• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The References to other games are sooo tasty..theres a bullymang that throws a specific type of projectile at you with an interesting name :p

The grenades that pop out and form a circle of death are my favorite. Basically just toss 1, step aside for a bit, everyone dies, you move on. Not good to use in co-op though.

The References to other games are sooo tasty..theres a bullymang that throws a specific type of projectile at you with an interesting name :p

On my next playthru I think I'm going to stop the naming quest right when it gets to Bonerfarts just to see if they're called that for the rest of the game.

Vesper73

I know everyone has differing opinions on the matter, but I simply love PhysX in this game! Well done!

<- Everything on Max (660ti and i7 @ 3.7)

abundant

Finally got to the bottom of the Cataclysm tree for Maya. Finally ability is so good, its taking out Goliaths and stuff in one Phaselock by itself.

The Cataclysm tree for Maya is the way to go if you are soloing it. I'm using elemental weapons and constantly seeing blue, green, and orange numbers. So good. Helios is a good skill to have if you have a class mod that does +Burning Damage.

Drazgul

Normally I don't care much for the juvenile humor in this game, but Smash Head's companions got me:

Midgets wearing bone armor. And what are they called? Midget Boners.

vaelic

Banned
It is possible to disable the startup movies by editing the WillowEngine.ini file located in your Documents/My Games folder and commenting out a few lines which define which videos play when the game launches.

The default location for the Borderlands 2 config folder within your Documents folder is;

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config\

Simply edit the file 'WillowEngine.ini' and find the following variables:

[FullScreenMovie]
StartupMovies=2K_logo
StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
StartupMovies=NVidia
StartupMovies=Loading
SkippableMovies=2K_logo
SkippableMovies=Gearbox_logo
SkippableMovies=Attract
SkippableMovies=NVidia

...and comment out the 'StartupMovies' lines as follows;

[FullScreenMovie]
;StartupMovies=2K_logo
;StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
;StartupMovies=NVidia
;StartupMovies=Loading
SkippableMovies=2K_logo
SkippableMovies=Gearbox_logo
SkippableMovies=Attract
SkippableMovies=NVidia

This should cause the game to skip over these startup movies when you start Borderlands 2.

To disable the Borderlands 2 launcher, set the following launch option within Steam:

-NoLauncher

To change launch options with Steam, do the following;

Right-click on 'Borderlands 2' under the game Library in Steam and select Properties
Under the General tab click the 'Set launch options...' button
Enter the launch options as per above and click OK
Close the Borderlands 2's 'Properties' window and launch the game
This will disable the 'Play/Setup' screen upon launching Borderlands 2 from within Steam.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/85323/how-can-i-disable-the-splash-screen-and-intro-videos

Megasoum

Banned
Launch stuff

I disabled the launcher a couple of days ago but I don't really get why some people freak out over the logo movies, you can all skip them wihtout any delay. It's like shooting a Jakobs gun lol, tap the left mouse button really quick and you are in the main menu in less than 2 sec.

Not nearly as bad as some games that won't let you skip them (Even BL1 I think wouldn't let you skip them).

Raide

Spent a few hours now, really enjoying the changes. Combat feels good and enemy variation is awesome... the one thing I hate...

THE RESPAWN ANIMATION TAKES TOOOOOOO DAMN LONG!

It like Too Human levels here! Well, not really but every time I die, the respawn timing really pulls me out of the game and annoys me.

Other than that, good job so far!

Ok back in this thread! :D
loving the game so far we got sidetracked for a hole evening on side quest and exploring.

Going to stream again in a few min co-op xbox360 on twitch where we left off last Thursday.

Ok we know we had some issues last week but we think we figured them all out!
Audio has been fixed (we think)
Better camera settings.

Please if you watch the stream even for just a little bit keep the feedback coming!
on neogaf pm
on twitter via @thedutchslayer
or in the chat.

GOING LIVE IN ABOUT 5 MIN

Thank you all :)

Meier

OMG, W4R-D3N and his 2 badass loaders and infinitely spawning enemies just absolutely decimated my Zer0. No clue how I will win this fight.

Edit: Ahh, you don't have to. PHEW!

Dizzy-4U

Hahaha, holy shit at Moxxi's favorite gun. I can't use it more than a couple of minutes because
my hands lose all sensitivity to the controller and I can't aim for shit.
This game man, this fucking game, haha.

Drazgul

^ 50, so 45 skill points total.

Do you start getting other skins from the slots as you level up? It's kinda lame getting the triple 7's since there was only a handful of different skins and all I'm getting is dupes now.

OMG, W4R-D3N and his 2 badass loaders and infinitely spawning enemies just absolutely decimated my Zer0. No clue how I will win this fight.

Edit: Ahh, you don't have to. PHEW!

Unfortunately, you still do, just in a different location. Shotgun to the glowing red eye works okay, but I still died a good 10 times before I could end it.

KingKong

man this game is gorgeous

AI1WW.jpg

I'm really enjoying the side quests too. I didn't get too far in Borderlands 1 but this one has really great ones, like the Assassins and the Fire God quest chain. There are still a few of those 'kill x creatures' but I'm just ignoring those. I've put a bunch of points into speed increase on hit and now I can just run past huge amounts of enemies, which really helps because I find that to be a slog (there are TONS of enemies on the way to objectives and they all respawn so quitting mid mission and going back means goign through them all again)

KarmaCow

Hahaha, holy shit at Moxxi's favorite gun. I can't use it more than a couple of minutes because
my hands lose all sensitivity to the controller and I can't aim for shit.
This game man, this fucking game, haha.

Is that the one you getting for tipping her? Playing on the PC, I was wondering what was special about it.

Dizzy-4U

Is that the one you getting for tipping her? Playing on the PC, I was wondering what was special about it.

Yep, I ended up tipping her around $20,000 total for both guns (both SMG in my case)
If you are playing with a mouse/keyboard, you won't notice why is her favorite gun. The controller vibrates like crazy constantly, even without shooting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yep, I ended up tipping her around $20,000 total for both guns (both SMG in my case)
If you are playing with a mouse/keyboard, you won't notice why is her favorite gun. The controller vibrates like crazy constantly, even without shooting.
Do you know at what increments you get the guns?

I tipped 10K and got nothing so I said fuck it :/

Anyone know if you can play 2 players splitscreen with two other people online?
You can.

Dizzy-4U

I think it's somewhat random because I got the first gun at around 10.000 but when I tried to get the second gun, I had 25.000 with me and gave it all to her and got nothing. I quit and reload before it autosaved and when I tried again I got it at 10.000.

Teknoman

It cant be said enough, game has one of the best soundtracks in the FPS genre this year. Wish more first person shooters today would take a page from Halo or Borderlands. So scene setting.

DryvBy

Ok, so has anyone seen (spoiler) this?

Freakin' TMNT quest complete with pizza, a TMNT lair, and four guys named Dan, Mick, Ralph, and Lee.

ironcreed

Banned
I got pretty bored about halfway through the first one and never played it again, but footage of this looks so much better for some reason. I may check it out later on down the road.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I do! 10k you get the achievement, 20k you get the first gun, and at 30k you get the second gun.

But I was using keyboard and mouse and didn't know what was so special about the second gun,
funny how it causes your controller to continuously vibrate.

Derrick01

Banned
I was about to post that those giant crystal things are the worst bastards in this game but then I figured out their secret and now they're probably the easiest enemy to kill in this game. You can take them out in 3 easy hits!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I do! 10k you get the achievement, 20k you get the first gun, and at 30k you get the second gun.

But I was using keyboard and mouse and didn't know what was so special about the second gun,
funny how it causes your controller to continuously vibrate.
Oh god that's a lot of money. D:

Thanks though! Do these guns scale with level too like most things?

Riggs

Banned
LVL 27 and still not finding any good assault rifles. Not sure what is wrong with the loot table. I am getting awesome pistols/shot guns/smg's (sometimes, not often)/sniper rifles/bazookas .... but no assault rifles. And if they do drop they are complete shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom