• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Currently stuck doing Bandit Slaughter. ****ing game gets to wave 1 of round 1 every damn time and stops spawning enemies, forcing me to quit and start over. I hope to god this quest isn't mandatory to move forward.

Some people said you might have to level or advance other quests to fix that spawn bug. Not sure if that's a real solution or not but I'd just shelve that side mission for now if it keeps bugging in the same spot.

edit: The goliaths might be it too but I purposely headshotted them and had them fight in all the rounds/waves and never ran into that problem so IDK

Some people said you might have to level or advance other quests to fix that spawn bug. Not sure if that's a real solution or not but I'd just shelve that side mission for now if it keeps bugging in the same spot.

It only happens when a goliath enrages and kills other mobs. I dont think the game is taking those deaths into consideration when it calculates the time to advance to the next round.

Edgeward

Going into the Slaughterdome and in the 2nd quest of it one of the waves releases 6 Goliaths. My buddy and I unintentionally grouped them together and created an explosion that enraged all of them and saw them killing each and other bandits. It was fucking awesome.

Midget badasses are total dicks though. =(

mauaus

What happens if i join an online game to do the same story mission im on... will it save my progress? Or do i have to host?

What the hell? There are one-way fast travel locations??? After dying to a boss a couple times I figured I'd restock before trying again. It never occurred to me that I couldn't warp right back. Why even have the fast travel then? I have no desire to work my way all the back up there. It took me forever the first time:( It should at least warn you. Fucking hell...

I made this mistake, but it does warn you. These locations have a no U-turn logo above them, alerting you that it's a one way trip.

bonesquad

I made this mistake, but it does warn you. These locations have a no U-turn logo above them, alerting you that it's a one way trip.

Seriously? That's more cryptic than the golden chest. Fuck you Gearbox! I swear they only put these in the game to piss me off. They serve no practical purpose. Gearbox is probably laughing their ass off right now...so again, fuck you Gearbox! :)

Naite

I think I may need to rearrange my current build for True Vault Hunter mode. Those Super Badass Maniacs are giving me nightmares. I had to respawn 4 times just to kill a pair of them.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Hi, just checking in. So I've put about 4 hours into this game so far and I'm really liking it. I played borderlands 1 and just did not like it. This one has been much more up my ally.

Only thing that bugs me at this point is the writing, which I find to be hit or miss. It tries to be funny by sheer volume of jokes. Don't get me wrong, some are good, but sometimes I wish the game would stop talking.

Raide

PC version looks delicious. Its runny nicely on my rig. It feels like Borderlands but playing with new guns and skills makes it feel spanky new! ALso nice to have some old and new enemies to shoot. :D Started with Axton and I do enjoy throwing turrets around like the good old days.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not that much to write home about except critting for 40k. Lordy.

xjfzb.jpg

Raxus

Where is the last quest in *Warning end game spoiler*
Fyrestone, pretty sure it is the last quest outside of Terramorphous I need to complete.

Xevren

I <3 Tediore weapons. Ended up getting a level 30 legendary SMG and I loves it. After you reload and throw the weapon as a grenade, it pops out yet another grenade.

Vodh

No. I was consistently grossly overleveled for my entire first playthrough due to doing too many sidequests. We finished at level 33 with about 15 sidequests left unfinished.

I think he might have meant getting overleveled by peers, not by content you're doing. And yeah, I get that. A bit.

nbraun80

Argh, froze on wave 4 this time... one more try then I'm done with this quest.
Hmmm. Me and my buddy were doing this and it always froze between round one and two and we had to kill ourselves to get out. We just went back out into the fridge and back in and it fixed our glitch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've never had a freeze on an arena and I've done them both way too much.

Make sure you move around the map to trigger spawns and that there are not cloaked enemies behind cover.

Hit 44 on my Zerker from farming. Moved up the story. Got to the 1st arena area again. Think I'll pass on it for now.

Zampano

Well, shared loot kills random co-op dead for me. So annoying and stops you beig able to take your time. Some utter prick stole one of my Sanctuary chest guns. Individual loot is one of the few design decisions Diablo 3 got right.

Sojgat

Playing on 360 and loving the game. I'm having a weird issue with the sound though. Indoors missions seem fine, but then when I load back into an outdoors environment the audio is much quieter (almost like underwater). I keep constantly having to turn the volume up and down on my speakers. I haven't read the whole thread, is this a thing or am I just having bad luck for some reason.

Randdalf

Is there any way to backup to a previous Steam Cloud local save? A message popped up stating that my save wasn't synced with Steam Cloud so I foolishly chose to use the online version rather than the local version... which ended up wiping all the progress I made yesterday and set me back from level 15 to level 11...

edit: fixed, Windows Backup comes to the rescue

Wallach

Zer0's Cunning tree is amazingly powerful. I managed to kill the final boss in a total of 1sec after respeccing into it.

It's as close as you can get to Mordecai's old Gunslinger tree, which was also utterly broken. I don't think the pistols in this game match the stupidity of BL1 but Cunning isn't forced into pistols like Gunslinger either.

This game is so good!

I found this glorious, glorious gun:

Since Im a melee Zer0 and I have the skill that gun damage increases the next melee damage and vice-versa, I am kicking so much ass with this, it's ridiculous. :p

I LOVE THIS GAME!

PS - Im lvl 19 and Im still using it, lol!

Megasoum

Banned
Got my first legendary at level 14 by winning the jackpot on the slot machines! It's not really that good tho. My shotgun I have is already better.

And I totally forgot about Michael. Forgot to look for him in sanctuary since now. I heard he can be in a bunch of random spots too? ugh

sophora

Got my first legendary at level 14 by winning the jackpot on the slot machines! It's not really that good tho. My shotgun I have is already better.

And I totally forgot about Michael. Forgot to look for him in sanctuary since now. I heard he can be in a bunch of random spots too? ugh

<3 that shotgun,
just because it follows your enemies after you reload it ;)

LQX

Oh wow, I just encountered a massive bug with one of the shields. It explodes each time the shield is depleted and for some reason it would explode each time I died and respawned killing me instantly over and over.

Megasoum

Banned
I really don't know why but I find the sound the game makes when you click on a skin/head/vehicle custom thing in your inventory to be the most annoying sound ever lol.

Riggs

Banned
I really don't know why but I find the sound the game makes when you click on a skin/head/vehicle custom thing in your inventory to be the most annoying sound ever lol.

Strange I love it. I HATE Tiny Tina. Some gaffers earlier were saying how much they loved her. I wanted to detective gaf them. Find their address's and commit them to 72 hour involuntary psych evaluation!

I love the game, but they are in desperate need of a checkpoint save system. I need to be able to leave a mission and come back to it later. Gearbox, some of us have lives. We can't spend 3 hours doing one quest. The manner in which you think you've done what a quest wants you to do only for it to send you all the way across the world to do something else is just frustrating because if you exit, you're often forced to repeat huge parts of the mission just to get back to where you were.

I'm also glad that I didn't knee-jerk buy the season pass. I get the shitty feeling that at least one of them may contain more of those broken arenas and/or timed missions. Timed missions like these are never good. Never. They feel like busy work in this game, and I don't need busy work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom