good news and bad news.

In a ton of playthroughs they make special note of the variety of missions in the game and everything I have seen (without blacking out the entire post) has delivered. That said there is still a handful of quests which are more or less fetch quests but nothing offensive.

Games are starting to come out again.
For me personally, next week is Kirby Dream Collection, Borderlands 2, and Jet Set. The week after that is One Piece then like 2 weeks after that is Dishonored and RE6 is the week before that

September is looking great, tbqh. Torchlight II, Borderlands 2 and Baldur's Gate Enhanced. Glad I built a new PC recently. =)

Why does GMG keep telling me Order not complete when I try to pay for this game? They no want my monies? Anyone else have this problem?

solarus

In a ton of playthroughs they make special note of the variety of missions in the game and everything I have seen (without blacking out the entire post) has delivered. That said there is still a handful of quests which are more or less fetch quests but nothing offensive.

I'm sure this time around they will have an amusing spin, I remember reading something about a mission where you help organise claptrap's birthday party so maybe you fetch birthday items for it. I love that Randy finds humour to be important in these games.

I hvae NO problem with that, BL is like crack to me it was my first MMO like experience where I just wanted more and did not care that the missions may actually be boring or meaningless.

But hey that is just me :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm American and used paypal, which are generally two things that help you avoid online digital sales issues. I may every well have run into that issue if I opted to use a debit/credit card.

VanWinkle

Could some kind soul give me a rundown of some of the improvements in this game? Like, for instance, I just saw on the last page that you don't have to replay missions in single player that you already played in multiplayer, which is awesome. However, "new environments" wouldn't necessarily be an improvement, unless there was something better about the new environments.

Just some of the improvements you all are excited about, and I could learn about them through that. I don't know much about this game at all really, but I did like Borderlands 1 a lot, despite it having some flaws.

Could some kind soul give me a rundown of some of the improvements in this game? Like, for instance, I just saw on the last page that you don't have to replay missions in single player that you already played in multiplayer, which is awesome. However, "new environments" wouldn't necessarily be an improvement, unless there was something better about the new environments.

Just some of the improvements you all are excited about, and I could learn about them through that. I don't know much about this game at all really, but I did like Borderlands 1 a lot, despite it having some flaws.

improved hud and menu. just that alone for me is good. it feels more like part of BL2 now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Environments are kind of a big deal for me because the same desert setting completely killed my interest in BL1 until the very end.

Honestly, the game fixes so many aesthetic problems that ruined the first game for me. Also, more enemy variety, and some of the enemies have weak points that you can blow off to change their behavior.

Environments are kind of a big deal for me because the same desert setting completely killed my interest in BL1 until the very end.

Honestly, the game fixes so many aesthetic problems that ruined the first game for me. Also, more enemy variety, and some of the enemies have weak points that you can blow off to change their behavior.

and elemental enemies with evolving enemies getting stronger based on rank of badassery.

Raide

The evolving monsters sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what else is out there. I have only seen 2 monsters so far but they both look great fun to play with. :D

The True Vault Hunter Mode is the main thing I love the sound of. More challenge, improved A.I and special monster encounters? Yes Please!

In regards of the environment there is a huge improvement over the first game in terms of diversity and openness. It is not just a 'one way street' when you need to go towards a mission, and a lot of bases have platforms and ladders so combat is never on oné level. You either fight on the top, bottom or ground level.

There is more diversity in enemies. Some of them even level up if you keep them alive long enough, making them tougher to kill in the progress. The weapons have more diversity. There are far less same working weapons with a different paint color, instead they either shoot faster, shoot rockets, shoot elemental ammo, have a sniper which shoots rockets, a pistol that shoots grenades etc.

thabiz

Just got back from pickin up NHL 13, and my man at the store said this was doing mad numbers.

Is this the official kickoff of the gaming season?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just got back from pickin up NHL 13, and my man at the store said this was doing mad numbers.

Absolutely. It's probably the 5th most reserved title at my store(behind COD, RE, AC, and Halo)

Derrick01

Banned

I'd say last month was with Sleeping Dogs if we're talking quality. If quality + sales then yeah this is the first mammoth game of the Fall season. I would be shocked if it's anything less than 1 million in this month's NPDs.

Raide

I'd say last month was with Sleeping Dogs if we're talking quality. If quality + sales then yeah this is the first mammoth game of the Fall season. I would be shocked if it's anything less than 1 million in this month's NPDs.

Borderlands was a bit of a sleeper to most people and it ended with some awesome numbers. I am hoping BL2 blows through all of that and shows big numbers for the NPD. If all is good, I should be playing that for ages and ages, even with Halo 4 appearing in Fall.

Derrick01

Banned
Borderlands was a bit of a sleeper to most people and it ended with some awesome numbers. I am hoping BL2 blows through all of that and shows big numbers for the NPD. If all is good, I should be playing that for ages and ages, even with Halo 4 appearing in Fall.

I mean it kind of has to do huge numbers all around doesn't it? They said it was only behind GTA 4 and San Andreas in preorder numbers in their company's history so unless it's waaay behind those 2 then we have to be talking several million sold worldwide on day 1 right? Unless a ton of people don't pick their preorders up.

Kaldea

I hear ya. Lilith was like the perfect fit for me. Everything I looked for in a char. :(
Yep, same. I wouldn't have gotten into the first Borderlands as soon as I did if it wasn't for Lilith. I have a huge thing for awesome playable female character designs/personalities and I was hooked for life the second I heard Lilith's laugh while playing as her. :D

Raide

I mean it kind of has to do huge numbers all around doesn't it? They said it was only behind GTA 4 and San Andreas in preorder numbers in their company's history so unless it's waaay behind those 2 then we have to be talking several million sold worldwide on day 1 right? Unless a ton of people don't pick their preorders up.

Well, it should make the NPD's a bit more lively.

Yep. I happen to be getting married on the 22nd and between that and the honeymoon, my friends are going to leave me in the dust in levels.

I wish there was an elegant solution but it will probably just involve me playing solo to try and catch up, or my truest friends starting a second char to play with me lol.

congratulations mang.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yep, same. I wouldn't have gotten into the first Borderlands as soon as I did if it wasn't for Lilith. I have a huge thing for awesome playable female character designs/personalities and I was hooked for life the second I heard Lilith's laugh while playing as her. :D

"I'm really good at this!"

Make sure the address you signed up with is the same as your PayPal primary address or it won't work. They tell you this when you sign up.

Its exactly the same.

Make sure you activate your GMG account before completing an order. I was wondering why it wouldn't let me order, and it was because I hadn't checked my email for an account confirmation from GMG. Try that.

Not the case.

This is really frustrating. I even sent a support ticket but haven't heard back. :(

Fixed1979

I went down to my local small town Wal-Mart at lunch to pick up a copy and by the time I had gotten to the till to pay for it he had brought up 5 more copies for the people behind me. The next few months are going to be full of fun releases.

I'm still torn on this one. I enjoyed my fairly limited time with the first one but I found a few places where I'd get stuck simply because I'm guessing I'm bad at the game or maybe didn't understand what I was supposed to do. Early in the game when you have to kill Moe and ? I found it pretty hard and had to do a bit of damage then run away and repeat. Pretty annoying.

Ken

If I buy a PC copy in stores on the 18th, will I be able to play online even though Steam says it releases on the 21st for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom