• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTJAAAAM

Not the greatest find in the world, but moving up from a 90 Damage assault rifle that was performing decently to this was nice:

J2iFz.jpg

Edgeward

We are on it. We may have figured out the culprit. I'd recommend turning on DMZ on your router and turning off port blocking items if at all possible.

Fix is currently in QA and will see if this is the culprit. Our awesome programmers set up a lab in our office with a bunch of different routers to see what the culprit was and they think they know.

Good to hear! I'm reluctant to DMZ my pc though, so I'll just struggle with online for now and hope for a speedy release of a patch.

Gartooth

Holy hell at the amount of side quests you get after returning to
Sanctuary after it flys/teleports.
Haven't even finished that many of them yet, so I know I will have a lot to do even if I decide to not do the main quest for a while.

Also got Zer0 halfway through his bloodshed tree, and I'm starting to appreciate his action skill with his execute ability being so much fun to use.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Two of his skill trees are melee, and his active skill is for melee.

Not true, two of his three trees have lots of skills that worked with ranged and even the third tree has a few.

His active works with ranged as well. Not only does it show exactly where the crit spots are it reduces your crosshair to a pinpoint to make it trivially easy to hit them and gives you a damage boost while you're at it, and plenty of other passives as well.

Seems to me you're purposely ignoring the perfectly viable ranged specs open to him. There is a reason most of his mods have sniper rifle or pistol buffs.

That said he feels pretty gimp in true vault hunter difficulty. I just hit Sanctuary at level 36 and it was WORK. That last bit of the mission where you have to get the power core I used up all my ammo getting the 20 kill sidequest. Maybe my guns are just gimp but it was taking me a lot of hits to kill things, even with crits.

Then I blew 150k on the slot machine, no jackpot.

Not the greatest find in the world, but moving up from a 90 Damage assault rifle that was performing decently to this was nice:

,[/QUOTE]

I got something with better stats, but its a blue level 15 version. It came from the Tribute to a Vault Hunter NPC. He really does have some good stuff.

KingKong

anyone know if there's some kind of trainer/ini hack to change character class?

I'm not really enjoying Salvatore but I'm like 10 hours in and don't feel like restarting

Derrick01

Banned
Christ on a stick that boss I just beat was a massive pain in the ass. I don't think I could have done it without my turret and even then it took a long time. I hate boss fights that spam extra enemies at you.

Gotchaye

So do cataclysm first?

Not necessarily, but Cataclysm will likely be what you max out first as a solo. Respeccing is also dirt cheap, so it often makes sense to switch around from tree to tree as you get enough total skill points to access new tiers.

It seems to me that all three trees are pretty good solo at least until you get access to third tier skills, and Cataclysm is less useful than the others at the start of the game when you're not using elemental weapons. But you probably want Cloud Kill as soon as possible.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aaaaand game has started to get difficult.

I just did the mission Good, Bad, and the Mordecai (sp?), and that Hyperion prison area? Yeah....Ouch.

The good news is I learned how important a slag weapon is! I found a shitty slag sniper on my Maya. Turns out, even though the sniper is bad, slag + my high damage fire or corrode weapon = easy mode boss kills. I just need a good slag SMG or grenade with 6+ children. <3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
anyone know if there's some kind of trainer/ini hack to change character class?

I'm not really enjoying Salvatore but I'm like 10 hours in and don't feel like restarting
imo once you get the reload on kill skill, or you get your movement on hit to 5, or the way I did it (blitzing to the 50% gunzerking skill) it feels a lot better.

Naite

I have found my new favorite gun.

rHiVr.jpg

mrsPI.jpg

Pretty much anywhere I shoot at, there's also multiple sets of shotgun shells flying horizontally at them. Sniping is pretty good with this gun.

I have a level 14 legendary grenade that is sorta making everything easy mode, including bosses. I just toss it and run away. It lands, spits out about 6 grenades in a huge radius, they all connect to each other with electricity in a big circle and everything caught inside of that circle gets fried pretty much instantly.
Wilhelm
was dead within 10 seconds of the start of that fight due to just one grenade.

Just finished the game's story mode. I was going to go in with some friends but then Steam maintenance got in the way so one-man-one'd it.

Non-Spoilers: Love the final boss, ending was... Alright.

Spoilers:
Final boss was really cool and really fun, but not really challenging. Maybe it was my level, my load-out, but had no real problems with it, but still had a lot of fun with it. Was really cool to fight something so friggin' huge too. Pretty epic final battle, and Handsome Jack's battle was interesting even though I beat him in literally 30 seconds.

I was a bit disappointed the ending was so... Non-ending. And really short. But it was kinda cool to have the credits end and start right back where you ended to give you the feeling there's still a lot more to do. Also was fairly heart-warming reading all the thanks from Gearbox peeps in the credits.

And now to try the new mode I unlocked.

Agree on pretty much everything. (Spoilers)
Jack was a cakewalk and, while The Warrior was a great boss in terms of size and visual design, I mostly breezed through that as well. I was a Level 35 Gunzerker playing solo so I don't know if I was perhaps a bit too overpowered, but he did seem to be far easier than The Destroyer from the original game. The ending seemed a bit short but I loved being able to put a bullet through Jack's head. The fact that it was so damn satisfying to finally kill him just goes to show you how great a job Gearbox did at creating a truly epic villain. And I couldn't help but to read through all the "Thanks" as well. That was a nice touch in the credits.

Overall, a terrific game that surpasses the original in nearly every way. Probably gonna take a few days off before diving into the new mode.

BTW, for anyone who's finished the game,
the "Did It All" achievement that you get for completing all side missions, that includes needing to beat Terramorphous, correct? I completed every single side mission during the game that I found and it didn't unlock, so I'm guessing that's the only one left.

CoLaN

I didn't play the first one so Borderlands 2 is a really fresh experience for me, and i'm loving it.

I'm on PC and it looks really good; i have been playing in singleplayer and then jumped in a public game online, and it was a blast.

Gotchaye

I have a level 14 legendary grenade that is sorta making everything easy mode, including bosses. I just toss it and run away. It lands, spits out about 6 grenades in a huge radius, they all connect to each other with electricity in a big circle and everything caught inside of that circle gets fried pretty much instantly.
Wilhelm
was dead within 10 seconds of the start of that fight due to just one grenade.

That's one of the most important changes from the first game, really. Grenades are incredibly useful now. Anything that puts out persistent corrosive damage will absolutely destroy Loaders of all types. Slag grenades will coat everything in an area and let you wipe them all out much more easily with guns. And so on.

Harbinger - you were way overpowered. The quest is labeled three levels lower. That said,
The Warrior was also pretty straightforward with my level 31 Zero; he just didn't attack persistently enough to stop my shields from coming back each time. Jack was more difficult, though.

PlayDat

Some will disagree, but despite the game placing a higher emphasis on it's story/humor, it still isn't very good and is outright irritating at times. You'll be fine listening to music/podcasts while playing it, it might actually be the way to go.

Thanks. I was sorta just looking for a game I could zone out to anyway.

Aggrotek

Oh my god just had the most hilarious glitch ever happen.

Major spoilers so don't read if you care about the end of the game:

Me and a friend were co-oping the entire game, we get to Jack/the Warrior. Jack was easy didn't struggle too much through it. The warrior fight got intense. We got him down to about 1/16 of it's health and he put BOTH of us into fight for your life. We were like oh fuck kill it hurry! So we just kept shooting it in its mouth. Turns out we killed it at the EXACT time that we both died. So we were like oh shit. We spawn back up at the top of the vault, have to run down back to where jack is hiding in his bubble. The warrior was dead but it's body had fallen onto the button to kill it. So we couldn't finish the quest. I had to kill myself, then fast travel back to Hero's Pass, walk ALL THE WAY back to the vault and when we got there, jack was still in his bubble. Thankfully the warrior was out of the way so we could end the quest. But here's the glitch. All of Jack's clones were alive and still attacking us. So we try to kill them all but they just keep respawning infinitely. I killed jack so that the clones would stop. Which triggered the end cutscene. Throughout the ENTIRE cutscene you can see Jack clones running around yelling shit. It was hilarious.

The best part: When Lilith say's "Guess there ain't no rest for the wicked." A Jack clone hops up from behind her from the lava on fire and yells an obscenity. Dear god I was in fucking tears.

All in all this game is amazing. The story was so good.

Harbinger - you were way overpowered. The quest is labeled three levels lower. That said,
The Warrior was also pretty straightforward with my level 31 Zero; he just didn't attack persistently enough to stop my shields from coming back each time. Jack was more difficult, though.

Heh, I figured as much. That's what I get for going through all the side quests and racking up XP, I suppose. (Spoilers)
But even then, if I was a couple notches lower, I honestly don't think Warrior would've been much more difficult. I don't recall losing much health/shield at all during the boss fight. He didn't attack very often, the rising lava was very easy to avoid, and the Crystalisks seemed to keep to themselves and didn't get in my way. I liked how The Destroyer seemed to have several different attacks and I don't recall it ever letting up during the fight as often as The Warrior did. The Warrior was still very cool though. I had the biggest grin when he popped up from the lava the first time. Such a spectacular beast.

Mupod

So, got this thing off some optional boss. What the description doesn't say is that it fires both barrels at once, so it's shooting 4 rounds per shot...no big deal for a Gunzerker, and it hits so absurdly hard that I basically one shot everything right now. I'm pure Brawn spec too, don't even need damage skills.

I put on my Sledge head in honor of it, can't see myself replacing it for a loooong time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Killed ___ in about 3 seconds zerking, then just stood still and pelted the _______.
Boring :(
So, got this thing off some optional boss. What the description doesn't say is that it fires both barrels at once, so it's shooting 4 rounds per shot...no big deal for a Gunzerker, and it hits so absurdly hard that I basically one shot everything right now. I'm pure Brawn spec too, don't even need damage skills.

I put on my Sledge head in honor of it, can't see myself replacing it for a loooong time.
Was it Rakkman? Does it have knockback?

jediyoshi

We are on it. We may have figured out the culprit. I'd recommend turning on DMZ on your router and turning off port blocking items if at all possible.

Fix is currently in QA and will see if this is the culprit. Our awesome programmers set up a lab in our office with a bunch of different routers to see what the culprit was and they think they know.

Hallelujah!

nbraun80

I'm a lvl 31 axton and I'm close to beating it, but I've finally started finding decent assault rifles. I grew tired of the AR's that all consume 2-4 ammo and have some slow moving explosive damage bullets. The one I'm using now is about 400 damage, 50 round clip, nice reload speed and fire rate, and no consumes 2 ammo bs.

I found a few good AR's by killing
Saturn. He's in the nexus badlands outside of firestone and he usually drops at least 2 purple things for me and he's easy to get to and do quick loot runs.

Also does anyone else find themselves in the shooting range alot? I like to see how much my extra gun damage increases are doing and I like to shoot a gun for like 5 sec. and see how much damage I can potentially do in 5 sec. and compare to other guns. ha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are there any known mini bosses or quest lines that will almost always give an orange weapon?
I just did
a Lilith Side Quest for hunting down tapes of her or someone who knows info about her named Ball I believe and I got an orange Shield that emits a constant fire nova when the shield goes out. Fucking awesome.

Pics hopefully soon.

Ronabo

So anyone not in the premiere club?

EDIT: Taken.

I just wanted to say if anyone else has an unused Xbox premiere club code I'd love to have it or possibly purchase it for my girlfriends son. We preordered 2 copies of the game (1 for me 1 for him for his birthday) from Amazon expecting to get 2 codes. Well that didn't happen and Amazon's customer service can't help saying it was one code per order, which I think is bullcrap.

Thanks.

Raxus

Thank god. I can connect to empty's games no problem but every time liquidmetal is in a game my game goes apeshit and can't connect.

Meier

I never played any co-op in BL1.. just did it all solo. Can I hop into someone else's game who is further along and resume my "solo" game? How does the save system work in this regard? Do I just progress further and maybe miss an achievement or two due to not completing missions?

Quoting again since I don't think I received an answer.. anyone?

Raxus

Quoting again since I don't think I received an answer.. anyone?

You can join and complete quests with your friend. When you play solo and you 'catch up' you are then given the option to fast forward to where you and your friend left off.

So, is True Vault Hunter mode really that different?

That's interesting, considering that Zombie Island was basically a Jakobs expansion.

Looking forward to having Torgue fleshed out.

There are more enemy types, the first example you run into is a caustic bullymong for starters and they now seem to have better gear I fought a bandit with a nova shield at some point.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Speaking of which the game suddenly worked for me despite not having DMZ on. Though apparently it's laggy according to my friend.

Rikyfree

I love looking at other people's orange loot. It reminds me how I've only gotten one(quest reward) and it wasn't any better than what I was using at the time. But I've gotten a few purple weapons so I'm not completely useless lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom